[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The division is the best new IP launch ever seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: wwm.png (602 KB, 1053x635) Image search: [Google]
wwm.png
602 KB, 1053x635
what went right?
>>
marketing
>>
Marketing
>>
>>331776595
nothing
>>
>>331776595
>Ubisoft says
>While giving us no actual numbers

The game will be dead by next month, just as planned.
>>
>>331776595
It's not a new ip though
>>
>>331776764
They already have their money.
>>
It's a continuing trend with ubisoft it seems
Most plebs still haven't figured out that Ubishit re-packages the same game over and over and slaps a $59.99+$29.99 tip price tag on it

Strong fist week sales, 90% drop off the next week and it's forgotten forever
>>
>>331776595
The embargo prevented reviewers from posting the reviews that'd steer people away from the game. Even IGN gave it an average score, that's how bad this game is.
>>
File: nah.jpg (101 KB, 627x658) Image search: [Google]
nah.jpg
101 KB, 627x658
>>331776595
>Ubisoft says
>>
>>331776873
>The Division isn't a new IP
>B-but muh clancy XD
Try harder nerd.
HE HAD TO DIE FOR THIS SHIT. RIP CLANCY ;_;
>>
>everything magically starts going right for Ubisoft after news that they're on the verge of being a hostile takeover victim hits
Funny how that works.
>>
>>331776595
Ubisoft has proven that Marketing is more important than Gameplay in the current market.
2007 was a mistake.
>>
>>331777793
>>331776764
They did disclose the sales numbers. The Division made 330 million dollars in 5 days. I believe that's 5 million more than Destiny in the same timeframe.
>>
>>331778557

5 millions of pure hype that is.

The most decent move from them should be leaving the Tom Clancy's name alone.
>>
>>331778023
I think they are pretty safe. Watch Dogs 2 will sell well. I can see Wildlands having similar success like The Division. AC will also sell well once it returns in 2017.

Honestly, as much as Ubisoft deserve the shit they get, I wouldn't want them to suffer a hostile takeover by Vivendi. I heard they are even more disgusting.
>>
>>331776595
>Tom Clancy's : X
>New IP

Cannot make this shit up.
>>
>>331778970
Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs; and symbols, names and images used in commerce.
>>
>>331779201
How exactly does a dead man create a new IP?
>>
>>331776595
First week sales don't imply shit. Because it's been hyped forever and of course everyone will buy it. Let's see the amount of people who still play it since day one as well as amount of returns
>>
>>331779490
What the fuck does that have to do with it? It's new ip and you're a retard for thinking otherwise. Regardless of how shitty the game is.
>>
>>331779946
I am still playing it :^)
>>
>>331780086
It would be a new IP if tom clancy was alive to write it.

Since tom clancy is dead, its just a derivation of tom clancy's work.

Its like trying to claim a work set in the Cthulhu mythos as a new IP.
>>
Marketing
>>
>>331780604
You cannot copyright idea's themselves. Even though The Division seems to be based off The Collapse, and they branded it with Tom Clancy's name, which they have rights to, The Division is still a new ip. It is a new game that is not a copy of any other and it is not a sequel to another. There is nothing about the game that prevents it from being a new IP in the video game industry. Tom clancy being alive to write it has nothing to do with it. The game would not be a new IP if it was named and completely based off of one of his books, regardless of whether he was alive or not. And even in that case, they are two completely different mediums, and Ubisoft would only face difficulties with infringement if they named it the same name as the book.
>>
>>331776595
The game is fun and I got my monies worth and am still playing it. So I guess what went right is that Massive made a pretty good game. Siege is really good too. People on here just don't like it because actively hating ubisoft is the popular thing to do. Not saying I like ubisoft much, but Massive did an alright job with the game. The game isn't going to be known as some spectacular spectacle, but it's just fun for what it is.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.