[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the saltiest you've ever gotten while playing vidya?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: Salty.gif (305 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Salty.gif
305 KB, 640x360
Let's not lie we've all been incredibly salty at one point or another during our years of playing vidya

When was the last time you were so salty /v/?
Do you remember that one time that you were so outraged at vidya you can't ever forget it?

Share your salty tales in this thread!
>>
File: P3Vp9jk.png (168 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
P3Vp9jk.png
168 KB, 400x480
I'm mad about Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth1 being ported to steam. It was the begining of the end. The fanbase never recovered, the threads turned into shit with portbeggars and "muh shit port" usual PC circlejerk and worst of all pretty much every niche japanese game getting infested with console wars shit.

I'm full idort, I normally don't care about ports but this and Dark Souls made me change my opinion. Sometimes it's better for something to remain niche. And serving some games on a golden plate to steam retards it's the worst way a company can whore their game.
>>
Just in general carrying the team in CSGO with like 60 kills, and getting kicked for being a big fat meanie head when they couldn't hold A the whole CT side. Finding out it was a premade was a very salty experience. Guess I deserve it though, Global Elite btw.
>>
Breath of Fire 6 being what it is.
>>
>>331732737
>saltiest ive ever been
Probably when my mate demolished me at halo 3 a couple years ago and gloated the whole time
>saltiest ive ever made someone
The same guy when he spent 2 weeks breeding a comp. team in pokemon x and i 6-0'd him with my ingame shiny malamar
>>
>>331732737
Fag
>>
Saltiest I ever got in vidya was probably in Dark Cloud. I've tried maybe like six times over years to actually finish the game, and like a year ago I sat down fully intending to finish it. I remembered one of the major issues I had was the final boss of the game really needed the main character to have a good weapon, so I was working on getting 7th Heaven which is one of the ultimate ones I believe. I had built the weapon up like three or four times, poured hours upon hours of materials and experience into it. I was at the harbor area and was fighting in the dungeon that has these clam looking enemies. The thing about Dark Cloud is that weapon durability is a serious threat and you have to constantly keep repair powder on you. So I was going through one of the levels and started to fight one of the clam enemies. I did a combo right as the enemy closed it's shell which meant it blocked my attacks, which also reduces your durability incredibly fast.

My weapon just broke. All that time and effort throughout half of the entire game just gone because I fucked up and hit the enemy too many times. I would've loaded back, but for some stupid reason I hadn't saved since I started that section of the game so I would've had to do like four to five hours of stuff over again. I just dropped the game. I almost never just drop games, but fuck I was so upset.
>>
>>331732737
The final cloud that blows you off the screen at the very end of Battletoads just before the final boss, it was one of the few times I threw my controller, it made a small hole in my door. Orphan of Kos in BB just in general made me toss my controller too, not as hard though because PS4 controllers feel cheaply made.
>>
>>331732737
Destroyed an Xbox mic trying to do Limbo deathless.
I got it the next attempt.
>>
>>331734167
Jesus I hate people like you that throw a fit when losing games to friends. Shit talking is part of the fun learn not to be a little girl next time.
>>
File: UGH6UAM.jpg (103 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
UGH6UAM.jpg
103 KB, 1920x1080
>>331733383
Do you think Tomoko gets angry when she plays video games?
>>
Most reason is probably Fire Emblem. I'm salty from letting myself get hyped up over at the very least a lower end Fire Emblem, I'm salty over spending so much money on what could have been a single game if Nintendo weren't gook ass jews when the games are astoundingly mediocre beyond Conquest in gameplay, I'm salty over the fact that this shit sold so well, meaning we will get more FE in this lackluster style, and I'm salty over just grinding as quickly as possible to finish all the routes so I can get my moneys worth and move on to a better game, yet bullshit like missing two 84% chance hits, then getting killed by the enemy because of those misses.

At least the bitterness has largely passed. I'll probably just dial it to Phoenix or something, so I can get through it as painlessly as possible. It's not like I'm missing anything anyway, I just need to swallow my pointless pride.
>>
File: 1458573211464.png (248 KB, 652x352) Image search: [Google]
1458573211464.png
248 KB, 652x352
yesterday playing smash
>friend using pit, me using pikachu
>he keeps spamming arrows like no tomorrow
>eventually, i get killed
>he puts a smile like hes the best smash player
>me, salty, pointed out that i hate when he spams
>other friend tries to defend him cuz "best pals" and all that crap
>"you spam too anon"
>we already had a conversation before that the guy who won always spams like hell
>"nah, i dont remember saying that anon"
>i just fucking got pissed cuz they keep telling "u salty bro?"

man, sometimes i just suck at smash that i cant even beat spammer fucks.
>>
>>331734649
I completely agree, anon. It doesnt usually bother me but that time it just grated on me. It just reached the point where i stopped having fun.
>>
>>331732737
>playing SFV
>I pick Zangief
>going against a Ken faggot
>as usual he spams dragon punches
>lose the first round to lull him in
>perfect him the second round
>he starts playing keep away I third round
>keeps chippin me with hadoukens
>I corner him occasionally
>eventually eat to the point where we both are in white health only
>a single hit would kill either of us
>okay with a draw, let him keep running away
>time runs out
>game gives the win to him
I almost threw my controller
>>
I was having a rough week at work, LOL just came out so I was having a few beers and playing it to relax. Was doing alright till clownpiece.
I threw my laptop at a chair and broke the screen.
>>
Most recent I can think of is DmC, for obvious reasons.
>inb4 shitpost
>>
i've been super salty many times playing cod search and destroy, like when you get killed the millisecond before you defuse a bomb, or getting knifed by a dead silence faggot in a round 7 1v1.
>>
File: tiny.gif (85 B, 20x20) Image search: [Google]
tiny.gif
85 B, 20x20
>getting mad at videogames
Why not just stop playing before you reach that stage?
>>
>>331734407
It's funny because you don't even need a good weapon to beat the final boss, you just need like 10 stamina potions. You can grind money for stamina potions in the forest back levels and get maxed out money in an hour. Congratulations, you can now beat the game with any semi decent weapon.
>>
I punched the floor and hurt my knuckle over NFS: Most Wanted (2005 version). Fuck that cop chase bullshit.
>>
Somebody in Destiny kept quick-scoping me in the head and surviving with less than 10% HP.

I went into my backyard through the garage, grabbed my metal baseball bat, and hit my PS4 controller into the woods. Then I came back upstairs, turned my PS4 off, took pictures of it, and listed (then sold) it on ebay. Literally rage-sold a PS4.

My brother and I both get aspie fits of rage from playing shooters for some reason. He's broken more several more controllers than I have. For some reason, stressing about my K/D in FPS games just really gets to me. I try to avoid games that keep track of that, and play other stuff like fighters and strategy games, since they don't upset me NEARLY as much.
>>
File: 1412021390549.png (36 KB, 244x251) Image search: [Google]
1412021390549.png
36 KB, 244x251
>>331734842
tfw good enough at smash that all my friends get salty when I play and I pretend to act all elitist and they know I'm pretending which makes them even madder
>>
I always rage when it has to do with RNG.

When I played Pokemon Stadium I really lost my shit when Thunder missed 4 times in a row.
>>
File: 1454215951295.jpg (480 KB, 1600x2146) Image search: [Google]
1454215951295.jpg
480 KB, 1600x2146
>>331732737
>Super Crossbow
>Gatling Bazooka
>Get to L5-3
>Is cornered by a gold tank and Lil Hunter
>>
>>331735398
You're autistic
>>
Splatoon was probably the most recent. Getting put into a ranked match where whenever the enemy team got on the Tower it started teleporting around making the people on top impossible to hit. I quit playing it after that.
>>
>>331732737

well, probably back when I bought Mass Effect 1+2+3 on the same day

I played and beat Mass Effect 1 over a week and it was a truely magical week (I played stoned all the time though). Wow! What a game that was!

Then after beating ME1, I popped in ME2 and the salt just got to me big time

I gave it a really honest try, but gave up after 5 hours or so. ME3 is still factory-wrapped
>>
>>331732737

Someguy kept snipping me in GTA V and trying to duel me when I had no ammo for anything but pistols.

I got annoyed, stole a heli to steal a jet and camped in for like half an hour.

I still have heart problems from the amount of salt I consumed that day.
>>
>>331735602
Nah, I'd know if I was autismo since I had a pscyh evaluation a couple years ago for ADHD. My dad, my brother and I are just bad at dealing with rage. I literally never express any other retarded impulsive tendencies like that. It's genuinely only first person shooters that get me anywhere close to that angry.
>>
>>331735319

Who fucking punches the floor?

Lmao git gud senpai
>>
>>331732737
I was around 10 when I threw my n64 controller after losing to the factory boss so many times in DK64
>>
>>331735894

Why are you in freeroam if you're too broke to buy max ammo?

Git money family
>>
Flight school in San Andreas when I was like 13. Serious shit fit
>>
Got gibbed in Gears 2. Punched a hole in a wall.
>>
probably on a lan with some friends playing civ 4

i was pretty new and some of us were good at the game.

i basically had a coast of cities, moved inland and took some cities, it was looking good

then i learned that you never leave any city without ample units to defend from say two swordmen guys snuck in by boat.

i resigned the moment i lost my capital and tried not to punch the guy who did it.

i felt raped.
>>
>SALT SALT AWWW MANG YOU SALTY SALT SALT SALT

Really wish /v/'s vocabulary would expand beyond the FGC.
>>
My biggest amount of salt was trying to pass the RC plane missions from Zero in San Andreas.

Tried so many times but it was fucking impossible. I managed with the rc helicopter in vice city but barely made it.
>>
>>331736068
Thank twitch.tv for that.
>>
>>331736041

Cause I like fucking around in GTA and I still had hope that maybe the game economy wouldn't t be so fucking retarded and online would be an online GTA.

Instead it's all kiddy glove bullshit and grinding for hours to get anything decent.
>>
File: 1418681116932.jpg (239 KB, 1157x987) Image search: [Google]
1418681116932.jpg
239 KB, 1157x987
Unlocking Panther tanks in War Thunder hoping for some fun and fast tooty tooty point and shooting and instead finding out that they are irredeemable garbage with a shitty gun and the survivability of a paper boat, Should have gone with tigers
>>
>>331732737
In Destiny, there's this exotic pair of boots called the Bones of Eao. I've been wanting it they data mined it. I've put in more than 1000 hours into this shit game, and the one time I carried my friend through a raid, it drops for him and he fucking has the nerve to rub it in my face. I kicked him from the party, loaded up Ground Zeroes and didn't touch Destiny for a few days. I wanted to smash my disc so bad that day.
>>
File: 1334128310980.jpg (82 KB, 653x766) Image search: [Google]
1334128310980.jpg
82 KB, 653x766
>>331732737
>Warhawk 100 years ago
>Up on a mountain sniping the enemy base we're attacking, being useful
>Team member comes up in a warhawk
>Stops and hovers near me
>Pushes me off to my death
Not even funny.
>>
>>331736054

Check your privilige you cis-gender scum
>>
>>331735217
if you didn't use dead silence in BO2 on every class, you're a retard
>>
>>331736205

>expecting it to be gta iv multiplayer

Go play single player if you want to fuck around and not be disturbed. Online is kill or be killed, and even then you have passive mode. There's a lot of ways to get money that aren't grinding.
>>
I was playing Hearthstone.
>>
>>331735937
people who care about their things
>>
Playing Suikoden I and had only 107/108 stars of destiny. Missed the opportunity to revive Gremio. Got so salty I stooped so low as to just grab a random completed save file, undermining my blind playthrough.
>>
>>331736304
>There's a lot of ways to get money that aren't grinding.
>>
>>331736626

>pay for modded account
>transfer to pc or current gen
>no grinding
>>
>>331736254
im literally a girl and was raped so stfu you piece of shit
i bet youre still a virgin you loser
>>
>>331736304

Kill or be killed isn't the problem. It's how retarded it and expensive it all is.

I just want to steal a car, rob a bank, and shoot out with motherfuckers. Maybe steal a tank.

But I have to grind to own a car, grind for a place to store the car, grind to be able to rob a bank(and you get stuck with bottom of the barrel retards and no way to boot them or solo it), I have to grind to own weapons, I have to grind for some extra bullets, I have to grind to be able to call in a tank, and then grind to be able to drive the tank, and finally after all that the game goes "No killing players in free roam is bad! Pay for that car you blew up".
>>
>>331732737

>16
>playing Halo 2 against a friend
>he's god awful
>we both know, he was incredibly competitive, but still a good sport
>he freaks out every time I kill him
>I win 50/-1
>teabag him
>he flips out and tackles me and the recliner falls backwards
>go to some abandoned mansion that some dotcom millionaire abandoned and shit in the toilets

Back when the salt was fun.

He was my best friend.
>>
>>331736774

You just bitch and complain 24/7, don't you?

I bet you're the type of guy who would buy GTA games to use cheats and kill civilians for hours rather than playing the story.

Git gud faggot
>>
>Soul Calibur 4
>Tower of Lost Souls
>>
>>331736946

Wut? This is a thread about being salty. I am just clarifying my salt.

Don't most people play GTA to fuck around and have fun?

What does git gud even mean in this context?

This isn't even decent bait, you redditors really are retarded aren't you. Apply yourself.
>>
Trying to get into SFV. My reflexes are not what they use to be and there is too much reward for playing defensive than offensive.

I want a fast, quickly paced match. Not a slow game of footsies.
>>
>>331732737
I played all the way through Persona 4 for the first time recently and saved my newgame+ save over my old save, only to be told mere minutes later that I just barely missed out on the true ending. I was so mad that I actually speedran through the game over the next 4 days, maxed all the social links and got the true ending. The worst part is that I had no one to blame but myself and my lack of space on my memory card.
>>
>sick as fuck, high fever
>almost finishing Persona 3, final part of the dungeon
>"I have to sleep but I will just finish this real fast"
>three hours only to reach the final boss
>one hour fighting him, he suddenly one shot my entire party
>deleted the save, never regreted

I just needed a bit more levels but that was too frustrating.
>>
>>331732737
When the sniper I'm raping gets vaccinator pocketed by his medic friend
>>
>>331738576
When I fought the final boss in P3, it took 2 hours for me to whittle its health down to a sliver, but then it charmed the protagonist who proceeded to heal all of its health back in one turn. I felt a bit of myself die right then. I still ended up beating the boss on my first try, but I used like 6 somas and I didn't get to sleep until like 4 am. It made going to class the next day felt like hell.
>>
Chinese people playing video games.

Whatever race, whatever country you're from, you're not as bad as the fucking Chinese.

Chinese players are so fucking gooked out and so fucking chinky in EVERY GAME it's honestly unreal.
>>
>>331732737
I remember when I was like 7 or something and I wanted to murder crash bandicoot during that rainy level
>>
>>331733383
I don't play Nep but I sadly fully agree any Dark Souls.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.