[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star fox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: CeOzNcbXEAALGsT.jpg large.jpg (217 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
CeOzNcbXEAALGsT.jpg large.jpg
217 KB, 1000x707
seeing this i wonder, its starfox command any good? its probably the most obscure and unknown in the series
>>
The fact that I played it and don't remember a thing about it says it was not very good.
>>
STAIRFAX TEMPERATURES
>>
It's one of those games that's so bad that people would rather forget it exists.
>>
Eh, it's ok. It gets boring extremely fast though.
>>
Starfox was only good on the SNES and 64. Every game after that has been 'meh' at best and so atrociously bad that people wish they could forget.

Command is the latter.
>>
>>331746218

forgot the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUm3FiTx7zA
>>
It wasn't as bad as everyone says. The turn based strategy parts were interesting and I enjoyed the "choose your own adventure" type of story.
>>
Star Fox is a mediocre series.
>>
>>331747134
>>331747402

the new footage from Zero looks cool
>>
It's bad. It's so mediocre, the game is just dogfights and it doesnt work at all. Its not fun. Theres nothing particularly original or notable about it. Every starfox game did everything it does much better. The only good thing about the game is Fox's son.

And the series is pretty much mehdiocre, except for SNES and 64, which arent even that good.
>>
How is star fox 643d? I'm getting a 3ds this week and wanted to pick it up cause it's pretty cheap. But is there anything new in it? How is the 3d? If it's just a straight up port I can just plug in my n64 instead.
>>
>>331747574
Awful. They ruined Andross. They ruined the already bad Voice Acting. The updated enviroments look worse somehow.

It's a travesty.
>>
>>331747651
Really? I didn't know they touched the graphics or va. What happened to andross? Is he not a spaghetti brain man now?
>>
>>331747651
>>331747742

Yeah they really did fuck them up. One of my favorite parts of 64 was the "dieselpunk" aesthetic. Everything looks like New Super Mario Bros. in 3D.

Seems to be the case with Zero as well but its a new game so I can be more forgiving.
>>
File: 1419742461226.jpg (134 KB, 828x720) Image search: [Google]
1419742461226.jpg
134 KB, 828x720
>>331747854

>dieselpunk
>Star Fox 64

wat
>>
>>331747742
>>331747742
His laugh was a big deal, apparently. He still has the animation of that super long weird laugh from 64, but the VA just went "he he" for a split second so the animation plays out to nothing.

On top of that, Andross was terrifying because of the 64's graphics, now he just looks like a space monkey head. He's underwhelming, basically.

Not to mention the game is actually slower. Seriously, if people say Zero isn't slow as fuck, look at Venom in 64 then Venom in 643D then Zero.
>>
File: 1457996901907.jpg (138 KB, 1133x1280) Image search: [Google]
1457996901907.jpg
138 KB, 1133x1280
>>331746218
For what it's worth I picked up command recently and loved it; it's repetitive, but fun.
You can also change all the "Voice acting" to whatever you want, so I made all the characters say "Butt" 24/7.
>>
>>331746218
>>331747134
you know what i hate about Star Fox games?
Why is it always so railroaded. why can't you fly around the way you want like in the Star Wars Rouge Squadron games?

Star Fox is like Gradius in 3D, which is very dated.
>>
The only thing I remember about it is the hilarious fanfiction.net tier endings
>>
>>331749368

Because it's a rail shooter not a space combat sim
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lo0dsmZ2oM
>dat german dub
funny as hell
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.