[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats your thoughts on The division?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: the-division-1.jpg (396 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
the-division-1.jpg
396 KB, 2048x1152
Whats your thoughts on The division?
>>
>>331744570
Honestly, it gives me the feels of when I used to play Diablo 2 to find those set and unique items along with the feels of crafting for the best equipment in Monster Hunter.

They did the unique equipment addiction better than Diablo 3 did. Also those challenging missions are really challenging. Not impossible, but just right to be challenging.
>>
File: 1418955512653.gif (290 KB, 307x270) Image search: [Google]
1418955512653.gif
290 KB, 307x270
I already played Destiny so no thanks I'll pass
>>
>>331744570

It's quite shit but can be fun for a short amount of time If you play with a friend.

It's extremely repetitive but it's inherent to the
genre

Wait for a price drop if you want to play it.

End game is a joke, and the Dark Zone is fun for like five second, then you realise it's a shit gimmick mode.
>>
>>331744570
pretty fucking fun with friends I haven't played a game this much in a while.
>>
>>331745106
thats sad the division was the only game i was sort of looking forward too
any good games on steam?
>>
City is cozy
Gameplay is trash
Story is okay I guess
>>
>>331745106

>Not fucking shit up in the Dank Zone with friends for the hell of it
>>
I've put 112hrs into and I feel like I'm pretty much done with the game. sadly there's no endgame at the moment, just 3 missions you can re-do every 24hrs for a small reward. my group stopped logging in two days ago. I got 112hrs but I'm still kinda bummed about it
>>
Hopefully it will be half price off within a few months like SW:Battlefront
I am a patient man.
>>
>>331745376
This
I want to play it but there isnt anything to do outside of daily's and since i work 12 hour shifts i cant loggon during work days and i get alot of days off during the week where i get solid 12 hours of playtime but cant play the game due to lack of repeatable content

One plus of warframe is every mission is randomly generated with more and more enemy types which keeps it just fresh enough
>>
>>331744570
I'm having a blast. Out 73 hours into it already and am not close to stopping. Have yet to hit endgame just because I've been having so much fun in the dark zone. The huge change between level <24 DZ and 25 up is nuts. The mobs and population seem to spike up tenfold so it's good fun. Also have been doing all the PvE with a friend and it's awesome.

If you read what the game is supposed to be then you'll be prepared, but if you see "Tom Clancy" and expect to go in and headshot everyone, 1 shot kills and kekNrek like in rainbow six or somwthing you'll be disappointed. It's an RPG with shooter elements, not a shooter game with RPG elements. Don't get it wrong like those morons at PCGamer. That way you'll save yourself money if that's not what you like.
>>
>>331745746
yeah they definitely need to add more stuff to the world. After you've done the missions and side stuff, it's completely emtpy..no events, nothing. I watched the e3 trailer again and honestly I don't give a shit about the graphic stuff because I think the game looks really good, but there's so much that's just not in the game at all, even animations like sliding over cars.
>>
>>331744570
My biggest buyers remorse since ED

What a total fucking catastrophe of a game
>>
>>331745847
Although, if you decide to do DMRs and get a bit lucky with your drops, you still kill everything save for elites/bosses with a single headshot. Until about endgame of course, it's a bit harder to get up to spec at that point.
>>
Finished the whole game in 20 hours, all I have left is generic boring side missions

Total waste of money, dont make the same mistake I did
>>
>>331744570
Totally worth 20$, that i paid for it
>>
>>331746306
h o w
>>
>>331746306
If i could get the season pass for that id be set but the current price no way to much for my blood
>>
>>331745937
>My biggest buyers remorse

Oh my son you didnt pre-order duke nukem did you

Only gods can know my level of buyers remorse
>>
>>331746518
I was never really a duke fan
>>
File: e1432.png (180 KB, 1030x533) Image search: [Google]
e1432.png
180 KB, 1030x533
>>331746346
1999 rubles - 20% off with Ubisoft Club coupon = 23.5$
Season pass is 29$
>>
>Cant find fucking Gold High end items
>Cant find enough gold high end division tech
>You can buy blue prints with pheonix credits though!
>Good work agent!

The game suffers terrible imbalances and design issues.

Im at lvl 51 DZ and I can get killed by lvl 20s easy.
>>
>>331747115
Run the challenge missions and get daily rewards you dumbfuck. That isn't an a balance issue, that's you willfully being a moron.
>>
>>331746518
Balls of Steel edition. I don't really regret it though, got a few neat collectibles and had fun for a couple of days.
>>
>>331744570
>most successful game of all time
>we have no sales figures to report
typical AAA failure
>>
>>331744570
The game starts with fucking side missions.

You can't walk through partners.

Enemies are bullet sponges because they wanted to copy Destiny for some reason.
>>
>>331747975

Daily missions give shit items.
>Knee pads
>more knee pads
>mask

Phoenix credits are kinda one way without division tech being available.
>>
>>331748514
You don't need Division Tech to make a high end from one of the blueprints. Also, missions like Lexington just had their drop rate for high ends buffed on challenging. I've gotten a couple good pieces.
>>
>>331746518
Did you buy BRINK???

FUCKING BRINK, DUDE!
>>
>>331748669

You need gold div tech to craft the actually good plans you buy from the DZ06 vendor though.

Also the guaranteed golds you get at the end of challenge mods are only level 30 aka trash.
>>
>>331746518
Hellgate London
>>
>>331744570
An overhyped game that most of the people shit on yet it's top seller. So another average/below average cash in.

A typical dudebro game. CoD level.
>>
>>331744570
Dead Game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEjM9IolcEg

FARM UP DEM MATS BOIZ
>>
>>331744570
takes me back to old diablo days
it's not for everybody
>>
>>331746518
I pre-ordered Spore
>>
>>331744570
It alright. The best way to have fun is to play with friends at the same time, hopefully friends who don't rush missions running everywhere and don't follow the story.

I don't have friends, so I play solo and sometimes with matchmaking and im having fun regardless.
>>
I'm playing Grim Dawn, it's a much nicer skinner box imo.
>>
>>331751003
Isn't it better to just do general assembly?
>>
I paid 1 cent for it.

I feel I overpaid.
>>
>>331752027
I got 5 copies for a nickel. Resell them at full price goy!
>>
File: 1339030530334.jpg (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1339030530334.jpg
1 MB, 900x900
>>331751987
Assembly is a long as fuck mission, while you do get a lot of shit - skipping 90% of Police Academy is probably faster. I also got a HE Assault Rifle from the named in the mission (had good talents too, 18% armor and increased damage to elites).
>>
>>331744570

shit wont buy the season pass
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.