[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the greatest game of all time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: media_cloud_big.jpg (153 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
media_cloud_big.jpg
153 KB, 800x600
This is the greatest game of all time
>>
You are correct.
/thread
>>
File: barret-shit.jpg (156 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
barret-shit.jpg
156 KB, 500x312
It's Japan's best attempt at creating a culturally American JRPG.

They definitely did their research on niggers.
>>
>>331813656

too bad the remake has already ruined cloud by making him scrawnier than he's ever been.
>>
>>331813802

How does one remake the greatest game of all time?
>>
>>331813873

Doesn't Barret even comment about Cloud's thin appearance that he hasn't been eating well and is anorexic?
>>
File: 1429221277988.gif (2 MB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
1429221277988.gif
2 MB, 245x184
in my opinion, when a game manages to make me daydream about it for weeks even after finishing it then it was a great experience

have a chocobo
>>
>>331813656
Some people will say it's overrated. But those people who say that has never been around during the launch of VII back in the day.
>>
>>331814005

HMMM. Lets break it down.

>perfect story for the time
>perfect dialogue for the time
>perfect characters for the time
>perfect graphics for the time
>perfect music for the time
>perfect gameplay for the time
>perfect beginning
>perfect middle
>perfect end
>perfect everything

2000s cucks will refute this.
>>
>>331814005
>that "anyone who doesn't agree with me is young" security blanket meme
>>
It's an ok entry in an ok jrpg series.
>>
>>331814148
SMT had better gameplay at the time.
Mario 64 had better graphics.
Terranigma had better OST
Live a Live had better characters and dialogue.
And no game ever did anything "perfect."
These are all games that came out earlier and were better in these aspects.

How can you say your game has "perfect" things when others do those "perfect" things better?

Also FFT was better.
>>
File: Cloud-FFVIIArt.png (181 KB, 456x544) Image search: [Google]
Cloud-FFVIIArt.png
181 KB, 456x544
>>331813873

too bad ur a faget :^)
>>
>>331814619
You're retarded. It was during a time when 3D was new and they were seriously pushing the boundaries of 3D graphics. And the kiddy-friendly Final Fantasy games were thrown to the waters with this game. You will never understand the impact of VII. And it's the reasons why Squeenix exists.
>>
>>331814732
what would you consider a "great" jrpg series?
>>
File: Odds25resizedhe3.jpg (161 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Odds25resizedhe3.jpg
161 KB, 500x375
>>331815003
SMT, particularly digital devil saga.
>>
>>331813656
it isn't but its still bretty gud
>>
>>331814795

>SMT had better gameplay at the time

How so? The press turn system didn't exist until much later. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious about why you consider it superior, and what SMTs of that era are you refering to.
>>
>>331814931
>you will never understand the impact
>look at me guys I'm old this is how you know I'm old and this guy is young
>where is my security blanket???

I was in middle school during gen 5 and perfectly understand the impact of the transition. I never even said anything bad about FFVII. I just think your meme is retarded, friend.
>>
>>331815463
>The press turn system didn't exist until much later.
I thought SMT2 did have that fuck I never actually played it
>>
>>331815490
No you're stupid. No matter what you say you will never understand the time when Ocarina of Time came out or VII coming out during it's heydays. The hype, and looking at those fresh new graphics with it's mature storyline. You lack experience and think you know everything. Go back to something like Snapchat and take a pic of your stupid fucking animu collection you underage faggot.
>>
>>331813656
It's the most overrated game of all time. Yes more than Halo even.
>>
>>331815003
What actual difference does it make? Are you just looking for an excuse to get all defensive over a differing opinion?
>>
>>331815653
>anyone who doesn't agree with me is the things I don't like waaaahhhhh
>>
File: MorrowindCOVER.jpg (62 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
MorrowindCOVER.jpg
62 KB, 375x500
No, this is
>>
>>331816059
>Western trash
lol. SeperoithSword57 would never approve of that game.
>>
File: Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg (118 KB, 700x640) Image search: [Google]
Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg
118 KB, 700x640
Chrono Trigger > FF7

FF7 is still a pretty good game though, but also pretty overrated.
>>
Vanilla/TBC WoW was the greatest game ever made. It was nearly ubiquitous in it's time, nearly everyone played it at some point.

Fucking miss those days.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.