[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> people hate this game Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: zelda2g.png (2 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
zelda2g.png
2 KB, 256x224
> people hate this game
Why?
>>
Its not like the other games/its too hard
I'm sad they never made a follow up
>>
>>331836628

genre shift mostly. they sorta plop you down and say 'you liked exploring in the last game, here's more but with less clues!' its also pretty hard for its genre. and yes i've played the original castlevania
>>
File: 1450242046713.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1048) Image search: [Google]
1450242046713.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1048
>>331836628
Unpopular Opinions

Zelda 2 is the best
Mario 2 is the best
Metroid 2 is the best
>>
zelda 2 is essentially an 8bit souls. really better than most of the recent zelda games
>>
Because it's mildly difficult and downright hard by the last dungeon and modern gamers are predominately casuals and casuals that don't know they are casuals and casuals who are in denial that they are casuals.
>>
>>331836628
Zelda 2 was incredibly popular when it came out. It had very great sales too. The Zelda 2 hate is mostly retroactive, people who played started with the later games like LTTP and OOT then trying Zelda 2 later and thinking it's too different. Zelda 2 is honestly a very good game, still holds up today, the controls and mechanics are perfect. I don't know of any other game that makes shielding attacks so precise and satisfying, in most games blocking is just holding a button.
>>
any good romhacks of this?
>>
It's challenging.

It's not even that it's hard. Certainly not compared to other NES games of its time. But let's be honest, the Zelda games and the majority of the fanbase are fairly casual, so its difficulty was a bit much for them.

It's my favourite in the series. I was actually disappointed they returned to the old style with aLttP.
>>
zelda 2 is fucking rad, I wish they would release another one like it
>>
>>331836628
it is way different from the original

they should have called it in another way.

But still GOAT
>>
I enjoyed it. The only other game I've played like it is that Battle of Olympus game for NES, but I ended up not knowing where to go and dropping it.
>>
>>331837142
>The Zelda 2 hate is mostly retroactive
No it wasn't. People were complaining that it was nothing like the original and even to this day gets tagged as the "black sheep" of the franchise.
>>
>>331836628
Probably because there were at least two of those Nut enemies that blocked every 19 out of 20 attacks in every dungeon.
>>
The Zelda fanbase has extreme assburgers, so they obviously aren't gonna try something new because they don't like change.
>>
>>331836628
Dunno. Friend wouldn't let me play it when we were kids until I won a bet and I loved it.

Think it's the difficulty and the fact you need decent spacing skills.
>>
>>331837704
I'm always surprised when I see someone who doesn't figure out that you can jump and hit those guys for a guaranteed hit
>>
>>331837116
This. Because kids are gettting birth more casual than the previous immediate batch
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.