[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSO2 will never be brought to the west not because they don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: pso2_top1.jpg (705 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pso2_top1.jpg
705 KB, 1920x1080
PSO2 will never be brought to the west not because they don't want to do all the work but because it's being touted as the last bastion of "japanese game for japanese people". The Jap players DESPISE the non-jab players, hate isn't a strong enough word of how they feel about the non-japs. If the devs didn't want to do the work but didn't care about the western players they wouldn't go out of their way to ban the non-japanese IPs.
>>
Can you blame them? In my 1K hours of FFXIV I never had a single bad experience with a japanese player while I ran into countless rude and/or incompetent english players.
>>
>japanese game for japanese people
They dont even like games anymore
>>
English PSO serves have always sucked since they were first split off.

>go out of their way to ban the non-japanese IPs.
This doesn't happen. I've been playing since launch and know a ton of others who also do.
>>
>>331808853
Funny. the PSO2 anime talks briefly about people from other countries such as america playing the game.
>>
>>331810960
Interesting. Haven't watched it yet. It's funny how the JP and devs are aware of the foreign players and acknowledge it.
>>
>>331810960
>>331811584
People...actually watch the anime and play this game? I quit pso2 a few months in to go back to psu and psp2 infinity.
>>
>>331813327
I try to at least give a episode or two of each seasonal anime a watch.
>>
>>331809662
Really? They must have changed drastically since the days of FFXI and JP ORNY
>>
File: 500ping.webm (918 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
500ping.webm
918 KB, 512x288
>>331808853

>The Jap players DESPISE the non-jab players
talking out of your ass I see, I played the game for 2 years straight and met a lot of cool Japanese people, most of the other ones that did not were really autist in doing stuff compared to US/etc people, basically "lone wolves" or just minding their business without intention of meeting people.

You only get that impression because everyone avoids US players not because they are loud and obnoxious, but because they are shit in the skill department, that is why floors with mostly US population are largely avoided.

The US vita floors are alright too but vita floors are awful balance wise, the enemies spawn with lesser numbers, and some things are changed in a way that doesn't mess up with the vita limited processing capabilities.

The non japanese IP ban thing was because their servers were being DDoS'd for a while by people within US and other countries, but they removed that shortly after, the only countries IP banned right now are the ones of the SEA region because they want them to play on their servers and the Chinese people because they used to fuck with the game in non good ways (bots, floor wide hacks, exploits, etc)
>>
PSO2 is pretty shit anyway. Played for a while but stopped when I realized it wasn't going to ever be challenging, and that all boss gimmicks amount to "Hit the weakpoint"
>>
>>331810960
What was it they said in the anime again? PSO2 comes pre-installed on all computers or something?
I went into that show expecting garbage and was still impressed by how bad it is.
>>
>>331813513
But why play the game when its a downgrade from pso and psu bro?
>>
I stopped playing shortly before Elder. How's the game now?
>>
>>331808853
>japanese game for japanese people
Game is in SEA and has been for a while so you're "reason" is bullshit.
>>
>>331808853
I ran around as a giant Robot with red white and blue paint job and named myself Murrica and they were all nice to me. You're talking out your ass that they hate non japs. I didn't find many that spoke english but the few that did were awesome.
>>
>>331819402
lol

SEA are cucks who will buy into any cash shop. its way behind on updates and the update delivery is all over the map. they got magatsu and gunner nerfs before episode 3 update.
>>
Why am I so worried Yamato will be a shit EQ compared to Mining Base 3/4?
>>
File: 1422811144218.jpg (65 KB, 297x300) Image search: [Google]
1422811144218.jpg
65 KB, 297x300
>>331808853
That's ok, it's not PSO at all, it's a shitty Monster Hunter clone with animu attacks and waifu dressup. Xenoblade X is the true successor to PSO's legacy of exploring hostile alien worlds with fuckhuge glowing things trying to kill you.
>>
>>331820009
Because magatsu is cancer
>>
>>331820148
>MH clone
Then it would be the worst clone of them all.
>>
>>331820501
And indeed it is.
>>
>>331820148
>mh clone

My favorite meme. Without pso, your shitty ass monster hunter and other arpg series would never exist
>>
>>331808853

This is all kinds of false and you are a moron. The devs and JP players are perfectly fine with the foreign presence and even feel flattered that such a strong following exists globally. They just want you to behave.
>>
>>331820559
And yet the genre owes nothing at all to PSO2, which is an iOS game masquerading as a MHlike and brings nothing of value to the table except dollies for manchildren to put in swimsuits.
>>
>>331821269
>this is what he truly believes!

PSO did kind of invent the whole go-hunt-and-grind-as-a-party action adventure genre

Kindly educate yourself before speaking with the adults
>>
>>331821514
I see reading comprehension was not one of the skills they taught in Korean MMO cucklet class.
PSO2 is not PSO, friend. PSO was a pioneering game that had huge implications for the industry. PSO2 is just more cash shop shovelware.
>>
>>331821768
Can you actually describe your experiences with PSO2 instead of dropping a thousand buzzwords like a 14 year old?

Because saying it's a mobile game is hilarious.
>>
>>331821768

>MUH MEMES

Speaking with you is a waste of time
>>
>>331808853
Na is to jp what br is to Na and ru is to eu
>>
>>331822002
He's right though
>>
>>331822284

No, you're not right.
>>
>>331808853
Please stop talking out of your ass
>>
>>331822284
Why?
>>
File: 1452563596859.gif (1 MB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
1452563596859.gif
1 MB, 217x217
>US players complaining about JP players
>Inspect them
>Fucking unaffixed units
>mfw Weapon not even +10
>Wears costumes worth millions
The game is already fucking easy holy shit. At least spend some of your money to get better gear.
>>
>>331822627
>he thinks he's hardcore

Trust me, you're not
>>
>>331808853
>The Jap players DESPISE the non-jab players, hate isn't a strong enough word of how they feel about the non-japs.
They've every reason to feel that way. Americunts ruined PSO and PSU. The PSO2 fanbase would be foolish not to be wary. Of course that does mean us honest non-cheating non-Americunts cop a bit unfair hate.
>>
File: 1457801267312.gif (556 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1457801267312.gif
556 KB, 480x270
>>331822748
Implying you need to be hardcore to have decent gear
>>
>>331822627
Waifu dressup is the only thing going for PSO2.
>>
File: ddos.jpg (167 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
ddos.jpg
167 KB, 1280x960
>>331814708
It was not an IP ban. I grow tired of explaining this. Sega took no action to prevent foriegn IPs from connecting, it just took forever for shithouse ISPs to get the new routes to the server so many users (including Japanese users) ended up sending their packets nowhere and came to the illogical conclusion that they had been banned.

If you were banned you'd connect successfully to get a message tellling you that you were banned.
>>
>>331823142

You're obviously projecting though. What deficiencies are you trying to mask?
>>
>>331823101
>Americunts ruined PSO and PSU

Nah, we didn't. You're just trying to bandwagon because hating murrica is le cool xD
>>
>want to try this game
>japan onry
>a few years later hear that the first three chapters have been translated
>spend a bazillion years downloading and setting up the patch, thinking I can just play the first few chapters then take a break while chapter 4 gets translated however long that is
>chapter 4 turns out to have changed fucking everything anyway, everything is in japanese except for the interface and tutorial missions which now have new framing that's jap anyway

No idea what the fuck I'm supposed to do now, is chapter 4 even going to get translated this decade?
>>
>>331824026
you can try clicking the play ep1-3 button on the character screen
>>
>>331824026
You mean Episode 4? Firstly, you can log in in 'Episode 1-3 mode' to do the old story stuff, secondly you can redo the story at any time so you don't need to wait for it to be translated. In fact, the new plot is so bad you're better off not understanding it all. You're better off doing a little of the Episode 4 story so you can at least unlock the Tokyo field.
>>
>>331824398
>>331824407

Oh there's a button for that? Okay.
>>
>>331823810
you realize the original PSO DC was one server because sega had faith in their players right? ever heard of broomop and other faggots? the ones who hacked the game, crashed consoles, and stole other players gear? They are a japanese company and if their japanese customers arent happy, theyre going to go for the obvious and separate the english players from there. Japs are the most polite people on earth and arent typical to causing malice. blame shitty amerilards and euroslims for being faggots who start shit.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.