[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it time for Nintendo to leave the gaming industry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: nintendologo.jpg (65 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
nintendologo.jpg
65 KB, 650x366
Or would you rather see them continue down their current path of operations and business?
>>
We need Nintendo.
Their home consoles serve as containment board for the most autistic manchildren.

Their handhelds are legit good tho.
>>
File: Fawful Caricature.png (270 KB, 962x638) Image search: [Google]
Fawful Caricature.png
270 KB, 962x638
>>331822872
They actually make videogames though
>>
What, and let the other 2 stay as is all by themselves?

Fuck no
>>
I'd like to see them die and not even become a third party at this point
They have been releasing mediocre games that are locked to awful hardware (3ds & wii u). If they can't even make good first-party games, what the fuck is the point of buying Nintendo?
>>
Would rather they continue making consoles and games, would be pretty boring if the current trends continue and the future is nothing but walking simulators and FPS.
>>
They're already completely irrelevant, so whether they leave or not, nothing is gonna change in the mainstream gaming market.
>>
>>331822872
i'd rather if all the companies just up and left

no video games for anyone

HEE HEE HEE

NO GAMES!
>>
>>331822872
Well.. They still make games...
More than you can say for Sony.
>>
I was talking with my friend about this and we were both kinda baffled. All that Nintendo would need to do to dominate the console market is release a system that is the same as the other two.

Their first party titles (Zelda, Mario, smash, etc) are always strong and if their lineup was backed by the same multi-plats as everyone else, there'd be no reason to buy a different console.

If they aren't going to compete, they should just drop out of the console market all together and just make games for the other two. People would definitely buy them.
>>
>>331822872
Considering the current state of the industry, without Nintendo everything would be extremely boring except for the PC mid budget exclusives.
>>
angry nintenbabies incoming
>>
Nintendo should stay. Honestly, we could use another company to battle with them, micro and Sony.
>>
>>331823578
This was only true in gen 7. The DS library was amazing but the Wii library sucked.

Now the Wii U library is amazing, but the 3DS sucks and hasn't gotten a game in years.
>>
>>331824892
Nintendo has their own market; they aren't competing with MS and Sony.
>>
>>331824892
That's the thing, they're already not battling with Microsoft and Sony. They're doing their own thing completely independently of them. They have their own niche. The problem is the niche is shrinking and not bringing any new people in.
>>
>>331825002
I didn't mean sales really, more of creativity.
>>
>>331822872
They can die just as soon as they release Mario Kart and Fire Emblem on iOS and Android
>>
I wouldn't miss them at all. I haven't really liked Nintendo since Gamecube. It's a shame that system sold poorly, maybe things would have gone differently.
>>
File: 1455726174040.jpg (38 KB, 552x554) Image search: [Google]
1455726174040.jpg
38 KB, 552x554
They should continue, eventually they need to receive a very hard blow and learn from it for good.

It is time to hateposting against any given company leave or would you rather see it to continuing its path?

>>331824910
>Wii library sucked compared to NDS.
>>
This board would be too slow without people who whine about Nintendo, so they need to stay the same.
>>
>>331822872
>stop liking what i dont like!
>>
>>331822872
Is it time for Sex Genie to leave /v/? Or would you rather see more pictures of his fat, gay, bald ass?
>>
>>331827915
tfw the board has become Nintendgaf just so we get traffic.
>>
>>331822872
>Is it time for Nintendo to leave the gaming industry?
Are they causing any material harm to the health of gaming or to game consumers? Why not just ignore them and their products if you don't like what they're making or their business model?
>>
>>331828086
It's Nintendo focused because people who like Nintendo talk about Nintendo and people who hate Nintendo talk about Nintendo instead of other games. The fault lies with the latter people.
>>
>>331822872
No?
If Nintendo stopped making games they'd hold onto all their ips and that's not what anyone wants.
The only thing we can hope for is that they smarten the fuck up and get with the program.
>>
They just need to get their head out of their ass and stop making the dumbest possible decision at every turn. Who hires a professional writer to write a political drama about fantasy kingdoms with ambiguous morality and throws it all out to make a story about magic chairs? Who takes a series known for being a lonely atmospheric exploration game and turns it into a chibi squad-based shooter? Who combines two series known for being dark fantasy and turns the product into a bubbly romp about the pop industry? Who makes an RPG without RPG mechanics or characters?

That's not even getting into all the NoA stuff. Nintendo just needs to suffer a series of failures until they are forced to swallow their pride and start taking things seriously.
>>
>>331828313
>Nintendo just needs to suffer a series of failures until they are forced to swallow their pride
If they suck so much they should have collapsed already.

Maybe they don't suck and you just don't like them anymore.

That's fine, go do something else.
>>
Nintendo still makes GREAT fucking games. As long as they do that, I'm fine.
>>
They can stick around and waste all the money they like. There's nothing I enjoy more than seeing the moment a dumbass finally comes to the negative consequences of their moronic actions.
>>
These threads are being spammed by an autistic former tripfag who went by TheDude.
>>
>>331828458
They are in the process of doing so. The Wii was very successful initially, less so as time went on, and the WiiU did not catch on at all. Maybe the NX will catch on and Nintendo won't have to change anything. It's certainly possible, however unlikely.
>>
>>331828612
>They are in the process of doing so
Great, I'll see you when they're doomed.
>>
>>331824657
>same as the other two

Console children in a nutshell. You faggots literally want consoles to become the smart phone market. Everything homogenous.
>>
>>331828507

So they could come out with a new console with a sensor pad you mount on the wall and all the games are controlled by you violently dry humping the wall but it doesn't matter because the games are great?
>>
>>331828652
That's a minority between consolewars posters thankfully. Among PCasuals not so much.
>>
>>331828652
Meanwhile in the real woeld we have Miiverse and Nintendo pushing shit like Miitomo

Fucking hypocrite
>>
Stop replying to Fester you retards.
>>
>>331827770
I am a Sony fan through and though but I play Nintendo games. I want Nintendo to succeed and make a good product and make great games again.

There are a lot of Nintendo fans that automatically hate me because I like Sony but I don't hate them, the anger they have for me sometimes makes me hate Nintendo but I still like them and their games and their products when it comes down to it even ones that aren't very good like wiiU.
>>
>>331822872
They should stop making consoles and just make handhelds.
>>
>>331829260
this
>>
>>331828313
Nintendo has a bad habit of taking potentially decent ideas and slapping a recognizable IP on them even if it doesn't fit. Just look at what's been happening with poor Chibi Robo.
>>
>>331829260
The 3DS is a rancid fucking turd that ruins every game it has
>>
>>331828823

Yes?
>>
>>331829361
Still better than the Wii U.
>>
File: 1457305916280.jpg (33 KB, 480x432) Image search: [Google]
1457305916280.jpg
33 KB, 480x432
Their two primary platforms going forward are going to be the NX and mobile phones. Once they start cranking out shit like Pokemon Go and touch optimised ROMs, Nintendo's going to rake in the big bucks. My prediction is that the NX is going to market its self hard as fuck to normies as a platform to play their favorite mobile games plus exclusives that take advantage of its hardware. I fully expect shit like clash of clans and and game of war to be compatible with it. It's actually pretty smart, but I can see this going either way. They will no doubt lose their hardcore audience though.
>>
no, they should just stop making hardware and do what Sega is doing
>>
>>331830186
But that'd be Sega doing what Nintendoes.

That's just wrong.
>>
>>331824749
Pretty much this. Nintendo is the only one trying out new game types. The rest of the industry are chasing preorder numbers and marketing budget deadlines
>>
>>331822872

nintendo leaves, and thats news for some very bad times within gaming friend. no better omen saying you should stop while you still have the chance

inb4nintendrone, dont have wiiu
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.