[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /v/ feel about No Man's Sky?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
File: received_1837776886363360.jpg (46 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
received_1837776886363360.jpg
46 KB, 581x542
How does /v/ feel about No Man's Sky?
>>
It either will be the best sandbox game ever made or glorified walking simulator in either case it will be enjoyable the question is for how long.
>>
>>331744702
There is sprint BTW.
>>
>>331744604
I'm surprised that I ended up with more hope for it than Star Citizen. I haven't seen enough to really know though. I've seen:

>FUCKHUEG galaxy!
>Crazy-colored plants
>Dinosaurs and shit
>Blowing shit up with a laser to collect resources for... something I guess
>GTA-style wanted level with robots?

I can't tell what to think yet
>>
>>331744604
WOWW!!! THE WORLD IS REALLY BIG SO IT MUST BE EEEPIICCCCLY GOOOOOOOODD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
My biggest concerns:

No fall damage. So no real sense of height or vertical exploration.

Space police arrive if you 'misbehave'. This could kill the fucking game to bits. It's meant to be about exploring a huge galaxy and stepping into the unknown. If space police show up every time you shoot a tree that completely negates that conceit.
>>
I am still not really fond of the whole pseudo-multiplayer thing it has going.
It just makes it feel is if they wanted it to be a MMO or something but then realised how impossible that was for their game so they settled for making it a fake multiplayer game instead
>>
>>331745987
Can you kill the space police? Then I'm sold
>>
I haven't had much time to game this year and, I'm afraid to say, I'm not really missing it.

I've set my hopes on No Man's Sky to rekindle my interest and I really hope this is the one. That one game that actually delivers on its big promises.
>>
>>331746071
This is the most retarded post I read today
>>
>>331744604
I can see a few memes being produced, thats all I really care about tbqhf xP
>>
>>331746136

yeah
>>
I still don't know what it is that you do in this game. I hate the fact that you're unable to really 'play together'. It's something that I was hoping for.

Also, dislike that people treat it as the 'biggest' game there is. It isn't difficult to create a game at this scale when you're randomly generating terrain. around 10 people working on this
>>
>>331746136
>shoot gun
>space police show up
>kill them
>more show up
>kill them
>more show up
>kill them
>goty
>>
>>331745987
>>331746136
Yes you can kill them so it actually gives you something to do. It's kind of like GTA though where killing them will cause more stronger ones to come. Eventually you'll have to bail off the planet for awhile.

The sentinels also supposedly aren't on every world. Not every world is completely unexplored. Think of it being more like when Europeans were coming over to the Americas. They knew there was a shit load of land there they hadn't explored but they were more concerned with setting up a settlement they could make money off of. You'll see the same thing with factories and robots already being on some planets even though they are largely undeveloped.

They've been really vague how much of a presence the space cops will have outside these more populated worlds. I would actually really like it if they had a large presence near the starting point but as you get closer to the center of the universe it gets more lawless.
>>
>>331746248
how it is retarded it has a stupid system to interact with other players when it is not needed at all and shouldn't even be in the game
>you can discover new planets and animals and shit that no other player has seen and name them so that if another player finds them they will be called whatever you put down
>its possible to make a species extinct for all players
>your actions affect the entire universe for all players
>but you will NEVER see or play with another player because it isn't actually a multiplayer game
>>
>>331746858
Right? What don't you like about that?
>>
>>331746858

It's still a Multiplayer game.
>>
>>331746985
No it's not dude. If you mean there is a multiplayer aspect that this poster isn't mentioning you are wrong.
>>
>>331744604
Great idea ruined by misdirection
>>
>>331747034

It's literally a Multiplayer game.

But I find it to be frustrating that I'm never going to see any one.
>>
>>331746858
>>its possible to make a species extinct for all players
>>your actions affect the entire universe for all players
No you cant. All worlds and animals are seeded again and you cant change that seed no matter what you do

If you visit location X and blow everything up, the moment you return it gets remade, as it does for every player there.
>>
>>331747083
You can consider it a multiplayer game if you want but there is no concurrent multiplayer which is what most people consider multiplayer.

The devs even disagree with you. They listed it on Steam as a Single Player game. I'm not really interested in arguing whether or not it's multiplayer because everyone else already disagrees with you so you shouldn't be surprised when you say it's multiplayer and other people tell you it isn't. Because it isn't. Only one player can play in a given game at a time.
>>
File: Capture.png (66 KB, 956x206) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
66 KB, 956x206
>>331746985
No
>>
>>331747175
I forget what it was, maybe it was blowing up space station, but there was one thing that actually would be permanent and that other players would see. I can't remember it now though.
>>
File: ye.png (82 KB, 263x675) Image search: [Google]
ye.png
82 KB, 263x675
>>331747241
>>331747227

It's a difficult thing to argue. The devs are retarded, though.
>>
File: Untitled.png (659 KB, 1055x826) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
659 KB, 1055x826
>>331746964
its stupid as fuck, why bother putting in all that shit if you can't actual interact with other players properly, all that has done was eat up Dev time for something that will go completely unnoticed but the Devs only included as some sort of dick waving hype generator gimmick
>>331747175
I was just repeating what I remembered some of the Devs said in some of the 'gameplay' vids they showed off ages ago
>>331747083
>>331746985
steam disagrees with you
>>
>>331747362
And that article was not written by the devs like the Steam description was so again, the devs disagree with you. If you want your own definition of multiplyer go ahead and use it but I reiterate. No one really agrees with you.

Most people think the game is multiplayer based on incorrect assumptions that were based on vague information given out by the devs over a year ago.
>>
>>331747441

>>331747362

Wikipedia says yes. So as stated above, there's no use in arguing.
>>
File: Capture.png (65 KB, 266x621) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
65 KB, 266x621
>>331747362
>comparing a publicly changeable website to the developers own words
You want to know how retarded you are?
>>
>>331747441
Why not put all that shit in if you can't interact with other players? Sounds like messages in Dark Souls.

And here we go with the dev time bulshit, like anyone on /v/ has even the slightest idea of game design and how dev time is allocated. You think it would have been a better use of dev time to implement full multiplayer in a game where you are very unlikely to ever run into anyone else due to the size of the world? It's Dark Pit all over again
>>
>>331747576

Yes please. And keep changing the wiki while you're at it to proof it.
>>
>>331747650
Did...did he just?

Wow, you really are stupid
>>
>>331747538
Wikipedia can be edited by any retard with a keyboard.
>>
>>331747362
>>331747241
>>331747083
>>331746985
>>331747034

Devs said you CAN play with others because everyone exists in the same universe. The problem is that they said the odds of running into another player are astronomical because of how fuck-ton big it is. Interestingly this could mimic what might be hapening for real in the universe. Literally millions of intelligent species throughout the universe and never able to come into contact because hard.

I also heard something about being able to invite a friend to join you or something. Need more word on this.
>>
>>331747704
>>331747576

I fail to see any point that you people are trying to make because it's all buzzwords and memes.
>>
>>331747730
Ok, fun part about this is they're saying you probably won't find others. But there must be multiplayer dynamics built in though, because it could happen. I wish they would give us the deets on this already. It's not like it's going to spoil in the way a movie would be.
>>
>>331747730
>The problem is that they said the odds of running into another player are astronomical because of how fuck-ton big it is
Incorrect.

The reason why you cant see other players is because of the way the servers work. The universe size is irrelevant.

You could have every single player on the same planet at the same location, and at most you will see 1 player, because thats how the server system functions.

To add insult to injury the game also doesnt maintain any online persistence in characters, so even if you do come across a person they will eventually just vanish.
>>
>>331747825
Yeah that is one part that is keeping me cautious about the game.
Whenever someone asks the devs about anything major other than the hype generation shit they keep waving about the Devs dance and tiptoe around it to avoid answering the question
>>
>>331747950
So something somewhat sorta kinda of like Journey
>>
>>331744604
I predict that it will be shit with 99% certainty. Same as Destiny, Titanfall, Watch_Dogs. If there's a fun game, they would have showed it already. Having infinite planets that are actually the same is boring as fuck. OH SHIT, THE TREES HERE ARE BLUE AND TRIANGULAR! WOW!
>>
>>331747792
Let me spell it out for you: He made an image in which he edited wikipedia to call you a retard for not recognizing wikipedia can be edited, and you responded with 'sure, edit the image more'
>>
>>331748130
That is the EXACT comparison the developer has used, hes denied denied and denied NMS is multiplayer.

You will, very very very rarely, see another player, because the server will drop in one of the thousands of players around you into your server for a moment, then dash them away.
>>
>>331748239
Since news of this game has existed, there's been the same tired caps posts speculating the exact same point
>>
>>331748250

That's your point? Neat.

Wikipedia has mods and admins though. Anyway I didn't supply the original image to defend the multiplayer side of the argument, I made it to proof how difficult it is to argue it.
>>
>>331747792
I edited Wikipedia to prove you are retarded.

But I see now you are too stupid to grasp this fact.
>>
>>331748361

> I edited Wikipedia to prove you are retarded.

no bully pls
>>
>>331748340
WIkipedia mods and admins only protect against Page vandalism and huge misinformation for major shit.
They don't waste their time policing things like the genre of a videogame
>>
>>331748239
Except those games showed up a ton of shit before and we still thought they'd be good. lol
>>
>>331748719

I don't give a shit. As I said, I don't want to argue about a game I don't care about, nor know anything about. It's not worth the effort.
>>
>>331745987

The space police idea is really, REALLY stupid, no matter what kind of angle they bring to the game. Just imagine that concept thrown into other sandbox games.

>Minecraft
>you mine coal
>20 creepers arrive behind you and instant kill you because you disturbed the planet
>game over
>>
>>331748981

> Game Over

I never understood that concept in a game where you can respawn.

> Game
Ok

> Over
What
>>
>>331748981
hopefully it isn't true, this anon seems a little more informed than most >>331746626
>>
>>331746626
It should be the other way around. The goal of the game is to get to the center of the universe, so they should have these police things show up more and more and tougher and tougher as you get closer to the center. At that point too, you've upgraded your ship, suits, and weapons so it presents more excitement at that time for you to fight them in various situations.
>>
>>331749565
Maybe you face previously undiscovered beasts closer to the centre, my understanding was that the centre is the most unexplored area
>>
>>331749907

Should be the other way around. The centre is a lot denser when it comes to player activity.
>>
>>331750027
Why so?
>>
>>331750116

Because the main objective is to get to the center. When every one does this, there will be more people per solar system.

No one really knows what's at the center, since the creator refused to talk about it.
>>
>>331750337
i bet its a big dick
>>
>>331750374

Or some fat tits. I hope.
>>
>>331750337
Probably some shitty, half-baked moral message about how exploration and co-operation brought about the future and how it's really the only way to succeed.

It would be way more interesting if nothing was there. Just nothing as nothing, instead of nothing masquerading as something.
>>
>>331750405
>>331750374
>>331750337
Its going to be something extremely disappointing like like reaching the centre in spore
Hell the whole game is going to be spore levels of disappointment
>>
>>331744604
I'll be playing it day one and my mission will be going as far away from the center of the galaxy as possible and seeing how that fucks up the game.
>>
>>331750508
>>331750495

> No big fat tits
>>
>>331749907
Maybe, but the center is supposed to be some great secret. The devs also stated they don't expect many to actually get there. Maybe having these police things en masse towards the center adds to the allure of what is there that is so protected. That of course depends on the nature of the secret. Maybe it's just some natural phenomenon or whatever.

inb4 devs dont think many will make it because of boredom
>>
>>331750508
There's the Spore mention, surprised it took this long.

Also only one WOW THE TREES ARE PURPLE HERE AND ON ANOTHER PLANET THEY WERE RED AMAZIIIING XXDD comment too. This is nearly a civil thread.
>>
>>331747362

>65daysofstatic

awwww shit nigga
>>
>>331750982

PANIC
>>
File: american prohibited.png (116 KB, 297x292) Image search: [Google]
american prohibited.png
116 KB, 297x292
>>331744604

It's going to bomb. I'll spend 0$ on the game and 3$ on popcorn, and it'll be a blast on launch day.
>>
>>331744604
if you want to know what you'll be doing in the game, just play Out There on mobile. Then imagine that but in 3D.
>>
I just hope modding gives us tractor beams or some shit so it can let us move shit I wanna finally build my space zoo like when I started playing spore
>>
>>331752704
Don't think there's any building m9
>>
>>331752854
Yeah I know that like I said maybe modding can add it in
>>
>>331752905
>>331752854
Well actually all I really want to do is just put a bunch of cool animals on one planet to look at, no building needed
>>
>>331752905
oh yeah im dumb
>>
>>331747576
> Dat 65 days of static
>>
>>331751850
But Out There is actually a pretty fun game. Plus it doesn't have combat IIRC
I really wish they made something like Out There with all those mechanics, but adding the combat mechanics from FTL.
>>
>>331750508
>Reach centre
>Travel to empty, NG universe with stronger enemies/more dangers
>Repeats endlessly
>At least, people think it's endless
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.