[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RACHET AND CLANK NEW STORY TRAILER https://youtu.be/q5Mjz1R
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 102
File: RaC.jpg (124 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
RaC.jpg
124 KB, 1024x576
RACHET AND CLANK NEW STORY TRAILER

https://youtu.be/q5Mjz1RTfkU

Did Insomniac finally get their shit together? Looks great.
>>
File: 01923r32q0g3.jpg (78 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
01923r32q0g3.jpg
78 KB, 534x401
>>331761815
>BUZZBLADES
>AGAIN
>>
So is that the basis that they're going with for the movie? Are they completely rebooting the series? Why does ratchet have dreamworks sameface? Why doesn't he seem like the asshole we all know and love?
>>
>>331762218
It's a reboot yeah. And don't act like the plot for the first 3 games was that engaging.
>>
I hope it's good. The first game had the best atmosphere and soundtrack. The most recent soundtracks, and even the dialogue, have been generic dreamworks shit
>>
>>331762218
>Why doesn't he seem like the asshole we all know and love?
Ratchet was only an asshole in the first game.
>>
Based Insomniac. All I need now is for ND to bring back Crash and SP to do Sly 5. Unfortunately Activision holds the rights to Crash and SP passed the reigns to Senzaru (they aren't bad. Sly 4 was fun as hell but it was crippled by its flaws. Loading tines were fuck at times)
>>
File: what in the shit is this.png (320 KB, 714x544) Image search: [Google]
what in the shit is this.png
320 KB, 714x544
>>331762504
> Sly 5
>Sly 4 was fun as hell

I know what you said afterwards, but I just don't care anon. How low do you have to go to wish for a new sly game when fucking Sanzaru is in charge, some low tier scrap company who fucked up almost everything about it.
>>
>>331762218

The remake is being made because of the movie. If/when they do the next installment, it'll most likely take place after Nexus.

The movie/game is being told by Qwark and can be considered non-canon if you're triggered by the changes.
>>
>>331762309
It's not a reboot
>>
>>331762670
I played the Sly collection years later, and 4 is by far my favorite one.
>>
>>331762701
The plumber outright says "See you in the next reboot"
>>
>>331762741
You are absolute garbage, to the point where I can't tell if shit taste as great as yours exists or if you are just trying to irritate me for the (You)

Have it you absolute garbage anon.
>>
>record scratch

>>331761864
>Combuster
>Fusion Grenade
>Buzz Blades
>Mr. Zurkon
>Groovitron
>Predator Launcher
>Warmonger
Good ol' GADGETRON, am I right folks

>>331762356
>The most recent soundtracks have been generic dreamworks shit
That doesn't make any sense. The dialogue has definitely lowered in quality and increased in quantity though. This one may be even worse than Nexus.
>>
>>331762670
The only thing Sanzaru fucked up was the loading times and Carmelita not looking like her 2d rendition. Everything else was pretty much Sly Cooper as people know it with some iterative gameplay improvements.
>>
>>331762769
It's still not a reboot. It's a remake with slightly different story. If it were a reboot there'd be far more drastical changes to origin of characters (and looks) and shit, like in DmC.
>>
>>331761815
Ah tits, was that some squishy Nefarious there at the end?
>>
>>331762840
Not the same anon, but I never felt Sly 4 was as bas as everyone puts it.

2 is still the best, but the gameplay was still solid. People just give it shit because character design and Carmelita.

The only big problem for me were the loading and the final boss.
>>
>>331763108

Yes.
>>
>>331763108
Yes, he is part of the movie as well.

[sopiler]The stinger of the movie is the robo Nefarious we all love[/spoiler]
>>
>>331761815
The "coolness" and edge of the first game was part of the charm. Why did they throw it away just to be a wannabe Pixar?
>>
>>331762883
Groovitron I can forgive simply because it's kind of a weapon that fills a niche that can't be replicated.

then you have stuff like Mr Zurkon who is both ineffective and boring.

Also for some reason instead of remaking the Morph-o-Ray (chickens) they remade the Sheepinator from the second game.

I feel like at the very least all of the original weapons should have gotten a modern makeover. Bomb Glove and Blaster are kind of a standard easy to replace thing, fine. But the Suck Cannon, Tesla Claw should have definitely been remade. I think we get agents of doom though.
>>
>>331763309

Agents of Doom is confirmed.
>>
>>331763309
I just wish they'd go back to the old aesthetic style, where everything including the weapons was clunky and rusty, like a vision of the future from a few decades back. Future games were too "everything has to be shiny and chrome". It lost its edge.
>>
>have to pause to switch weapons
>platform mechanic designed around switching weapons frequently
No. Fuck you. You ruin everything.
>>
>>331763108
yes, in this REBOOT, Organic Nefarious is Drek's chief engineer.

I think ironically he uses the Sheepinator.
>>
>>331763429

Can't you use quick select any more?
>>
>>331763516
You can. That anon is lying out his ass.
>>
>>331763516
Quick select is totally a thing. I think you can set guns to the D-pad too.
>>
>>331763516

I think he's bitching about the game pausing when you use the Quick Select, which has been standard since forever.
>>
>>331763309
>No Suck Cannon

This one it's the one that hurts me the most. This was one of the signature weapons of the first game (it's in the darn cover!).

I'm still hyped but still...
>>
File: 1453003473557.jpg (28 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
1453003473557.jpg
28 KB, 219x230
>>331762901
>Phase based boss batles where you just dodge shit for a while and hit them when they allow you to instead of flowing combat ones
>Ancestor powers are only used for a couple specific missions and points on the map, otherwise, useless w3ith one exception
>All ancestors are either unlikeable and arrogant fucks or the 1 chill guy you couldn't fuck up
>The worst twist the franchise ever got, which completely ruins character, also having the worst boss in the game, which is saying something.
>Unmemorable music, awfull design on Murray, charge attacks being complete garbage, collectables are for the sake of just padding, same with most of the Grizz chapter with Bob adn trhe fuckign awfull rocky montage, backtracking to previous levels, Carmelita is now some arrogant bitch instead of a reasonable but still serious cop lady, vilain is just some fucking skunk who's daddy got outskilled my Sly's father, final boss being nothing but a QTE, ends on a cliffhanger when the game didn't get good sales even when they reduced the price to 40 bucks but ddin't even try to advertise it
>Nah, its just the carmelita redesign guys, otherwise game is good.

No anon. Game is flawed as fuck, has no memorable vilains, no neat things like the Snake shaped hideout in 2 or the dance at the saloon, the climatic fight at the temple, rescuing both your pals out of jail, doing jobs all around the world, sabotaging everything and making a neat plan, only to have it all crumble and just improvising on the spot, its all gone.

I hoped for the next sly 2, all I got was a botched imitation of what some half hack fuck thinks sly is good for. Its failed to deliver on what it could be, a good sequel, with memorable moments, that imrpoved on the predecessors.

This is a poor man's sly 2 anon.
>>
Actual new weapons they have:

Proton Drum (a placed orb that lets out electric pulses)
Pixelizer (A shotgun)

That's it
>>
>>331763258
How the fuck can you say they've thrown it away based on a cinematic trailer lol
>>
>>331763843
I don't think they're every confirmed every single weapon in the game.
>>
>>331763821
>unmemorable music
You had me with everything else, but the soundtrack of thieves in time is fucking godlike
>>
I always loved Ratchet and Clank but one thing always puzzled me: is Captain Qwark supposed to be a human or a generically humanoid looking alien?
>>
>>331764175
Post me some of the "best" then, cause I don't remember a single fucking track out of it.
>>
>>331763621
Also optional since forever.

>>331763843
And this is following Nexus, which was like 70% new weapons (and the reused ones all felt pretty different, e.g. the Warmonger).

>>331764073
Holocards in the preview build point to there being from 13 to 15 weapons + Omniwrench (don't remember the exact number), in which case we'd already know them all.
>>
>>331764073

The holocard sets imply that there's 16 weapons in the game (including the Bouncer), which fills out the Quick Select wheels.
>>
>>331764269

Humanoid Alien.
>>
Looks okay but what an obnoxious trailer
>>
>>331764362
>>331764439
Even if that's the case, did the holocards reveal all of the weapons in the game?
>>
>>331764269
Wasn't he just a humanoid alien? I'm pretty sure he only has 3 fingers.
>>
>>331761815
the generic rockpop is a little silly but it kind of works
>>
>>331764073
Known weapons:

Combuster (Blaster)
Fusion Bomb (Bomb Glove)
Warmonger (Devastator)
Pyro Blaster (Pyrocitor)
Sheepinator (Morph-o-ray)
Mr Zurkon
Buzzblades
Alpha Disruptor
Plasma Striker
Predator Launcher
Agents of Doom
Pixelizer (new)
Photon Drum (new)
a RYNO of some sort
Bouncer (preorder bonus)
>>
>>331764584
Well see that's why I was asking, he's only got 2 fingers + thumb and no visible ears under his outfit but I never knew if that was just cartoonish shorthand.
>>
>>331764570
No, the footage released so far did.
>Combuster
>Fusion Grenade
>Pyrocitor
>Agents of Doom
>Mr. Zurkon
>Groovitron
>Plasma Striker
>Pixelizer
>Proton Drum
>Predator Launcher
>Buzz Blades
>Warmonger
>RYNO
>Sheepinator
>Bouncer
and the Omniwrench. I think that's it?
>>
>>331762959
You mean exactly like in the new Rachet & Clank?
>>
>>331764546
uppost
>>
>>331764731
>Alpha Disruptor
>Plasma Striker
When did these get confirmed?
>>
>>331764732
Well Ratchet has 5 fingers so I assume actual humans would too. Though it could be argued that this is in the future and humans evolved with less digits or some shit.
>>
>>331764731
I think that's an okay line up.
Fucking bullshit pre-order crap though.
>>
>>331764731
>>331764792
You know at the very least I hope the upgraded versions are different than the original.

Like how the Lava gun changed to the Meteor Gun in RC2 (something nobody liked) but in RC3 it evolved into the Liquid Nitrogen Gun.

So the Buzzblades better not evolve into the doom blades and add poison. I want them to do something interesting.

>>331764986
Sony forced them to include a preorder bonus so they decided instead of taking an existing gun in the game and making it a preorder bonus, they took a gun from the second game instead.

>>331764939
I think Nefarious is shown wielding an alpha disruptor
>>
>>331764981
Qwark is just an alien species that isn't stated, that's all. There's a LOT of unnamed aliens in R&C.

I'm more surprised honestly that so much shit is compatible with Ratchet when Lombaxes aren't exactly a thing anymore and he's pretty much the only species with 5 fingered hands.
>>
>>331764050
Based on everything we've seen so far along with the Future games you muglet.
>>
>>331764798
It actually doesn't fuck up any character's origins at all (except for Nefarious, although you could just pretend the robotization made him forget about Ratchet and Clank), it just better contextualizes them considering the Future trilogy.
Also it's Qwark retelling the first game's events, so it's not meant to be 100% canon.

>>331764939
Plasma Striker from some Quick Select menu, Alpha Disruptor should be just a cameo. The Warmonger or similar, on the other hand, should be in IIRC.
>>
File: randc.jpg (368 KB, 1024x1517) Image search: [Google]
randc.jpg
368 KB, 1024x1517
>Replacing Kevin Michael Richardson as Drek for Paul Giammatti

For what purpose?
>>
>>331765779
Between that and adding pupils, Drek has been completely ruined.
>>
File: 1458751417493.jpg (40 KB, 367x408) Image search: [Google]
1458751417493.jpg
40 KB, 367x408
Anyone else no longer interested in the movie? Compared to Zootopia it just seems like a desperate attempt to salvage a half-baked Sony IP for the sake of trying to bank off nostalgia.
>>
File: angela_cross.png (1 MB, 1024x1664) Image search: [Google]
angela_cross.png
1 MB, 1024x1664
What happened to her /v/?
>>
The main bad thing about the remake is quarks buttchin is gone.
>>
>>331765895
That's just you.
>>
I don't even care that Nefarious was shoehorned into the original game because he's one of my favorite characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1a_hBeChQ4

INITIATE SUPER WAVEY FLASHBACK EFFECT
>>
>>331765908
retconned
>>
>>331765908
I dunno, I don't even know what she is.

Is she even a lombax or what?
>>
>>331765895
Eh. For me it just looks like a fun movie.

It's gonna be bodied by other animated movies like your pic related? Yes. But I always think people are now waiting too much on animated movies being either Disney or Pixar with powerful messages and theme or a plethora of Pop Culture like half of Dreamworks.

I just want a movie of fun space adventures, and this is exactly just that.
>>
>yfw the movie the games and the retcons are all linked to a tease about the great clock
>>
I'm really glad that while I'm a fan of the series I'm not an autist-tier savant who cares about shit like the weapons not being ones made by Gadgetron, so I'll likely actually enjoy the game.

Feels good to be a casual for once.
>>
>>331766073
She is. In Crack in Time one of the in-game radio broadcasts mentions that she disappears into a dimensional portal or something when on an adventure with Max Apogee. This is canon.
>>
>>331765895
I was never interested in the first place.

Seems boring really.
>>
>>331765456
In The first Rachet & Clank, Qwark was the bad guy and Nefarious only appeared in the third installment. Plus they got rid of Talwyn

That's definitely a reboot
>>
>>331765908
>>331766059
>>331766073
She's a Lombax.

If I remember right it's mentioned she fled into hiding during the events of the Future Trilogy
>>
>>331766073
She was confirmed a lombax even though the radio newscasters really questioned it like the fact that she doesn't have a tail and that she's way taller than Ratchet.

She fucked off to another dimension with Max Apogee.
>>
>>331765872
I know, it's terrible Paul's a great actor but so if Kevin and Kevin has a stronger voice. Not to mention it makes no sense from a marketing standpoint. This sin;t Eddie Murphy as Mushu or Robin Williams as the Genie. What kid gives a fuck about Paul Giamatti?
>>
>>331766285
I suppose the game after this will determine whatever it's a reboot or not.

Also the entire game is Qwark retellig the events and I don't think we know yet if it's Movie-Qwark or Original Games-Qwark.
>>
File: Cora.png (919 KB, 561x799) Image search: [Google]
Cora.png
919 KB, 561x799
>>331766285
Talwyn didn't appear until the future series. That being said they use another markazian who is in the Galactic rangers named Cora
>>
>>331764731
That's actually a pretty good looking lineup

Shame the Pyro Blaster's fire looks like shit though.
>>
>>331766231
>Max Apogee

Literally who?

I have to play through the Future series again.
>>
>>331766201
I think the issue is more that it's been the same fucking weapons since Tools of Destruction, anon. They do the job just fine (except for Zurkon), but many people got bored of them. But sure, autism and casuals.

>>331766073
She's canonically still a Lombax as of this game (as stated by her holocard), although IG haven't ruled out she may be retconned as something else if the plot called for it.
>>
>>331766049
Nefarious has always been the greatest. The VA easily can switch between hilarious crazy and actually threatening.
>>
>>331765872
You sound like the kind of autist who got upset by Sonic having blue arms when you mention the pupils, fyi
>>
>>331766507
Talwyn's disappeared Dad
>>
>>331766426
At the very least we know he's telling these events while in prison so at the very least he still gets arrested for treason or whatever.

>>331766543
I think the problem is less Angela being a lombax still and more the fact that being a lombax is important now so they'd have to completely redo her everything in the second game for when she's revealed to actually be a lombax.
>>
>>331766049
The radio soap opera always gets to me.

>Cousins Uncle Son
It took me years to understand that means. Rest of it is pure fucking gold.
>>
>>331765872
To be honest, the normal pupils no longer bother me anymore. Mostly cause it makes sense the movie would do so: Lifeless eyes while cool-looking can't really show as much expression as normal ones.

Not saying it couldn't have worked with them, but just that I see why they changed it.
>>
>>331766426
It's movie Qwark since the game is the film's adaptation
>>
Is it bad that the thing I'm most excited for if they continue remaking the games is the Deadlocked remake?

That game is still my favourite of the PS2 ones
>>
File: Juanita remake.jpg (144 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Juanita remake.jpg
144 KB, 400x400
>>331766775
The whole argument for adding pupils doesn't make sense because it's not like they're suddenly putting pupils on Clank.

But then again this robot chick that looks like Juanita has normal eyes instead of robot eyes. You can see her at 46 seconds.
>>
>>331766285
Qwark's still a bad guy here, didn't you see the trailer? He's just more of an asshole and less of an irredemable galaxy-destroying cunt, which flows better with the games from UYA onwards.
Nefarious's just Drek's lead scientist. He'll probably have his "accident" at the end of the game, so the only thing that's actually retconned are the vidcomics (which were fictional accounts anyway, so who knows what really happened) and Nefarious knowing about R&C before UYA.
Talwyn was introduced in the Future trilogy.
>>
>>331766459
That was my point, if I remember correctly Talwyn was the only one of her kind to be featured in the games. And that Cora never existed
>>
File: 1454958092803.jpg (69 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1454958092803.jpg
69 KB, 497x732
>>331764731
>Bouncer (preorder bonus)
WHAT
THE
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>331766692
>At the very least we know he's telling these events while in prison so at the very least he still gets arrested for treason or whatever.

This makes me think this may be set between the original and Going Commando (Before Qwark escaped prison and goes too Bogon to impersonate the Megacorp CEO) but given the guard designs and overall tone I feel it may be Movie-Qwark post movie.
>>
>>331766909
Oh god

I didn't give a fuck about the Drek change but fuck me ill be upset if that's Juanita's new design
>>
File: BouncerPreOrder.jpg (28 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
BouncerPreOrder.jpg
28 KB, 280x280
>>331766998
rev up that preorder

They didn't want to do it but Sony forced them to. so they added a new weapon instead of chopping an existing one off.
>>
is this canon or what?

What's the fucking point of this game? To advertise a shitty movie?
>>
>>331766947
Still didn't see this trailer yet since I'm at work but the film and the first trailer make Qwark a good guy when he wasn't
>>
>>331766998
Its how it is anon, they already removed Suckerpunch from Sly and gave it to Sanzaru, did you really think they wouldn't force them to give away something for a pre-order?

Thankfully, its the shiest weapon in the series, so no real harm. Still dickish on Sony though.
>>
>>331767103
Wait, what retailers are 'participating'?

I pre-ordered at gamestop in Ireland, am I in the clear?
>>
File: ArsenalCourtney.png (331 KB, 506x600) Image search: [Google]
ArsenalCourtney.png
331 KB, 506x600
>>331767101
She's still cute but normal eyes just don't work on robots.

They're supposed to have glass eyes with a single color and a kind of shading that emulates how pupils would work.
>>
Does anyone know if the European version will contain local voice acting?

The Dutch voice acting in ToD was pretty gppd
>>
>>331767232
They're doing an awful job with the preorder DLC this time around. Gamestop's probably your best bet alongside Amazon and PSN, but e.g. Italy at the moment only has the DLC available if you preorder on PSN, which is utter bullshit.

>>331767371
There's Arabic voice acting in it somehow, so you should be in the clear.
>>
>>331767869
It's because Sony are making a push in the middle east and other emerging markets.

They did the same thing with the late PS1/2 era, pretty much every game they made had five European languages at a minimum because they were trying to stake a claim there before their competitors did - and it worked fantastically.
>>
>>331767371
The french version is shit. They didn't even hire the original VA but some french YouTuber... that's a fucking shame
>>
>>331767371
The movie is coming to theatre, of course there is local va
>>
File: 239.jpg (34 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
239.jpg
34 KB, 500x494
>>331767278
I had almost forgotten where my robot/cyborg fetish came from, thanks anon.
>>
>>331770891
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-nZ7lmPl1A
>>
>>331762959
It's a soft reboot.
>>
File: Juanita_full.png (86 KB, 251x600) Image search: [Google]
Juanita_full.png
86 KB, 251x600
>>331770891
Juanita > Courtney Gears
>>
>>331762883
how do kids even know what records are anymore?
>>
>>331771030
>Directors cut

My sides.
>>
>>331767221
>Thankfully, its the shiest weapon in the series
I hope you didn't mean to say it's the shittest weapon in the series, anon.
>>
>>331772795
Alright then anon, which weapon is it? Cause the bouncer is damn bad.
>>
>>331773341
What an incredibly shitty opinion you have there. It's one of the best weapons in the series.
>>
>>331773447
Still ain't hearing a weapon more boring and shit than the volleyball launcher
>>
>>331773563
Hoverbomb Gun
>>
>>331773447
>>331772795
>shoot bouncer
>hope one of the balls hit an enemy
>shit range
>shit damage
>fps killer
>>
>>331761815
They just used the movie as a basis for how to shoot the trailer
>>
>>331762218
Yes the movie is the reboot, with the game being an adaptation of the movie. What's funny is that the trailer is in 60fps but the actual gameplay footage I've seen of the game already confirms that the game isn't going to be running at that.
>>
>>331773963
It's one of the best weapons for clearing out a mob of enemies. The little bouncers that pop out literally track the enemies and destroy everything.

This is honestly the first time I've seen people hate on the Bouncer on here.
>>
>>331773809
>Gun that allows you to blow up shit from afar is somehow worse than a overpriced as shit volleyball launcher that costed a fuckton and did mediocre damage.

No.
>>
>>331765895
I don't remember the last Sony Pictures movie that was good
Sony Pictures isn't the same as Sony Playstation
>>
>>331774292
>allows you to blow up shit from afar

Yeah as you stand still and wait for the incredibly slow bomb to reach the target, or you could just run in and destroy them all with the bouncer.
>>
>>331774292

>mediocre damage

The bouncer did stupidly high damage though. Even in the developer LP of GC they made a note about how OP the Bouncer was
>>
File: ratchet-and-clank-wallpaper.jpg (422 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
ratchet-and-clank-wallpaper.jpg
422 KB, 1600x1000
>>331766998
>>331767103
Who cares, Bouncer is a shit weapon anyways. I'm going to enjoy the fuck out of all of the other weapons, both new and returning!
>>
>>331774698

Bouncer was fantastic. And Future's flamethrower was trash.
>>
>>331774471
Or you could use any other weapon including a unleveled blaster and it would do the job just as fine. Upgraded it's actually p.good, never had a issue with the Hoverbomb, first person I hear bitching over it.

Or yknow, just use the Plasma Storm, which has better range, targets multiple enemies, is obtained sooner, and is cheaper.
>>331774519
Like I said, Plasma Storm does the job better in every way.
>>
>people thinking bouncer was shit

what the fuck is wrong with you people
>>
Reddit the game
>>
The target audience is 20+ years old who played the PS2 version?
>>
File: 1436090113856.png (43 KB, 444x287) Image search: [Google]
1436090113856.png
43 KB, 444x287
>>331767221

>Thankfully, its the shiest weapon in the series
>>
File: 1456360076542.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
1456360076542.png
461 KB, 870x722
>>331775494
you earned it slut muffin
>>
>>331775203
Because it's fucking shit you retarded shitlord.
>>
>>331774698
Is that the logging site level? Didn't think it would make it in the reboot.
>>
>>331776371

That's from Tools of Destruction. Eudora isn't in the remake.
>>
>>331776364
How?
>>
>>331776371
Why would the second level in the game not be in the reboot? Then again I fully expect the reboot to not have some shit from the first game because reasons.
>>
>>331776371
That's from Tools of Destruction, anon.
>>
What do you think the big breast Easter egg will look like in HD?
>>
>>331761815
This story trailer is part prerender and in game graphics but graphically i think is superior to uncharted 4.
>>
>>331776480
>>331776493
Oh woops. I liked that level, mainly because of the music.

>>331776489
They've cut some levels, and I don't think it's confirmed that Eudora is in it.
>>
>>331761815
It looks like a crack in time.
Good thing it's running at half the fps.
>>
>>331776625

It's safe to assume that Eudora, Batalia, and Oltanis (City) have been cut.
>>
>>331776891
Batalia is still in apparently.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1366x569) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1366x569
>>331777003
>>331776891
This is Batalia isn't it?
>>
>>331777135

Oh shit, it is in then.
>>
>>331777003

Unless it's been stated somewhere else, that night part in the E3 trailer was part of the intro before they get off Veldin.
>>
File: 79869876.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
79869876.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1080
>>331761815
that's a good ass trailer
>>
>>331776557
Well, it's a complete different style.
I don't think you can really compare cartoonish to realistic style.
>>
IT
LOOKS
TRASH

LOOK AT THOSE FUCKING CANNED ANIMATIONS
https://youtu.be/3N47T5ohi_g?t=5m44s

5m44s in case the time link didn't work
>>
>>331777251
>>331777135

whoops
>>
>>331776891
>no Oltanis

Is that the ruined city with the heavy storm? Fuck I loved that level.
>>
File: moviekidstheatre__oPt.jpg (27 KB, 450x560) Image search: [Google]
moviekidstheatre__oPt.jpg
27 KB, 450x560
>>331777319
WTF did they do to Sqid !???!
>>
>>331761815
They guys singing in the video is the same guy who sang Nuclear for Mike Oldfield
>>
File: Skid2.jpg (94 KB, 318x713) Image search: [Google]
Skid2.jpg
94 KB, 318x713
>>331777493

Changed his shirt?
>>
>>331777319
dropped hard
>>
I really wish they toned down the amount of dialogue, it sounds like it'll get annoying very quickly. Also all the button prompts feel really out of place. Still hoping for the best, the gameplay looks tight at least.
>>
that trailer just spoilt qwark turning evil
>>
>>331777908
and his face
>>
>>331775708
normies who have kids now I guess

>>331776480
>Eudora isn't in the remake.
FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>>331777319
>polygon
Can I get a different video?
>>
So i just played the First 3 Games, and i loved them played them so many times and Gladiator, any PS3 Ratchet and Clank games worth getting ?
>>
>>331778156
Anyone can tell that, even if they didn't play the original.
>>
File: MadBatter.gif (253 KB, 400x418) Image search: [Google]
MadBatter.gif
253 KB, 400x418
>>331761815
>Mr Zurkon
>For the 11th time

INSOMNIAC FUCK SAKE
>>
>>331778252
Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time are good.
Quest for Booty and Into the Nexus are short, but also good.

Ignore the others.
>>
File: American Politicians.jpg (41 KB, 638x319) Image search: [Google]
American Politicians.jpg
41 KB, 638x319
>>331778180
>Tiny ass nose
>Unfucked teeth
>Freckles
I guess they wanted to make him look less offensive to alien hippies
>>
>>331778252
Tools of Destruction
Quest for Booty
A Crack in Time
Nexus
>>
File: 1436409004037.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1436409004037.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>331777319
>reveiwer fucks up the sewer platforming
>still makes it to the end despite multiple fuckups
>has the hydro jet that early
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>331778252

Just avoid A4O and FFA
>>
File: 1392830471319.gif (2 MB, 305x229) Image search: [Google]
1392830471319.gif
2 MB, 305x229
>that one R&C game where the main fucking villian was the Quark fanboy from Going Commando
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 200x180
>>331761815
>dem graphics

Literally perfect

It looks exactly how I imagined all future games would be like when I was a kid
>>
File: Race_Girl.jpg (9 KB, 263x452) Image search: [Google]
Race_Girl.jpg
9 KB, 263x452
>>331777493
The hoverboard girl was changed too. Her name's Starlene now.

I don't have her updated picture but someone did have it. She's got way smaller facial features now.
>>
>>331778252
>>331778410
But be prepared, they drastically changed the vibes in those
>>
>>331778571

Which one was that?
Was it SAC? Didn't play that one. A4O maybe?
>>
>>331778571
That game had a fun multiplayer at least.

I remember getting into the early beta and it was surprisingly fun.
>>
>>331778271
>11th
6th
>>
>>331778571

>random GC NPC becomes an antagonist in FFA
>Thugs 4 Less in ITN
>Megacorp ads and weapons in the remake

someone likes GC
>>
>>331778470
Pretty sure the demo copy has them beefed up to alleviate fuck-ups.

But holy shit there's a lot I don't like about this. The Proton Drum effect looked like garbage, Ratchet might as well have been T-posing when the camera zoomed into Clank during the Skid conversation, and the Pyrociter flame looks like trash on top of being a fucking straight line.
>>
File: Zurgo_concept_art.png (1 MB, 1127x670) Image search: [Google]
Zurgo_concept_art.png
1 MB, 1127x670
>>331778571
>he became a bad guy upon finding out that Qwark was a sham and overall piece of shit

the Zim voice was pretty fitting too.
>>
>>331778705
Full Frontal Assault (QForce in UK)
>>
>>331778252

Don't expect the same tone. The gameplay's still there and still solid but the funky music and snarky writing is completely gone.
>>
File: Al_reboot.png (343 KB, 403x398) Image search: [Google]
Al_reboot.png
343 KB, 403x398
Did someone say "What did they do to ____ NPC?
>>
>>331778705
FFA
>>
>>331778852
Fucking shit
>>
>>331778852

Oh god he's so ugly.
>>
>>331778779
Well it is the best game in the series
>>
File: 1454303642208.jpg (364 KB, 936x779) Image search: [Google]
1454303642208.jpg
364 KB, 936x779
>>331778852
Al, what did they do you, man?

How bad is Helga?
>>
>>331778852

He'd be fine without the neckbeard
>>
>>331778852
>>331778649
>>331778180
>>331777254
The hype is slowly going down
>>
>>331778945

That's not 3
>>
>>331778470
The only thing I know that's a definite change is that Ratchet starts with the Swingshot and it's used in the opening on Veldin.

The obstacle course on Kerwan is instead run by the Galactic Rangers and as far as we know Helga doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>331779023
I don't think Helga even exists anymore
>>
File: 12123124515454.png (98 KB, 458x208) Image search: [Google]
12123124515454.png
98 KB, 458x208
>>331778945
That aint UYA
>>
File: marx.jpg (41 KB, 628x800) Image search: [Google]
marx.jpg
41 KB, 628x800
>>331778779
The Thugs returning was great and great for Nexus since it was the wrap up and closure of the series.

They should've called it "Into the Nether(regions)" though. Given how Insomniac name their games, cheevos and the comics.
>>
>>331779023
>Helga

Oh anon... she isn't confirmed yet. As of now she's not present at the training course
>>
File: oh jesus.jpg (15 KB, 320x237) Image search: [Google]
oh jesus.jpg
15 KB, 320x237
>>331778852
I actually screamed.
Why does he have such beady eyes? Why does he have Fred Flintstone stubble?
Where are his SHOES?
>>
>>331778852
Its fucking rule 63 Alphys
>>
>>331778852
honestly not that bad

going from ps2 graphics to this was always going to be jarring
>>
File: checked.jpg (36 KB, 517x357) Image search: [Google]
checked.jpg
36 KB, 517x357
>>331778852
>>
>that huge spoiler they put in the middle of the trailer
lolwut
Any R&C fan will know what the spoiler is.
>>
File: Carmack.png (402 KB, 469x498) Image search: [Google]
Carmack.png
402 KB, 469x498
>>331779147
>Given how Insomniac name their games, cheevos and the comics.

>Crack in Time was supposed to be "Clockblockers"

>All for one was supposed to be "Bro's before Foes""

Got saved as a Skill point and as a comic title though.
>>
>>331773563
My vote is for the judicator. Shoots 3 rockets but only 1 locks on. Misses unless you use it like a shot gun and is out damaged by a buzz saw gun.

Then again maybe I just really hate all the weapons in aCiT
>>
>>331779674
>Clockblockers
Is that serious
>>
>>331779674
There were several working titles for All 4 One including 4play, Bros B4 Foes and Multiple Organisms.
>>
>>331779798
I still want a game to use Multiple Organisms as a subtitle, that shit's fucking clever.
>>
>>331779660
The Snarklebeast? Well its not in context sooo...
>>
>Ratchet doesn't start out barefoot anymore
>Al is now barefoot

Dropped
>>
>>331779854
One of the comics use it as it's title
>>
>>331779775
Yes, also Nexus was supposed to be Into the Nether Region, Insomniac loved to put innuendos in titles
>>
File: hello ratchet.png (757 KB, 629x783) Image search: [Google]
hello ratchet.png
757 KB, 629x783
Would you hug Ratchet y/n
>>
>>331779798
Whoever comes up with these names needs a raise
>>
>>331779775
Yes. it was said in a press release.

other names for All 4 One were:

>Bros Before Foes
>4 Play
>Multiple Organisms
>Fearsome Foursome

But Sony wanted to target young audiences with the co-op approach. Two of those were salvaged into the comic tho.
>>
>>331778852
>>331779529
Looking at it, if he didn't have that stupid moustache whatever going on, Al's new design wouldn't be that terrible.
>>
File: 6y5on0F.png (79 KB, 4096x4096) Image search: [Google]
6y5on0F.png
79 KB, 4096x4096
>>331778852
>>331779381
>>
File: file.png (793 KB, 1094x1016) Image search: [Google]
file.png
793 KB, 1094x1016
>>331779984
Yes, Ratchet is too cute
>>
File: RYNO 5.jpg (76 KB, 855x479) Image search: [Google]
RYNO 5.jpg
76 KB, 855x479
>>331779680
>>331773563
>Basically a gatling gun that fires out the occasional missile
>if you want to hit anything with it you have to be at point blank

man fuck the RYNO 5. I guess it's hard to follow up after how OP the RYNO 4 was, which was to the point that its item description says it sucks the fun out of the game.
>>
>>331779856
Qwark boss fight
>>
>>331779854
Even if it isn't a canon title, Size matters is always good.
>>
File: 1457071987287.png (2 MB, 1131x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457071987287.png
2 MB, 1131x1200
>>331779775
>going commando
>up your arsenal
>size matters
>tools of destruction
>quest for booty
getting a picture here?
>>
>>331780048
They wanted to emphazise the neckbeardess of him in this version.

>He believes him and Cora have a "Will they Won't They" relationship going, in those words.
>He addresses her as "M'lady"

All they needed to complete him was giving him an actual fedora.
>>
>>331780172
>Full Frontal assault
>>
>>331773563
Dynamo of stupid controller gimmicks
>>
>>331779856

The Snagglebeast is fought at Nebula G34 now. Qwark betrays and is dealt with at Gemlik in the remake.
>>
does the ps4 also have all the ps3 ratcher & clank? i was thinking about getting one
>>
I thought Qwark doesn't betray you until R&C2?

Been awhile.
>>
>>331780172
Secret Agent Clank is also acronymed into SAC
>>
>>331780172
I'm french, except QFB and SM, none of them has the original title in here.
It's just 2, 3
And ToD, is named Operation Destruction

I only now get those joke.
I had an amazing childhood. American R&C fan had a really better one
>>
>>331780551
Nah. It has them though PSNow, but fuck that.
>>
>>331780582
In the original, he was working with Drek to stop anyone from stopping Drek
>>
>>331780582
Qwark betrays you in RC1
He's secretly a dude in disguise in RC2
He's generally incompetent in RC3
>>
>>331779856
I think he means the scene with Quark fighting Ratchet
>>
>>331780582

In the original, he was working with/for Drek and tries to kill Ratchet and Clank so he can keep his job.

In the remake, he isn't working with Drek but begins to dislike Ratchet since he's stealing the spotlight. He betrays him later on and gets thrown into jail. The events of the game are being told by Qwark to his cellmates.
>>
>>331780675
sorry man, i don't know what that is can you explain?
>>
>>331780961
Wow that's quite a changed story.
>>
>>331780961
It's gonna be the same Jail from ToD they have referenced so many times after isn't it?
>>
>>331781146
Zordoom ?
>>
>>331781059
It's an overpriced streaming service. You rent games.
>>
>>331780736
>He's generally incompetent in RC3
his plans actually work out though
he was a good leader for the Q-force
he had a moment of cowardice, but he was still a hero in the end
>>
>>331780961
literally Dedede
>>
>>331781292
oh fuck that
>>
>>331781340

t. Copernicus
>>
Holy Fuck why does every good series have to be 're-booted' ??

I still remember the old commercials for the original PS2 games

Now it's some generic super serious pixar film... oh it ACTUALLY HAS A FUCKING MOVIE

Is this really Insomniac? REALLY?
>>
>>331781437
Naughty Dog led they astray again
>>
So if another R&C comes out, will it be R&C 2 remaster/reboot?

Or continue after R&C Into the Nexus?

Or just a new thing in the reboot series?
>>
File: 1446712104968.jpg (56 KB, 585x682) Image search: [Google]
1446712104968.jpg
56 KB, 585x682
>>331781437

>super serious
>>
>>331781437
Hey, they don't have a choice, Sony owns them mate, do you think they would want this shit, to make preorder bonuses and such?

Hell, do you think Suckerpunch just wants to make Infamous forever and doesn't hate Sony for butchering Sly 4 by giving it away to some scrap level company?

Wake up mate, this ain't done by their volition.
>>
>>331781640
>Sony owns them mate,
No they don't.
>>
>>331781640
but that's exactly what Suckerpunch wanted to do,
they gave up Sly in order to do Second Son
>>
>>331781585
I can see them remaking the first 3 games but a remake of the future series is unnecessary.

RC2: Re-write Angela's lombaxness to actually be a plot relevant
RC3: Nefarious getting revenge on Ratchet I guess
>>
>>331781720
Woops, guess Im wrong then.

I believe they still forced the pre-order bullshit though.
>>
>>331764050

>cinematic trailer
>R&C
>CINEMATIC
>TRAILER
>>
>>331779680
Judicator is a fantastic weapon against bigger enemies like bosses, though. It was my go-to weapon for all the gladiator arena matches.
>>
>>331781847
>RC2: Re-write Angela's lombaxness to actually be a plot relevant
>Angela love triangle because she is also a Lombax
She was always best girl.
>>
>>331781267
>>331781146
It isn't. Zordoom is mentioned but as a precious jail the character Shiv Helix (the guy who Qwark is telling the story to) claims to have endured. They are in a nameless prison in Kerwan
>>
>>331781640
>>331781720
Sony owns Ratchet, not Insomniac.
Maybe IG wanted to make a new Ratchet, but to do so, Sony said "ok, you'll also make a movie, for a larger audiance, and make a preorder bonus"

(not so)fun fact, Ratchet's french voice actor of the movie will be french Pewdiepie. Thanks Sony
>>
>>331763309
They confirmed years ago that Zurkon is one of their most popular gadgets, hence why they keep bringing it back. They're attached to it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 102

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.