[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we save Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory? Is it possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
How do we save Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory?

Is it possible to revive it and make a competitive scene again?
>>
Brink killed the dream
>>
>>331835982
How did brink kill it if it never had the life to begin with?
>>
Would it be possible to create a new competitive scene for it?

What makes a competitive scene so interested for people to play if it doesn't involve a physical tournament in a physical location?

What is a good prize pool?
>>
What happened to it? I haven't played this in years.
>>
Bring ice cream
>>
>how do we save
Release a mod for it and advertise the fuck out of it, get server support going for it

>Is it possible to revive it and make a competitive scene again?

not a chance
>>
>>331836803
It's losing more and more players.

>>331836860
What flavor?

>>331837163
Why isn't there a chance? It has balance and it has fun 3v3, 5v5 or even 10v10 scenes.
>>
>>331835749
It's not gonna happen bro and it kills us all inside. I wish the game was still popular, it's the game I probably miss the most.
>>
>>331835749
I've seem more and more old friends jump on Dirty Bomb. I love ET, but the current community is pretty bad. I'll play with you guys if you make a server though.
>>
>>331839041
>i've been playing since 2003
it hurts.

>>331839165
I made a server for /g/ about 2 years ago. I even made a Wiki page for it on the installgentoo wiki. We had at peak 10 people on the server. Maybe I can set it up again. If you're interested you can go on the consolekey website to keep updated.
>>
>>331839769
It hurts me too bro, I just really wish there was a megapack of every map and mod and shit so I could re-live it every once in a while
>>
If there was an easy, trivial and sure way to make the game work and good populated servers, I'd never let go of this game again.
But the game just doesn't agree with me anymore.
We once got a good games of ET going at a lan party, until my PC, out of nowhere, decided that I'm not allowed to play anymore and the game stopped working.
>>
>>331835749
Put it on Steam
>>
>>331841768
This.
Steam saved TERA, it's can save this game as well.
>>
>>331841872
>>331841768
Also more maps and more factions besides USA and Germany

And a patch to fix it on modern computers
>>
>>331835749
By making Punkbuster fuck off and die forever. I can't tell you how many times it kicked me for no reason or tried to update in the middle of the game despite already being at the current version, failing, and hard locking my computer while it was at it.

This also made me stop playing True Combat: Elite.
>>
>>331835749
it's called dirty bomb which is actually a good game

et was super casual compared to rtcw anyway
>>
>>331842007
jesus I had completely forgotten about punkbuster

PC gaming really changed in the last decade
>>
>>331842104
Punkbuster is one of the worst anti-cheat systems I've ever seen.
>>
It's there for you to download, for free. It's just that the engine is terribly outdated and requires effort and luck to work, and then every surviving server forces you to download a metric ton of crap.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.