[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the only right language to play Wither? English? Polish?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
What is the only right language to play Wither?
English? Polish? Other (your native)?

KURWA
>>
>>331782009
Polish voices with subs in your native language is the only correct answer.
Amerifat dubfag plebs need not apply.
>>
Always the original language.
>>
>>331782009
german, except if you are an untermensch and don't speak it, in which case I advise you to administer some Cyclon B
>>
>>331784069
german? you mean new-arabian?
>>
>>331782009
If you don't speak Polish, then English because you'll be able to appreciate the line delivery better and the difference in atmosphere in Skellige more.
>>
>>331784069
You kidding? German localizations are fucking awful. The whole country has like five voice actors who can do three voices between them.
>>
I'm russian and it's pretty common here to play it in russian, even among the crowd that generally plays/watches/whatever everything in original. Translation is surprisingly good and many "slavish" things look way more natural than they are done in english, also Geralt's voice is sexy as fuck, you can look it up on youtube.
>>
>>331782009
Polish with subs.
However, there's a thing. If you're not Polish, you're missing out about 95% references to Polish literature, culture, and folk in the game.
The rest 5% is American popculture they shoehorned, so US players didn't feel left out (like Tailor Durden in a fist-fight game).
>>
>>331784069
>german, except if you are an untermensch and don't speak it
>can't even spell Zyklon B
Embarrassing to be honest, untermensch
>>
>>331782009
Your native language. You lost alot of context when you're just reading subtitles. A lot is lost from the line delivery.
>>
>>331783524
I'm pretty sure english is the original language in this case.
>>
>>331787339
>polish devs
>polish book series
>slavic setting
>english is original

Dis nigga serious?
>>
>>331787571
Yes.
>>
what does kurwa even mean?
kurva means whore in my language
>>
>>331788452
means whore in polish too familia
>>
>>331788452
>>331788996
I thought it was bitch?
>>
>>331787571
He's right tho
>>
English unless you actually speak Polish.
>>
>>331789096
>bitch
don't know about polish, but in my language it's "kuja" (made playing FFIX hilarious to me as a child)
>>
Witcher english is very good.

It's like Metal Gear Solid. They put just as much if not more effort into English than Japanese.
>>
>>331787571
>polish devs
>polish book series
>slavic setting
>for English market
>>
>>331789583
>It's like Metal Gear Solid. They put [more] effort into English than Japanese.
This is the correct answer.
>>
>>331782009
>witcher 1
polish
>witcher 2 and 3
polish or english
>>
>>331782009
Japanese.

Sawashiro Miyuki makes everything 10 times better.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.