[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Way of the Samurai 3 released on stream Also >Posting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: tmp_3423-wots3-1224811353.jpg (90 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3423-wots3-1224811353.jpg
90 KB, 460x215
>Way of the Samurai 3 released on stream

Also
>Posting from your ISP, IP range or country has been blocked due to abuse.
Thanks Japanese moot
>>
Is it bettuh than 4?
Will I miss any features introduced in 4?
>>
>>331769370
I haven't played it myself yet sadly.
They are doing the same shit with the DLCs though, by offering them separately.
>>
>Plus features not ported
>DLC for this old as fuck game
Fuck off Ghostlight. I'm not falling for this crap again. I'll buy it 75% off and pirate the DLC maybe.
>>
>>331769370
3 is very similar to 4, but it has a more serious tone. It reminds me a bit of 1, whereas 4 reminded me of 2. I like the story pathing a bit better than what was in 4 too, and the characters a little more down to Earth than the semi outlandish characters in 4.

This is just my opinion from having played the PS3 version back in the day.
>>
>>331769804
how's the combat?
>>
>>331769645
Weren't the Plus features just the DLC for the original game?
>>
>>331769916
Not even close.
>A new version of the game will be released for PS3 in Japan only as Way of the Samurai 3 Plus,[12] with additional content, including four more companions (Osei, Itsuse, Araragihime, and Sensei). This content will not be available in the English version of the game. Motion capture was digital and put into the game, each are based on the fighting techniques and movement. Motion capture was provided by Acquire Studios in Flint, Michigan.[13]
This shit won't be in this release. Some guy from the company said they were going to inquire Acquire about it but it sounded like bullcrap to contain the backlash to me. I'm surprised more people aren't calling them out for this & their DLC practices.
>>
>>331769860
feels better than 4. theres a parry mechanic that lets you chain instant kills on regular enemies and helps a lot against bosses/semi-bosses.
>>
>>331769860
Pretty identical to 4, and the rest of the series. Swords have movesets and stats ratings. Combat is a little more fluid from the PS2 games, but it's still a little wobbly. The game makes doing what you want fairly simple though.
>>
>>331769860
Ugh, my memory is bad. I think it was similar to 4. But I think I remember some special thing that would let you one hit kill enemies? Pls help
>>
I played WotS3, 3+ and 4 on PS3 and I can say for sure that 3/3+ are my favourite. The story is really cool, the overheat blade system and the instant kill counters are badass as fuck. I also got to be a beta tester for WoTS3 on PC and the build is pretty solid, no framedrops or glitches aside from some minigames not working but it got fixed pretty damn quick.
>>
im playing 4 an its a silly game

I mean its really a lot of mocap nonsense
>>
>>331770637
Thoughts on them skipping the plus content? Was it that much of an extra effort? Is it worth asking for it?
>>
>>331770153
Because they're small and niche so anything you hear about them, whether it's praise or hate, will be small and quiet.
>>
I got kind of stuck in 4 in a situation where I have to go get bolts at the docks and then I get attacked by a bunch of guys that are really easy and one guy that has so much health that I just don't even feel like playing anymore.
How am I supposed to tackle this? I'm legitimately doing hardly any fucking damage. I should probably have a better sword, but I haven't found any parts that could be used to make anything decent so far. This is a weird fucking game, but learning its weird mechanics is really fun.
>>
>>331771020
I was hoping that the plus content would've been added to the PC version of 3 but when I asked Ghostlight they said they couldn't get the licensing for the 3+ content, which is a real shame because it adds lots of nice stuff, but it's not the end of the world. I sunk hundreds of hours into 3 before I ever knew 3+ was a thing. I'm holding out hope that the 3+ content will one day be added in but I don't think it will. Maybe if there's enough voiced demand for it in the community hub for the game they may make another attempt to get the licensing to add it in.
>>
>>331771305

Gotta upgrade your sword bro.
Damage scaling is totally fucking whack, so you need to keep your sword powered up or some enemies will take literally 10 minutes to kill.
>>
>>331769370
3 felt shorter and less focused on the story but its been a while since I last played it. Pretty similar to 4
>>
>>331771519
3 does have a good story but it's not as intuitive to see it all, you have to visit the right places and talk to NPC's in a certain order to fully understand what's going on. It's got lots of different threads that tie together resulting in lots of cool endings. I feel 3 gave you much more freedom on how you wanted the story to unfold and what place you wanted to take in Amana
>>
File: file.png (267 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
file.png
267 KB, 500x281
>guroriusu nihongo geimu with 30FPS hard lock because ror pureisutetion

No thanks, I don't want to risk getting cancer, going bald, and being married to a transexual landwhale, stuck raising another man's kid.
>>
>>331771305
upgrade your sword or play on an easier difficulty
>>
>>331771305
>but I haven't found any parts that could be used to make anything decent so far
You know you can upgrade your sword, right?
The way to get a sword that'll carry you through all the sidequests and the true ending on Harakiri difficulty is to keep assembling and disassembling swords until you get parts which will let you make a sword with the Big Shot charm. The effect gets stronger if you get more of them, but just one charm is enough. Upgrade the sword to 2000 durability, and as close to 250 strength as you can get without going above it. Then grind the Kill 100 yakuza / government officials missions until you get 1000 kills with the sword. Appraise the sword at the blacksmith and select Oddity.
>>
>>331771357
Was there a lot of extra text? I want to know the real reason we're not getting it.
Well, I guess it'd be extra work even with no new text, considering they probably just ported the PAL PS3 version directly. But come on, if you're porting a game that's like 8 years old, at a least make it the most complete version. Who else charges for DLC for a game this old?
>>
>>331771998
the side quests that are added are fairly wordy but I don't read Japanese very well so I used a guide for most of the wordy bits so I could get the gist of what was happening. The additional romance quests have a fair chunk of dialogue added for each prospective new partner. I also read that the likeness of Sensei or something was copyrighted which made getting licensing more difficult but I couldn't find more about that so I'm not sure.
>>
>>331771945
>>331771479
>Gotta upgrade your sword bro.
>>331771973
>You know you can upgrade your sword, right?
I do, but it seemed pretty expensive and I wasn't sure which kind of upgrading I should be focusing on. I think I did upgrade and harden it a few times but I guess it wasn't enough.
Sadly I'm pretty sure I can't avoid this encounter unless I refuse to go get the bolts. I suppose that means my failure to manage my sword ended up impacting the story, which is pretty cool. If I can indeed refuse to go get them.
>>
>>331772394
Oh so then they decided to skip it because they're cheap fucks.
75% off it is for me.
>>
1 > 4 > 2 > 3
Couldn't even finish 3 when it came out. It was really just a crappy experience.
>>
>>331772685
>2 being above any of them
WotS2 fucking sucked
>>
>>331772571
I wouldn't say it's because they're cheap. I imagine getting licensing to release something previously unreleased in the west isn't as easy as we might think. Get it at 100% or 75% off either way, it's a fun game.
>>
>>331772498
I don't know if refusing to get the bolts will cancel the quest or just do nothing until you talk to the guy again, but you can probably go elsewhere and take a quest for the Consulate or the Prajnas. Or even go to sleep and skip this part.
>>
>>331772973
It's been a while, but if I remember correctly I can't actually go anywhere else because I saved in the foreign quarter and trying to go to an inn triggers the cutscene because it's on the way there. Maybe there's some way around, I don't remember exactly.
>>
>>331772942
Sounds like bull to me, they just didn't want to spend money translating the extra content and implementing these features into their PC version. They're so far behind the likes of XSEED in the sense that their stuff has the least amount of work possible.
>>
>>331773129
You can sleep outside, there's plenty of beds lying around. There's one in Little Britain under the tracks too.
>>
>>331773328
Oh shit, that's pretty useful.
>>
File: 1439158725529.jpg (99 KB, 886x702) Image search: [Google]
1439158725529.jpg
99 KB, 886x702
>>
File: 1438896906401.jpg (90 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1438896906401.jpg
90 KB, 600x600
>>
>>331771998
>I want to know the real reason we're not getting it.
licensing japanese performances for overseas release after the fact is a total clusterfuck and is the main reason more games don't have dual audio. in addition it sounds like the rights are split up between multiple companies on both sides of the pacific, which would make navigating the licensing ever harder (and more expensive).

but no they probably just didn't want to because theyre lazy
>>
I really liked 3 aside from all the rep grinding. Especially since I was so bad at hide and seek, half the time I was convinced that the quest item/npc decided not to spawn into the map at all.
>>
Is the original Japanese dev that mad 3 and 4 even in business?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.