[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autistic Denial: The Truth Edition graphics do matter DLC is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 298x169
Autistic Denial: The Truth Edition

graphics do matter
DLC is a good thing
story is not important
waifu simulators are complete trash
>>
>>331756737
2 of those things are true
>>
>>331757271

All of them are true. It's time to stop the denial.
>>
>story the entire reason you are playing is not important
you're delusional
>>
>>331756737
>story is not important

6/10 bait
>>
>>331757464

Kind of hard to care about vidya stories when you watch a lot of movies and read books and game stories end up being shallow pieces of shit in comparison.
>>
>>331757761
Everything in the game that can communicate something is an element of storytelling. You value story even when you don't know that you do, and it more than anything dictates whether the game appeals to you or not.
>>
>>331756737
1 is false.
2 is mostly false
3 is mostly true
4 is mostly true
>>
>>331756737
>waifu simulators are complete trash

Well , that really depends on your point of view, doesn't it?

You could argue that grand strats are tedious spreadsheet simulators, yet there are people who enjoy that kind of thing.

It's really unfair to judge a game if you're not its intended audience.
>>
>>331756737
>graphics
They do matter. The game should look good. But that doesn't mean it should be demanding on the GPU.
>DLC
Back in the day, those were called expansions.
>story
As long as the gameplay and mission design is good
>waifu shit
True
>>
>story is not important
Depends on game.
>>
>>331756737
>graphics do matter
Depends on the genre and what the game sets out to do
>DLC is a good thing
Depends on pricing and if it's cut out content or not.
>story is not important
Depends on the genre and what the game sets out to do
Anything can be trash depending on tastes.

It's just retarded to think that anything applies to every single genre and game.
>>
>>331756737
yes, you clearly are in denial with those opinions.
>>
>>331756737
>Autism: the OP
>>
>DLC
>good

I remember when costumes were things you unlocked by playing the game and not paying an extra 10 dollars for them

I remember when games came out as complete games.

I remember when games didn't have multiple season passes.
>>
>>331756737
>graphics do matter
This is true. Not necessarily in the amount of polys the game's models have or how much AA or whatever, but if the visual style is appealing or not. It doesn't make or break a game, but it does heavily effect enjoyment.

>DLC is a good thing
On paper it's great, but the modern practices of distributing it is not. Cutting content out of a game to resell it for more money, micro-transactions, and season passes are all generally bad practice and are hurting the industry.

>story is not important
This really depends on the kind of game. In something like DMC, I couldn't really give less of a shit, but in a roleplaying game like New Vegas, most of the enjoyment comes from the writing and story.
Not in just reading and watching the NPCs talk, mind you, but the ways you can interact with and change the story to your choosing.

If waifus are the only redeeming quality about the game, you are 100% correct. Waifubait characters are as bad as mary sues with how easy they are to write and shit out.
I have no issues with having a pure and decent waifu, but you also gotta except that a waifu simulator literally slaps all the generic waifu archetypes (tsundere, ojou-sama, deredere, etc) on OC designs and calls it a day.
>>
>>331756737
The only thing I agree with is your last point. Either way kys my man.
>>
>>331756737
Is it that you are in denial about your autism and hence you think opinions can be objectively true?
>>
File: 1424937106284.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1424937106284.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>331757761
>>
>>331757307
I've got an uncomfortable truth for you Anon. Video Games don't matter.
>>
File: 1458147120140.jpg (62 KB, 549x549) Image search: [Google]
1458147120140.jpg
62 KB, 549x549
>>331756737
Autistic Denial: The Truth Edition: The Movie: The Game: Premium Edition

This thread doesn't matter
OP is a faggot
You are not important
Your opinions are complete trash
>>
>>331762656

100% agree, sorry OP.
>>
>>331761795
>On paper it's great, but the modern practices of distributing it is not. Cutting content out of a game to resell it for more money, micro-transactions, and season passes are all generally bad practice and are hurting the industry.
The oldest DLC I'm aware of is the horse armor for Oblivion, and I think that really says it all: DLC started in the gutter, and it's wallowed there ever since.
>>
>>331756737
Art direction and frame rate matter.
>>
>>331764556
>The oldest DLC I'm aware of is the horse armor for Oblivion, and I think that really says it all: DLC started in the gutter, and it's wallowed there ever since.

Oblivion had its fair share of shit DLC, and you were better off downloading mods for the kind of content they provided, but it also had some great stuff.

Shivering Isles stands out as particularly great, but my favorite one be kind was the quest to get Mehrune's Razor.

Dark Souls 1 stands out to me as having my favorite DLC ever with Artorias. It's lore friendly, added new areas and enemies with a different visual style from the old ones, great bosses, and interacts with the base game in an awesome way.

Sure, it broke the PvP quite a bit, but on the whole it was awesome.

Good DLC does exist, but only if it's done right.
>>
>>331756737
hola reddit
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.