[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo NX controller: Bonus Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
Let's get some shit straight here.
Yeah i made another NX Controller thread because this is not just about the controller it's self, But the fact that some of you faggots forget about the history we've dealt with in this same situation.

We go through this every time nintendo does something new with hardware.
They make something, or give something that's totally out of our normal comfortzone as people who videogames and you all lose your shit until you try it, And then the noise calms back down and then the next thing we start bitching about is the lack of software.
Which might not be a issue this time on launch.

Take two things into consideration you xbone/sony turds.
(1)The best example is the Wii U controller: Has a decent weight and feels pretty good in your hands after you use it for the first time.
The vast majority of people actually started to enjoy using very quickly. I personally love the ps4 controller, And i still enjoy the WiiU Tablet.

(2)There isin't just one dude working and testing out the design, Why the fuck do people still think this?: The people who design these controllers have to go through a fuck ton of designs and physical testing to make sure the controller is absolutely comfortable and does what it needs to for it's console.
Anyone who believes there is one individual person in charge of designing and developing a controller for Nintendo of all companies must also think that, Nintendo makes all of their shit in a cozy little company studio in the middle of fuck no where.

TLDR: The controller will more than likely be a nice change and will actually feel good to use.
Verdict: Your either a average faggot consumer, or understand this is average "New Nintendo Drama" that will disappear away after release.

Verdict: Everything will be okay.
>>
>>331796715
Nintendo is dead, drone.
>>
I'm asking as a Nintendo fan, why does everyone flip their shit as soon as a Nintendo "leak happens? Does this not happen with Sony or Microsoft?
>>
File: 1458591359093.gif (937 KB, 490x278) Image search: [Google]
1458591359093.gif
937 KB, 490x278
>>331796715
>>
>>331796715
>trusting nintendo
>a company that doesn't even have a trusty catchphrase

Nah dude.

I only trust companies that are truly for the players.
>>
>>331796876
No-one's expecting the PS5 to be anything other then a more powerful PS4. Same with the Xbox Two. Nintendo on the other hand went from game console to blue ocean wagglan to weird tablet, so people want to see what the fuck they do next.
>>
>>331796715
>Take two things into consideration you xbone/sony turds.
Oh my god you are trying so hard I feel bad for you.
>>
The market won't accept another gimmick. The Wii was and will be the only thing of its kind. The quintessential example of Nintendo being in the right place at the right time.

Screen cap this, if this NX controller leak is legit it's going to flop even harder than the Wii U. Every time Nintendo fucks up like this they lose relevance in the mainstream consumer's mind which is something Nintendo should be deathly afraid of. Coming back from that is going to be insanely hard if they insist on doing these dumb gimmicks again and again.
>>
>>331796715
R.I.P. NX

2016 - release
>>
File: aaaa.gif (11 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.gif
11 KB, 512x448
>>331797161
Yesw Xbox Two is an actual name possibility
>>
>>331796715
The wiimote wasn't a nice change.
The Wii U pad was at least going back to its roots despite the pointless gimmicky screen.
The NX controller is an abomination which comes from nintendo misreading the market.
>>
How the fuck does this controller work? What is it, 4 buttons? The whole things a touch screen? How will this work with multiplats?

Another gimmick that will scare off developers because its extra work.
>>
>>331797414
>The wiimote wasn't a nice change.

t. someone who has never used it

The Wiimote + nunchuck is the comfiest controller and pointer controls are the best thing to happen to console FPS ever.
>>
File: 1431412948442.jpg (138 KB, 594x395) Image search: [Google]
1431412948442.jpg
138 KB, 594x395
>>331797658
>The Wiimote + nunchuck is the comfiest controller and pointer controls are the best thing to happen to console FPS ever

you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>331797658
Op here
>>331798161
I agree with this, The Wii Mote is actually a good controller alone. But it feels dysfunctional as fuck sometimes for some games.
>>
>>331797658
>t. someone who has never used it
>
Literally everyone and their mom used a wiimote nigga.
It's a pointless waggling gimmick.
The only real decent games with it were either warioware tier minigames or things that needed the wiimote+ like skyward sword, everything else could be achieved with buttons.
Not to mention how it almost ruined the entire industry when sony and microsoft tried to copy them.

Seriously it brought nothing but harm.
>>
>>331796715
Um, Even the Wiimote had buttons. This thing is DOA. The very reason why people want home consoles and handhelds over mobile is for buttons. Nintendo has absolutely no idea what they are doing.
>>
>>331797552
It will be a screen that you can place into one of a few docks for different controller types.

So you could slide it into a dock that has a D pad and 4 buttons and use it similarily to the Wii U gamepad. You could also slide it into a lightgun dock and use it as a display for your ammo health ect. while you shoot shit in the screen. You would also be able to use its touch screen capabilities in game ie. slide your fingers up and down it to reload.

It would also be able to play all your digital handheld games using virtual buttons so you could play them on the go.

Source: My dad works for a time travel company and he got the NX for my birthday 3 years ago.
>>
God the NDF is out full force
>>
>>331797005
summary of the problem. retards who yap memes all day long.
>>
~The NX Controller - By Ken Levine~
>>
Buttons are scary to normie consumers. We must remove them. This is how we get the normie audience!
>>
>>331796715

You talk about the Wii U controller, but you fail to mention that most people DIDN'T LIKE IT. At least, they didn't like it enough to buy it. The worst thing Nintendo could do is exactly what they appear to have done: double down on the Wii U by making a controller EVEN MORE like a tablet.

Of course, the thing is much smaller, like a handheld, and that presents another problem: It's like Nintendo doesn't even realize the only people left buying their handhelds are people that DON'T WANT TABLET GAMING.
>>
>>331799096
Nintendo doesn't care about those people. Nintendo desperately wants to get the normie audience they lost with the Wii's death back. And they do not care about the people they have now because those people are not a sustainable market. 10 million neckbeards are not the future.
>>
File: possible NX controller 2.jpg (118 KB, 422x237) Image search: [Google]
possible NX controller 2.jpg
118 KB, 422x237
They just keep appearing. It's confirmed. Nintendo has gone full retard. I'd like to see them explain how this caters to the 'hardcore gamer.'
>>
>>331799613
What if this ends up being a revision for the Wii U? What if this weird controller has nothing to do with NX?
>>
>>331799779
It's nonstandard to the Wii U's specs. It needs to have the dpad and all the other buttons of a Wii U controller.
>>
>>331799882
shit, I didn't even notice there was no d-pad.
>>
>>331800109
I don't get how they're going to have support for old SNES and NES 2D platformers with this
>>
AYO SMASH DAT MAHFUKIN LYKE IF U A REAL NIGGA AND U RECOGNIZE THAT THE OLD GUARD AT NINTENDO IS LITERALLY KILLING THE COMPANY

Nintendo, like a lot of Japanese companies, places so much importance on the old farts who have been there forever. Guys like Miyamoto, Aonuma, they're so pathetically out of touch with what the modern world expects out of consumer electronics.

This is a cultural problem with Nintendo, they're not going to change anytime soon. They still think they can do another Wii by putting out garbage like this. The Wii was a once in a lifetime thing, no one will ever repeat what the Wii did commercially.

Nintendo will continue to become more and more irrelevant to casual gamers and younger demographics. What a dangerous position to be in when you're literally relying on people's nostalgia for when you used to be good to break even. Nintendo just doesn't fucking get it. I've been with them up until now but they've just become such a joke over the years.
>>
>>331800367
Maybe they aren't going to bother with the Virtual Console anymore. They've pretty much half-assed the VC the last 7 or 8 years anyway, so it wouldn't be too surprising to see them drop it entirely.
>>
>>331798585
you have to be pretty retarded to expect people to read that big of an opening post
>>
>all these people getting mad over the nintenphone
>they actually think it is the NX controller
>>
>>331797269

>ignores clearly articulated points

Thanks for your contribution turd

Thanks foe
>>
File: 1452106953033.gif (1 MB, 320x233) Image search: [Google]
1452106953033.gif
1 MB, 320x233
>>331800861
Just because they're articulated doesn't mean they're valid you faggot.
>>
>>331800732
speakers/mic are in the wrong place for that
>>
>>331800732
>analog sticks on a phone
I don't think so, Tim.
>>
>>331796715

Verdict: if it has no physical buttons it is trash.
>>
>>331801215
>press button
>game pauses and analog sticks recede into the phone
>answer call

They just havent gotten that far into development yet. This is still a very early model after all.
>>
>>331801564
>>press button
Nice joke. There are none
>>
>>331801981
Like I said not that far in development yet. Why have a button for a function that you havent even started on yet?
>>
>>331802152
You don't ship out working prototypes until the design is finalized. This is what the controller will look like.
>>
You like fucking lost all credibility trying to justify the wiiU controller.

As a Nintendo fan I was about to agree with you but this... not like this.
>>
>>331802675
There is literally nothing wrong about the Wii U controller, heck the motion controller integration to a normal controller should be the norm for FPS games.
>>
>>331804389
>heck the motion controller integration to a normal controller should be the norm for FPS games
It can be with the Steam controller, which doesn't cost $150 dollars and isn't required for the platform to work.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.