[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Spends 11 million dollars developing controller. >Doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: th.jpg (4 KB, 300x87) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
4 KB, 300x87
>Spends 11 million dollars developing controller.
>Doesn't include rechargeable battery.
>Rechargeable battery costs $25 and comes with a USB cable.
>Battery always dead even after charging.
>Battery randomly disconnects, have to shove piece of paper in between it and the cover.
>Controller randomly turns off.

WHAT THE FUCK MICROSOFT HOLY SHIT
>>
Seriously, none of you have this issue?
>>
>>331835147
we all own ps4's buddy
we don't have to worry about it
i'm sorry you bought an xbone
>>
>>331835147

No because I have a set of rechargable batteries and enjoy not having to buy chink knock offs when the lithium cell dies like Sony controllers.
>>
>>331835147
No man, mine works for a long time after I charge it, the only issue I had was with the wire, but that was because my cat bit into it. You must have either gotten a defunct battery pack, or just shit at keeping them in good condition
>>
>>331835235
I have both.

Also the Xbone controller is 5/5 with PC.
>>
>>331835317
>Not getting a wired controller for the PC
The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
I had this problem on the 360. Good to see it carried over to THE ONE.
>>
>>331835147
Literally never.
>>
wait, are you telling me xbox controllers still take AAs?
>>
>>331835450
Yep!

Chargeable battery is $24.99! plus tip ::DDD
>>
>>331835372
>Elite controller is wired
I'm with that other anon, Elite Xbone controller is sublime for the PC
>>
>>331834584
b-b-but it's the best controller ever unlike the horrible sony controller!!!!!!!!!!!

/v/ agrees, see >>331806764
>>
>>331835548
Haven't owned consoles in a long time, but
>current year
>batteries are still a thing
I mean c'mon
>>
>>331835317
PITA to get working with Win7 but I agree. It's a solid gamepad.
>>
>>331835995
>PITA to get working with Win7

wtf are you even on about?
>>
AA's were the best things to happen to controllers. I can get a 10 pack of these asian knockoff duracells for £1 and it lasts me like 3 weeks to a month. I can't understand how people play with controllers with in built battery packs that literally last for 5 hours max (looking at you ds4).
>>
>>331835304
>this much damage control
Ive used PS3 controllers for years and years and years and no sign of the battery being shortened yet.

Not only that, but if the battery dies, buy a new one. You will save more on buying a new controller then constantly buying batteries
>>
You do know that a USB cable with the proper jack or whatever can be used and the controller will work even if there's NO batteries, right?
>>
>>331836062
Because just connecting a usb cable when you get the low battery warning to continue playing while it charges is way better than having your controller completely die on you and then you have to change AA batteries in the middle of your online game.

Enjoy paying £1 every month just to have to change out your battery 10 times every month.
>>
>>331836089
Ok well this is a blatant lie.

I bought a ds3 back in 2010 and today it doesn't even turn on without a wire constantly plugged in.
>>
>>331836046
>Pain in the arse to get working on Windows 7
Presumably because you have to manually install the drivers
>>
>>331836305
Video or lying.
>>
>>331836305
Rechargeable batteries tend to completely die out if you empty it and then leave it without charging for a very very long time.

The cells need some kind of charge to maintain it's life. Most idiots don't know this tho so they let their battery die out completely when they don't charge it for awhile. Even if you don't use the product for a long time, you should at least charge it every now and than.
>>
>>331836292
>implying I want to get up, walk across the room and sit 3 inches from the fucking tv because the battery in my controller is low and it needs to be plugged in every 5 hours

2 of those batteries last me around 5 days even when I play 3 hours a day.

>change your AA batteries in the middle of an online game
I don't know if sony cheaped out by not implementing this simple feature into their os but I get a warning when my controller batteries have like an hour left in them. The controller doesn't just turn off like it clearly does on the ds4 based on what you just implied.
>>
>>331836456
Sitting at full charge for long periods of time isn't good either, so I wouldn't charge them all the way.
>>
Xbone controller is known to be a turd.

DS4 / X360 controllers = godlike

Dualshock 3/ Xbone Elite Controller = decent

SixAxis / X1 controller = cheap turd
>>
how the fuck nintendo managed to have their pro controller last so long? that is some magic shit
>>
>>331837083

by now blowing the "100m" on advertising, but on actual R&D.
>>
Even though the DS4's battery life is balls compared to the XBONE controller, FUCK buying batteries all the time, that shit adds up real fast.
>>
File: 1444652675940.gif (202 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
1444652675940.gif
202 KB, 500x284
>he bought an xbone
>>
>>331837895
>He does not own both and a pc
What are you poor?
>>
File: 1441687284495.jpg (61 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1441687284495.jpg
61 KB, 380x380
>>331837895
>he fell for the #4thegaylords meme
>>
>>331836662
>even when I play 3 hours a day.

3 hours a day is casual mode.

> last me around 5 days

And then you buy new batteries. Not worth the money.

> I don't know if sony cheaped out by not implementing this simple feature into their os but I get a warning when my controller batteries have like an hour left in them.

You never read my first sentence.
>>
>>331836758
>Sitting at full charge for long periods of time isn't good either, so I wouldn't charge them all the way.

I'm fairly sure every new rechargeable battery nowadays does not overcharge. Back then it was a issue but now it knows when it's full and does not overcharge.
>>
>>331834584
DELETE THIS

XBOX WON
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.