[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did they deserve such a cruel fate /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: wii_u_iwata.jpg (240 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
wii_u_iwata.jpg
240 KB, 960x720
Did they deserve such a cruel fate /v/?
>>
Seeing as it is entirely Nintendo's own fault. Yes.
>>
>>331751012
Bad products deserve to fail. As for Iwata, no one deserves to slowly die from cancer like that.
>>
>>331751012
Nintendo's last good system was the GameCube. Wii and Wii U were both underpowered shit that shouldn't have done nearly as "well" as they did.
>>
>>331751012
Yes.

They did it to themselves.

Don't make gimmicky shit that's more expensive than the competition but can't play the same games.
>>
>>331751012
Use a fucking tie for Christ's sake
>>
File: 1458650804037.jpg (70 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
1458650804037.jpg
70 KB, 618x564
>>331751330
Ties are an abomination
>>
File: kek.jpg (174 KB, 1011x900) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
174 KB, 1011x900
>>331751149
>>331751219
>>331751303
>>331751326
>>331751330
I just kek when I read those and then look at the sales charts
You apes don't even understand how running a company works
>>
>>331751303
Who cares about the power. The problem was that they didn't bother making more than five good games. Games only started coming out in its last year. A system can be the most powerful in the market, and it would still be a failure without games.
>>
They need to stop with the gimmicks. But they won't. NX is going to have another retarded controller.
>>
>>331751423
Yeah, that Wii U doing so well...
>>
>>331751012
What cruel fate? The Wii U ceasing production? You realize that that's generally how this works, right? Not always stopping production before the launch of the new hardware, but eventually the old hardware ceases to be made and only the new hardware exists. Do you think there's still a factory in Japan pumping out Famicoms? No, of course not.
>>
>>331751330
It's not 1980 anymore, gramps. Nobody wears ties anymore except politicians.
>>
>>331751590
>What cruel fate? The Wii U ceasing production?

Well no I mean the shit sales, no games, gimmicks, and shitty specs.
>>
>>331751506
All they need to do is make games, but they don'tu understand that

After I bought my Wii U it just withered away for months until another game released, and after some days the same thing over again

With the gamecube I never had such a downtime
>>
>>331751657
but I have a lot of games on my Wii U. As far as the specs go, it's only shitty compared to current-gen consoles. The Wii U isn't a current-gen console, it's a 7th gen console, and by those standards its specs are pretty great.
>>
>>331751758
>The Wii U isn't a current-gen console, it's a 7th gen console
Generations are based on when they're released, not by power. Why do you retards keep messing this up?
>>
>>331751758
>but I have a lot of games on my Wii U

That's good but getting there was painful. Game droughts out the ass and the first year was literally nothing.

You need to understand a console is not based off what it has during the end of its lifetime but how it got there.
>>
>>331751757
the problem was never it not having enough Nintendo games. The problem is that all it have is Nintendo games.
>>
>>331751880
Oh I don't disagree with the drought being fucking awful. I got my Wii U about a week after launch, and after playing with it for about 4 days it just sat on my entertainment center for almost a year before I even turned it on again. That kind of shit should never happen.
>>
they could fix it, but no, they're abandoning it instead. They could lower the price drastically, include the pro controller with it and start releasing lots of games. make the gamepad just for navigation and playing on the go and stop making games require it.
>>
File: 1453227003591.png (1 MB, 1280x792) Image search: [Google]
1453227003591.png
1 MB, 1280x792
>>331751012
I would say yes because their marketing is just absolutely pathetic, they are completely out of touch with reality.

BUT considering how well the PS4 sells which is a useless piece of shit which only exists to play PC games at bad graphics and with worse graphics... No, they deserve better.
>>
>>331751521
So is amiibo, the 3DS and even both systems games
>>
>>331751859
Because it just isn't the case for Nintendo. Look at what they're doing with the NX, it's coming out in the middle of a console cycle. Nintendo doesn't play by the console generation rules. Wii U is a 7th gen console in everything but release date- It was their first HD console, it was their first console to take a crack at real online support, and aside from the amount of RAM, its specs are pretty in line with 7th gen hardware.
>>
>>331752117
>at bad graphics
FPS*
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.