[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game/the series in general? I started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (29 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
29 KB, 460x215
What does /v/ think of this game/the series in general?

I started it a couple of years back after never having tried it and never finished but just started playing again on PC with the PS3 textures and silky smooth 144FPS.

I'm approaching the end of the game, just in the abattoir now trying to stop the Americans' executions. Is Chaos Theory really that good?
>>
>>331746421
Chaos Theory is the best one.
>>
>>331746596

Really solid in co-op as well
>>
>>331746421

Chaos Theory is the worst one.
>>
>>331746805
2/10 made me reply
apply yourself
>>
>>331746840

I'm glad they got rid of Ironsides. He was pretty overrated desu.
>>
File: 1423815340943.jpg (78 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1423815340943.jpg
78 KB, 720x404
>>331746939
>>
>>331746421
You might not realize just how good Chaos Theory is compared to the other two games if you play it immediately after playing them. I know the anticipation and those first few gameplay videos from CT back in the day really blew me away.

But Chaos Theory has excellent level design, atmosphere, gameplay, god tier original soundtrack by Amon Tobin. For their time the graphics were really great as well, I'm still enjoying the way they made the water look, how it soaks the suit, etc.

A childhood defining series of games for me right here.
>>
>>331747079
I replayed CT last week and finished it and goddamn it's such a good game. Even by today's standards the graphics are definitely passable and the level design is, as you said, excellent.

Was really disappointed when I reinstalled Double Agent after finishing CT
>>
I played Double Agent on 360 back at release, was the only one I played until I started Splinter Cell proper recently. Are there version differences? Which one is the best?
>>
>>331747231
I hear the xbox version of double agent is way better. Ive heard so many negative things about the PC version that I never even played it.
>>
Nobody ever wanted to play co-op with me ;_;
>>
>>331747503
I never played any SC on console so I can't tell you which version is better
>>
>>331747520
I miss CT Spies vs Mercs. Nothing like joining a 'mercs get nothing but flashlight' game and dominating those Spy fuccbois.
>>
You faggots who think that chaostheory is some fuckng masterpiece are retard nostalgiafags and need to choke on a bag of dicks
>>
>>331746421
>people still consider play this kind of stealth games
Tank you jesus
>>
>>331747231
>>331747382
>>331747503
Yeah, the 6th gen version and 7th gen version of Double Agent are two completely different games. And, the 6th gen version is indeed better.
>>
>>331747382
The PS2 version of Double Agent is different from the 360 version. Some say the PS2 version is the definitive version because it's more in line with the older games. I played them both and enjoyed them both but I must say the PS2 version is really the better option. Also the PS2 version of Chaos Theory is downgraded from PC/Xbox with a slightly different level design. It's nice to play them both to see how each version works. The other games are all the same. Don't forget that SC1 had a bonus disc on Xbox and I think it got the content on the PC as well as a patch.
>>
>>331748642
It had the best to offer before the train started to go south.
Same as thief with deadly shadows. it took like 10 years to fix that motherfucker.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.