[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody ever heard of Atlas Videos? My friend's mom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: atlas.png (552 KB, 517x642) Image search: [Google]
atlas.png
552 KB, 517x642
Has anybody ever heard of Atlas Videos? My friend's mom woke up one morning and saw this playing but they cant find anything on Atlas Videos.
>>
>>331813201
no clue
>>
It's just some guy on youtube that does tool-assisted playthroughs of old games with the camera zoomed out to show all the detail of the stages.

>Retro Gaming Remastered!

>I've put countless hours over the last 4 years developing my technique of remastering classic game footage into high definition with an enhanced field of view. Future game suggestions are always welcomed and I also enjoy collaborating with others so if you would like to participate in the next Atlas Video then send me a message!
>>
Yeah but for it to pop up on tv? Seems weird.
>>
>>331814465
It's someone pretending that a ghost is playing the game. They're lying about it just popping on and instead staged the picture.
>>
I know these people. My friend msg me asking to see wtf it was. They dont really do this kind of shit.
>>
>>331814668
Congratulations anon, your friend's family is being haunted by a loser that watches gameplay videos.
>>
>>331814668
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>331814668
Wow thats crazy, have they seen The Grifter too?
>>
no U. Im not lying I thought we could solve this shit and it be neat but I guess not anon.
>>
>>331814314
>tool-assisted
What does this mean? I looked up gameplay of The Pagemaster on SNES to see if I wanted to replay it, and the guy posting the video said "this is my tool-assisted run of The Pagemaster, it's my first time playing it." Then he shit all over every trap and enemy and got all the secrets, blowing through the entire thing in like 30 minutes, which is complete bullshit because that game is huge. However, I didn't see any sort of hints or anything on his screen so I am very confused.
>>
They basically feed commands into the game telling it exactly when to execute actions.
>>
>>331815596
I don't really understand how that works but it sounds gay as fuck. What's wrong with just playing a game?
>>
Well if you use tool assist you can make the game do crazy shit like pixel perfect jumps and sequence breaks. Just for background noise or some shit I guess.
>>
File: 1458192420844.png (559 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1458192420844.png
559 KB, 720x404
>The video they did on snake rattle and roll

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc8nePqQ4rc
>>
>>331815475
They use a tool assist (usually software in the case of emulation) which will do frame-perfect controls to allow a person to fly through a game with absolute ease. You pretty much direct it where to go and the tool will correct for almost everything. It's pretty much guy presses buttons to make software beat the game for him.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.