[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ told me that this game sucked, you told me that Kojima was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Metal Gear Solid V.jpg (690 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear Solid V.jpg
690 KB, 1920x1080
/v/ told me that this game sucked, you told me that Kojima was a hack.
I went in with low expectations months after it released.
I was blown away.
What are some times that /v/ has lied to you?
>>
you're probably some faggot who is playing "mgs" for his first time
>>
>>331767837
Don't let /v/ decide your opinions for you.
You're a faggot and a cuck if you do that.
>>
>>331767837
You haven't played a quiet exit yet.
>>
>>331767837
/v/ only gives good advice on older games, the general consensus on new titles is usually just to shit on them to seem like they have some standards but they're just jaded retards.
>>
>>331767993
Pretty positive I've been playing the series longer than you and mgsv was fantastic, suck a dick.
>>
>>331767993
No, I'm not.
I'm taking the game on its own merits instead of assuming that it's going to be a retread of old ground, and it's great.
The story is kind of wonky, but the gameplay and presentation make up for it.
>>
File: 1420611517897.jpg (109 KB, 1024x569) Image search: [Google]
1420611517897.jpg
109 KB, 1024x569
>>331767837
>he enjoys playing poorly written, empty open world, unfinished video games
>>
>>331768214
>pretending to be OP
>im more of a fan than you!!!!!

Jesus christ shut up you twat.

>>331768272
fair enough, story was pure ass. total let down
>>
>>331767837
>What are some times that /v/ has lied to you?
Dark Souls 2 being good
Dishonored being bad
>>
>>331768128
Go
Back
To
Reddit

you fucking pleb
>>
>>331767837
I haven't beat the game but people seem to be complaining about the lack of closure in the story and that the open environment is pretty empty. Don't see much complaints about the gameplay
>>
>>331768509
Gameplay is pretty great, but there's not much to do with it since the environment is so barren and every enemy area is pretty much the same as the last.
>>
>>331768272
I'd bet money you haven't even reached the mid game yet
>>
>>331767837
going into any game with low expectations is probably the best way to have a good time with a lot of games
>>
>Remember MGSV
>Remember the first 2 missions.
>Narrative is tight, interesting and tense
>rescuing Miller is a really immersive first mission, extremely fun to spend over an hour on one mission
>game feels like a masterpiece
>rescue Miller, make it to the LZ and finish the mission
>Millers speech and the Diamond Dogs introduction
>After all that, go back to the missions in afghanistan
>....
>the same shit with a couple of highlights for the rest of the game
>over 70 hours of game time later, the "story" wraps up
>remember all that fucking grinding and autistic number fucking you did to get to the meaningless and boring ending

Most disappointing thing I have ever experienced in my fucking life.

If only the game had the drive it had for the first 3 hours
>>
>>331768509
Gameplay is more than just the core mechanics.
>>
File: 1448795917437.png (93 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1448795917437.png
93 KB, 240x240
>>331767837
I'm glad you enjoyed it but the game is almost offensively empty and very soulless for an MGS title.

Have fun playing it because the Mechanics are god-tier but don't try to tell me it's a good game so much as a functional game that could have been good.
>>
>>331768272
How far along are you in the game?
The mission structure shits the bed hard halfway through and made me not even finish it, despite having a lot of fun with the game
>>
File: playing MGSV.jpg (57 KB, 680x456) Image search: [Google]
playing MGSV.jpg
57 KB, 680x456
>>
IT'S FAR CRY 2 IN THIRD PERSON

>Boring empty world
>Repetitive gameplay
>Non-sensical, barebones plot
>Makes no sense in series chronology
>Unfinished
>>
>>331767837
>low expectations

Well there you go. If you go in expecting shit and you get piss then it's a good day.

MGSV isn't shit but it's not great either because it's repetitive as fuck and easy as fuck with some annoying design choices in terms of Motherbase and Africa and Afghanistan.

The game really has potential to be GOAT but for whatever reason it came out the way it did.
>>
Every fucking time.

I stopped listening to /v/ years ago. Just watch some gameplay, read some articles or something and make your own opinion.
>>
>>331768445
>You can tell I'm not a retard because I think new things are bad
Retards in a nutshell
>>
>>331767837
>MGS
>blown away

kek. Just like those shilll reviews giving it a 10/10

Fuck off OP
>>
I was having fun till after I killed Sahelanthropus.
Played a few missions after and I just wasn't into it anymore.
Was really fun the first few days but, now I rarely ever play it and it's usually just MGO cloak and dagger.
>>
>>331767837
>What are some times that /v/ has lied to you?

neo /v/ is pretty much coming here to be told what to like. the game was killer.
>>
>>331768784

Yeah. I was shocked to see the real lack of animals in those vast African fields. Either it was because the PS4 lacked memory for it, or devs were too lazy. Not to mention lacking the ability to shoot enemy walkie talkies. Blatant laziness right there.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.