[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: pokken.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pokken.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
Which Pokémon fighter do you think is the most difficult to master overall?
>>
>>331790861
No idea.

>tfw you want to main Gengar but get bodied online in friendly matches pretty much constantly
>>
Gengar and Sceptile seem to have a lot going for them
>>
>>331790861
Sceptile and Weavile.
>>
Gardevoir, good Machamps (a lot of shit ones, but he's great), and asshole Mewtwos are top.

Mid is fennekin-2's gaylord tactics, suicune, and lucario

the rest have an overwhelming amount of shit players except for lucha pikachu, who could be anything from the worst to the best player you'll ever play
>>
>>331792362
Lucha is the best. He has no downsides and is simply the best at doing what he needs to do in a fight
>>
ONLY ROCKIN WITH PIKACHU LIBRE BROTHER!!!
>>
>>331792482
It's when I picked him up that I realized how fun and beautifully fast paced this game is. Seriously. The swiftness of it allows to comebacks out the ass. Every round has me on the edge of my seat. It's pure adrenaline, which is fighting games to their absolute core. I love it. It's a true fighting man's fighting game.

I just hope they add some free content in there. It's not necessary for me personally, as I know I'll only be playing online, but it would be nice as an overall supportive move.
>>
>>331792362
>>331790861
Blaziken has a lot of crazy combos.
Pikachu Libre has ludicrous potential.
Gengar looks tricky.
>>
Gengar and Sceptile are the most difficult to master. I'd say Shadow Mewtwo as well without his infinite.
>>
Charizard because he's fucking shit.
>>
>>331790861
>Which Pokémon fighter do you think is the most difficult to master overall?

my main is the hardest to master since its so intricate complex and fun while every other one is just lame and cheap for lameo nerds who hate genuine fun
>>
>>331790861
They're all easy compared to even Ryu in SF V but Gengar and Sceptile are probably the hardest. You'll still master them in at most 2 hours
>>
>>331793971
>They're all easy compared to even Ryu in SF V
I disagree. Blaziken is traditional fighting game character except he has some abilities that trade health for damage. He has some dial a combos but can also pull off some high execution shit that will amaze people.
>>
>>331794558
>I disagree
Good for you, I guess. The game is very very easy.

Blazikens isn't hard, he's just shit and a worse Lucario

And nothing in this game I have seen so far is hard execution wise, it's almost all easily timed juggles or anime style gattlings and cancerling into other moves.

Call me when any pokemon has 1f link BNBs
>>
>>331794746

Most fighting games don't even want 1 frame links anymore as its deemed unnecessary.
>>
>>331794945
I don't even have an issue with pokken, I like it, but it isn't super deep or complicated or has the difficulty of play and learning of other fighters. Even Ultimax and Rising thunder were more difficult.

And honestly I am glad about that. I don't need every fighter to be a difficult grind fest to git gud at. Nice to have one I can pick up and play and learn as I go along
>>
Off-topic question, would you recommend this game?
>>
Gardevoir

High skill character with not enough reward. She dosen't have the frame data to properly apply pressure like Suic or Chandy so you also have to rely on dashing out of Counter Attack Canceling and calm mind mix-ups to get the most out of her, her combo's can be aright but they setups are hard as fuck to get sometimes.
>>
>>331795873
How the fuck is that off-topic? Of course we'd recommend it. It's fun, balanced and easy to get into.
>>
>>331796228
>High skill

You're joking right? You can hit Gardevoir's skillcap just mashing buttons. He's a braindead zoner with none of the nuance of Braixen or Chandelure, and that's why he's so weak.
>>
File: 1404254028020.jpg (119 KB, 840x630) Image search: [Google]
1404254028020.jpg
119 KB, 840x630
>>331790861
Sceptile's not as powerful as other fighters, but playing him smart and tricky can reap dividends. Which is appropriate, really, because even in the main Pokemon games you have to be really good to make a Grass type provide benefit to your team against an opponent who isn't braindead.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.