[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question /v/ How do I improve my aim? I consider Sniper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 462x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 462x259
Serious question /v/
How do I improve my aim?
I consider Sniper my main as I have the most amount of hours as him, but I switch classes so often I'm more of a multi-classer. And, since I've been playing more MVM than I normally do, I'm kind of losing my edge, been missing some otherwise easy headshots. Just looking for some advice for improving aim on pubs. Not a comp fag yet, waiting for matchmaking to release so I can test the waters.
>inb4 tf2 is ded fgt go ply csgo
>inb4 comp 6s get plat m8
>inb4 get good get le mayo box
>>
Lower your sensitivity
>>
>>331838613
Do this. You need pixel perfect mouse movement if you want your aim to improve. From there, just practise every day.
>>
>>331838613
I can't remember exactly what my sensitivity is at currently (not at my toaster either), but if I remember correctly it's pretty dang low, sub 3.0 I think. Maybe I'll try lowering it a bit more and see how that fares.
>>
>>331838613
dif anon here
i also play many different classes. if sensitivity is lowered how do i immediately turn and fire at something behind me?
will i need to swing my mouse so far i punch the wall?
>>
>>331838087
>sniper as main
Post hours.

Also, lower sensitivity. Best general advice I can give for a class I never play as. Little twitches in your aiming can cost you a pick or worse.
>>
>>331839064
2,500 in game. 260-70'ish as Sniper. I know, I know, I'm not a 1,500 hour Sniper only plat player but...
>>331838963
I already play with 2.6~ish sense, it doesn't take that much effort to turn around, but you should be used to turning around frequently to find targets or spy check.
>>
>>331839243
No worries, I'm not a Platinum level player either. Was around the area though when I still played. You already have about twice the number of hours than I do ingame, and multitudes more on Sniper.

Does TR_Walkway still work? It's not exactly optimal for training, but it beats being called a useless faggot for being the 5th sniper on your team.

Otherwise, best I can suggest is to stop playing MVM and getting used to bots like that, and instead dick around on pubs and get headshots on dumbass scouts and other fucks that move in a straight line, then proceed to get called an aimbotter. Sure, they're about as smart as the bots, but it's still useful practice if you want to get back into the swing of things.
>>
>>331838963
Get a good mouse/mouse software with sensitivity clutches
>>
>>331839458
I mainly atarted playing MVM for more variety because I don't like the rest of the PVP gamemodes besides attack/defend, and I never even snipe against bots but I guess it's still throwing off my aim. Last I checked, tr_walkway still worked, but I never thought I'd have to use it to practice my main class. I tried Ambassador, reflecting projectiles, trickstabs and market gardens, but I always thought I should get real practice. Maybe now's the time.
>>
>>331839458
>>331839746
tr_walkway is bad for practising sniper because the bots have frozen hitboxes, which aren't the same as normal players.
>>
>>331839908
Well shit then. Only other thing I can think of is maybe practice mode. Do the bots there have jacked hitboxes or is it just that the bots are still stupid and TF2's hitreg sucks anyway?
>>
>>331840065
Hitboxes are fine in practice mode. You're better off playing against real players though.
>>
>>331840263
Figured so.
I was kinda hoping for maybe some advanced tactics or game sense tips as well, maybe something that isn't commonplace in pubs. I'm kinda inconsistent in my playing so I can either wipe the floor with competitive players or get my ass gaped by F2P's, so maybe I'm doing something wrong? I guess the sensitivity could do it, but I would have thought 2.5k in game and 250 would be practice enough.
Well I switch off to CS:GO sometimes so that doesn't help the situation too much.
>>
>>331838963
You have to get used to lifting your mouse a lot, and at most cover (almost) your whole mousepad for a 180. Source: played with 58cm/360 for years, but switched to 37 recently
>>
>>331840479
Crosshair placement and positioning are still very essential in TF2. You can also use strafe aim like in quake a bit to make tracking shots easier. But then again, these also come with practice. What helped me improve my sniper a lot was playing CTF, the tempo is just so perfect for sniper.
>>
>>331840881
Hmm. Might have to try this. As mentioned before, I exclusively play Attack/Defend or 2 Cities. Guess it can't hurt to have some variety and try to practice
>>
File: fucking spy mains lol.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
fucking spy mains lol.webm
3 MB, 960x540
all you have to do is K I L L
>>
>>331838087
play aimbooster.swf sempai
>>
just play a different class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFfa60O8Y48
>>
zoom_sensitivity_ratio 0.833

Don't use default crosshair, it's not centered
>>
I remember seeing a russian website that had flash games to improve sniper aim.does anyone have a link to that website?
>>
>>331841338
Feel free to call me an asshole for suggesting this, but you should find some 30-odd player server and just fuck around there. So long as it doesn't have RTD or low-geav or some shit, you're not at a loss for targets and nobody cares about winning or losing, especially if it's a trade server.

You'll not get the most skilled of people to fight against, but if you're looking for simple headshot training, I feel it'd be hard to go wrong with it.
>>
>>331841445
shitty webms aren't good referance material
>>
>>331841486
Sniper is the class I like the most. That and Spy, except for the fact that Spy is pretty much only good on Valve servers and is next to impossible against players that know how to play the game. Pyro can be fun at times but I'm not good enough with him and I still prefer Sniper.
>>
Play MvM as sniper with the heatmaker.
Assuming people don't boot you right off the bat which a lot of them will because MUH DEMOMAN you'll get a lot of practice. Remember to pop that Focus meter on giants with max explosive headshot/reload speed/a tick of +25HP on kill, and watch as you get more damage that the heavy because you establish a complete death feild around the giants. For added bonus, get slowing jarate and make giant scouts piss easy
>>
>>331841558
Why would you use 0.833?

https://m.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/43urd4/why_0818933027098955175_is_the_best_zoom/
>>
>>331841714
https://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/1woi1b/snipers_whats_your_zoom_sensitivity_ratio_set_at/
>>
>>331841573
No that's great actually. I should try that.
>>331841558
I have mine set to the little circle. If I keep it centered on the bodies of targets with any gun but a sniper I do pretty well. But I also set it so the crosshair doesn't apoear while scoped, I just use the dot. Thanks for the command, I'll try that as well.
>>331841565
I'm curious about this now.
>>331841578
Le mobile fag, I can't even play webms no matter how shitty, so yeah that helps a lot.
>>
>2016
>Still playing meme fortress
>Posting reddit links
>"Maining classes"
>Not playing what is most needed in a particular moment

Kill yourselves faggots, All of you.
>>
>>331841697
I've got around 23 tours now, Aussie 14th, and 2k hours, if they wanna boot me I'll just leave anyhow.
>>331841714
>>331841862
I ain't clicking that shit. Le reddit army.
>>
>>331839243
2.6 doesn't mean anything without your dpi, you need to measure in inches per 360

http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm
>>
>>331841885
Try using the crosshair anyways dude, I remember trying it with the dot as well and couldn't hit shit
The flash games won't help build muscle memory for anything but cursor games
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 500x367
>>331841972
If you'll notice I said I switch classes often in the OP. I switch classes to whatever is needed at the time, and when a spot opens up I play my favorite class. Excuse me but I never posted a reddit link, in fact I just complained about them.
I hope you choke on your bleach during your sleep.
>>
>>331841885
Found it
aim400kg dot com
>>
>>331842061
Forgive me but I don't have my mouse software setup so no idea what DPI I've got, only going by in-game settings.
>>331842090
That shitty default crosshair that you start with? Enabling crosshair while scoped? Installing custom crosshair? Changing to one of the preinstalled crosshairs? You're losing me anon it's 4am here.
>>
>>331842248
Using your crosshair while scoped. The dot has weird behaviour and only appears after the scoping animation. It's very inconsistent
>>
>>331841972
When I played the game I mained Soldier and generally did damn well with it. Of course sticking to it when the situation calls for something else is retarded, but that's only something you'll see in braindead pubs and arrogant fucks who aren't half as good as they think they are. I know I'm not the hottest shit out there, but my comp experience tells me that I'm at least comfortably above average.
>>
>>331842331
I noticed that, but the crosshair is off center and it would totally screw my aim. Maybe I'll try for a little while.
>>
>>331842138
Well then you are kind alright in my boo-

>I hope you choke on your bleach during your sleep.

I WILL SKULLFUCK YOU AND CUM ON YOUR DEAD BODY WITH POWER OF THOUSAND SUNS YOU WORTHLSS PIECE OF SHIT, EXCUSE OF A HUMAN BEING
>>
>>331842554
Just use a different crosshair
>>
You're a subhuman shitstain for wanting to play Sniper, but you've at least set up your rates, right?
>>
>>331842675
3/10
>>331842696
I'll try some stuff out tomorrow then.
>>331842801
Explain to me why I'm such a degenerate for wanting to play one of the nine available classes in a class based game. News flash, games are supposed to be fun, I have fun playing that class, get over it, Soldier mains.
>>
Shit. Forgot how slow this board was. OP's gonna get some shuteye, don't lose the thread anons.
>>
>>331843254
nig nig
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.