[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heroes of the West
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: HOTW.jpg (32 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
HOTW.jpg
32 KB, 460x215
The community mod Heroes of the West for Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm has been released on Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/440090/

Bringing the Western European front to the WW2 game, facing American and British forces off against the Germans on 4 maps.
>>
File: beach.jpg (463 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
beach.jpg
463 KB, 1920x1080
>Omaha Beach
Carentan
Port Brest
Oosterbeek
>>
rip the insurgency mod
>>
Does it show as its own "theater" in the Red Orchestra 2 server browser?
>>
>>331772460
It needs more maps

and better feeling gunplay because its insurgency. i like their m1 though
>>
>>331773608
this is the standalone release, but the workshop content version for ro has its own prefix for maps in the server browser. i forget what it is though sorry.
>>
>>331773827
How many players does the standalone version have online on average?
>>
>>331773872
Just dl'ing it now. I'm hoping its populated a bit more regularly than the other one has been.
>>
Neat. This'll give me a reason to redownload RO2
>>
I played this mod the other night, it was really fun. The only issue I had was the Carentan felt too short, they should add the marsh behind the village. Also, omaha beach needs a bit more balance for the Americans.

Otherwise it was really really good
>>
Anyone still play RO2, I play with my friend a few timse a week and it's definitely way more tense and fun than some modern shooters I've played
>>
>>331771752
So how does it compare to Darkest Hour?
>>
>>331774357
Yeah it's pretty populated still, though if you're east coast NA there's a limited choice of servers with good ping. Lots with decent/acceptable ping though.

Rising Storm hasn't been as populated when I've been looking for a game though. Which sucks because I prefer it but goddamn am I enthused for RS2.
>>
How's the balance?
>>
Did they get the RS American voice guy to do new lines?
>>
RO2 has mods?

Thank fuck, lord knows its devs won't update it again.
>>
Rising Storm 2 release when?
>>
>>331771752
Sweet, downloading now.

Looks great.
>>
>>331771752
Fucking FINALLY
>>
>Conflicting mod files

Im not subbed to anything on workshop anymore
>>
>Browning hi-power

Muh dick
>>
>there's exactly one that has players and it's full
>have to wait a bunch to get on a server
>have to download a bunch of crap when I do get in
>proceed to crash instantly as I manage to finally load in
>>
File: BritcucksR=.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
BritcucksR=.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>
>>331771752
>literally 0 servers

O-okay
>>
>>331778962
>hi-power
>fires something similar to a 9mm

I think the term had something to do with it's magazine size or something (Compared to a 6 shot revolver)
>>
>>331771752
>http://store.steampowered.com/app/440090/
>One positive review

Did this just come out?
>>
>>331782019
>Did this just come out?
>Release Date: March 23, 2016

Jee I don't know.

There was no store page while it was in beta so this is the first time it can have reviews.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.