[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what happens with Kingdom Hearts 3 turns out to be total shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: 1446648391164.jpg (210 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446648391164.jpg
210 KB, 1280x720
So what happens with Kingdom Hearts 3 turns out to be total shit?
>>
File: 1444183581448.jpg (63 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1444183581448.jpg
63 KB, 600x800
>>331731367
i'll play it anyway
>>
It'll still be better than most shit being released.
>>
>>331731367
From whats been shown I think it'll be great.
>>
I trust in Nomura-san
>>
Nothing 'cause that won't happen
>>
File: blink_and_smile.gif (487 KB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
blink_and_smile.gif
487 KB, 400x311
>osaka team making a good game

yeah like that will happen
>>
>>331732389
BBS, DDD and Re:COM were all good.
>>
Kingdom Hearts is just Secret of Mana with a Disney skin....and a terrible, incomprehensible plot
>>
>>331732545
What are you talking about
>>
>>331732426
>DDD
>Good
>>
I'm keeping my expectations incredibly low so that I can be, at the very least, smugly satisfied I was right, and at best, mildly happy that it wasn't worse than whatever the latest disappointment was.
>>
>>331732426
And those entries are by far the worst in the entire series, especially by a gameplay perspective
>>
>>331732568
It's a great action RPG, but the framework surrounding it is tripe
>>
>>331732675
Days is absolute gutter trash, the rest aren't close to that level of bad.
>>
>>331731367
It's the end of Sora and Xehanort's saga anyways, so nobody will give a shit about any future games.

It's like the upcoming Mass Effect: Whatever game. No Shepard? Who gives a shit.
>>
>>331732726
I might care if the gameplay is good.
>>
>>331732426
Literally all three of those games are fucking horrible. You just happened to list them in order from best to worst, but they're still the worst KH games in existence.
>>
>>331732593
It was good. Better than BbS, even.

>>331732675
Something always has to be the worst of a group. Doesn't mean they're bad.

Anyway, Days is the worst by a large margin.
>>
File: kh2.jpg (160 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kh2.jpg
160 KB, 1920x1080
>>331732726
I'd care. It'd be interesting especially if Nomura does what he wants to and starts putting out Disney-less KH games.
Roxas was my favorite playable character anyways, plus a lot of the games you didn't even know Xehanort was the bad guy in at first.
>>331732852
All those games are great m8. I'd argue that they're all even better than KH1, whose combat system was way too simple and had really shitty platforming focus. The only BAD KH game is Days.
>>
>>331732852
That's not close to true considering a large opinion over BBS is that it's one of the best games in the series and DDD is just BBS with pokemon. If you honestly think any of those are the worst in the series I should direct you to KH1 and Days and ask that you play those.
>>
I'm fully on board with how fucking dumb the story is, so I don't care if that turns out to be shit. But if the gameplay sucks, honestly I'll be pretty bummed
>>
>>331732995
>and DDD is just BBS with pokemon
And more refined/faster combat.
>>
>>331731608
Fuck me more please
>>
>>331732726
I don't think Andromeda is really comparable to post KH3 games considering Nomura said Sora will always be the protagonist. So it's not like we're dropping characters.
>>
I hope flowmotion isn't as broken as in KH3 as it was in DDD. It made huge areas feel way too small
>>
>>331733040
thats all i had
no idea who it is
>>
>>331733176
I hate you.

On another note Im picking up KH1 and 2 on teh Ps2 on sunday. What am I in for? watched my friend play when i was little and thought it was cool and fun
>>
>>331732995
I've played all of the KH games except for Coded, Mobile, and χ. BBS and DDD were utter, and complete garbage.

I sincerely hope 3 does not draw from them, or if it does only what it absolutely has to for the sake of plot.
>>
>>331733281
>on teh Ps2
Do you have a PS3?
>>
There is no fucking way they can guck this game up. The story is fucking simple and there's only one way to end it. A fucking happy ending. Maybe some characters get together but most likely it's a friendship ending. Game play is so simple to perfect at this point. Keep the same fucking formula as the games that were fun.

That's fucking it play it safe and get the series over with.
>>
>>331733379
Series isn't ending with KH3 m8
>>
>>331733359
>BBS and DDD were utter, and complete garbage.
This is massive hyperbole and you fucking know it. Stop this meme.

They are good games. Flawed, but good.
Like every other game in the series except Days.
Shit, even KHIIFM isn't perfect.
>>
>>331733364
yes but i want to experience it the way it was meant to be! plus the ps2 is sexy
>>
>KH thread
>Actually dicussing the games
>Not just waifu fagging
Holy shit it must be my birthday
>>
>>331733452
I don't even know what meme you're taking about. I don't visit KH threads that often.

I hated how BBS was split into three stories, one for each character, and then the final chapter. I seriously, truly hate character switching. It's the reason I couldn't stand SaGa games. The gameplay mechanics of it with the spell card shit or whatever honestly pissed me off.

I can't remember why I hated DDD. I'd have to play it again. So I'll call that a null for now since I don't have an explanation. I did beat it, I did get to where Riku saves Sora or whatever, and Sora has to take his test again. I just can't remember the game other than being utterly disappointed in it.
>>
>>331733479
>meant to be!

If you're getting the Final Mix versions you are playing them as they're meant to be, otherwise you're doing the opposite.
>>
>>331732726
Nomura has said Sora will always be the main character, even after KH3. Don't know where you got that idea from.
>>
>>331733479
Except you'll be playing vanilla instead of FM.
You'll be playing KH1 with worse controls.
You'll be buying two games for probably the same price as both of the ReMIXes.

On Amazon right now KH1 on PS2 is $15.
For just $5 more you could get 1.5 instead, which is KHFM, Re:CoM and the Days movie.
KHFM having been given better controls, and perhaps more importantly, a cutscene skip option.

Same goes for KHII and 2.5.
And you should NEVER play KHII vanilla if you can help it. By God, just don't.

There is no reason to play the PS2 games if you have the ability to get the collections.
>>
>>331733452
KH2 and KH2FM aren't perfect in the regards that they're way too fucking easy even on Critical mode.
>>
I love Olette
>>
>>331733664
No NO NOOO stop! someone tell me he's wrong
>>
File: 1454449467232.jpg (34 KB, 273x286) Image search: [Google]
1454449467232.jpg
34 KB, 273x286
>>331732389
>>331732675
>>331732852
>>331732869
>>331733359

>le BbS is bad reddit tier meme

I know half of /v/ is retarded but c'mon
>>
>>331733652
There's a difference between disliking a game and the game being bad, anon.

>>331733729
I didn't even call it bad.
>>
>>331733729
>Disliking the game I like makes you a memer
>Posts an OK Kid picture
Great argument, wonderful points made.
>>
File: gallery_56854_1312_16292.jpg (33 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
gallery_56854_1312_16292.jpg
33 KB, 720x405
JUST
>>
>>331733729
they're good games but not good kh games, funny how /v/ lunges at you for not sucking BBS off
>>
>>331733757
I disagree. A game can entirely be bad for personal reasons. It's very unlikely I was the only person who had those thoughts as well. If my criticisms of it don't apply or matter to you, that's fine. I can, and will, still call it a bad game.
>>
>>331731367
There are no other good games to play, so might as well eat shit.
>>
>>331733787
tell me why BbS is bad
I've played all of them and BbS is objectively one of the bestest in the series

>Great gameplay, introduced the Command system
>Great characters
>Great story
>Actually good Disney worlds (Lilo & Stich one is amazing)
>Multiplayer was fun on the PSP version
>First portable KH with decent controls because analog
>>
>>331733718
Sorry, just buy the PS3 versions.
>>
>>331733887
>A game can entirely be bad for personal reasons
That's called an opinion.
>>
File: tendies0.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
tendies0.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
KH3 is going to be fucking awesome.
>>
>>331733964
That's a redundant statement. All reviews and thoughts on a game are founded on personal opinion.
>>
>>331733949
>BbS is objectively one of the bestest in the series
Not when both DDD and Re:coded outclass it in the gameplay department.

BbS is great, but it does have its flaws, and while you would be right in 2010, we've gotten games that place it lower on the tier list since then.
>>
>>331734054
No, there are qualities to a game that can be judged in an affect of objectivity.

Your criticisms of the game, so far as I've seen, amount to "I didn't like how it played," or how Command Deck worked.

That's an opinion.
Just like the people who don't like CoM because of its mechanics only have an opinion.
CoM is not bad, in fact it's very very good for what it's attempting to do.

To examine your own criticisms
>I seriously, truly hate character switching.
This is an opinion. There is nothing inherently wrong with or poorly designed about the multiple scenarios of BbS.
Except having to do thing three times over for 100%, like collecting Commands or doing minigames. That should have been shared data probably.
Though this was remedied in DDD.
>The gampelay mechanics of it with the spell card shit or whatever honestly pissed me off.
Again, an opinion. Command Deck works fine, much better than Command Menu ever could for the platform it was designed for (see Days).

While BbS's Command Deck isn't perfect (it was the first implementation, after all), it's a solid base and a competently functional mechanic.
>>
I really liked Days. A whole game about how shit it is to be Roxas, I thought it was shockingly novel given the tenor of the rest of the series.
>>
When will people realize that ReCoded had the best combat out of all KH games?
>>
>>331734360
>Again, an opinion. Command Deck works fine, much better than Command Menu ever could for the platform it was designed for (see Days).
I can easily call your statement here an opinion as well. The command deck was an unnecessary 'improvement' to the system that was just bloat. Most of the abilities were bad, leveling them up was tedious, and in the end it all boiled down to using the same command rotations repeatedly.

You liked it, I did not. These are both opinions. Neither are really that 'objective', they're quite subjective to our thoughts on the system, whether or not it should have been implemented at all, and how well it was implemented.

Same with the character switching - unnecessary addition to the game. Did they handle it well? Sure, I'll give you that. Just because it was implemented well doesn't mean it should have been implemented at all. Games introducing negative elements can easily mark them as being poorer titles.
>>
>>331731367
Well, that didn't stop the handheld titles.
>>
>>331734761
>The command deck was an unnecessary 'improvement' to the system that was just bloat.
It's not an improvement to the system, it's a new system entirely. And they did it because of the new platform.

I would argue that it was necessary. Like I said, see Days for why Command Menu doesn't work on a handheld.
>Most of the abilities were bad, leveling them up was tedious, and in the end it all boiled down to using the same command rotations repeatedly.
Lo and behold, this is not a function of the actual mechanic of Command Deck, but the implementation of it in BbS.

In DDD, Commands don't have levels and the Command Meld system doesn't exist at all.
But the basic mechanics of Command Deck are the same.

>Same with the character switching - unnecessary addition to the game
It isn't an addition, it's a basic premise of the game's design. You can't have BbS without multiple scenarios, that was the idea from the start.

>Just because it was implemented well doesn't mean it should have been implemented at all.
That doesn't make it BAD. You even just said it was done well. Something done well isn't fucking bad.
>negative elements
Character switching being a negative element is 100% an opinion.
>>
>>331735246
>That doesn't make it BAD. You even just said it was done well. Something done well isn't fucking bad.
Bad for the game as a whole. You seem to be confusing objectivity for subjectivity, and at the same time are stating all of my criticisms are useless opinions while yours are somehow based on solid ground.

Games introducing bad mechanics make them bad titles, regardless of how well those bad mechanics are introduced. Simple as that. If you liked them, great for you. That doesn't make it a good game. Same as how, for you, me calling it a bad game doesn't make it a bad game for you.
>>
Just watch Bizkit's video on "what KH3 needs" to learn why BBS is so shut compared to the rest of the series.
>>
>>331735440
>a mechanic that is used well is somehow a bad mechanic because I say so
This is why I'm calling them opinions, anon.
>>
File: BOWSA.jpg (30 KB, 313x364) Image search: [Google]
BOWSA.jpg
30 KB, 313x364
>>331731367

You fags will then have no excuse to visit your dads.
>>
>>331735680
>A mechanic that I like in the game makes it a good game
This is what I'm also calling opinion, Anon.
>>
File: 1404542488943.jpg (20 KB, 317x330) Image search: [Google]
1404542488943.jpg
20 KB, 317x330
>>331736001
Do you think bouncing my argument back at me is in any way a proper position to take, anon?

How can you possibly rationalize the idea that something utilized well is, in fact, secretly a bad thing?

Because from what I can see, you're saying "this is used well, but I don't like it, therefore it is bad."
Instead, you should be saying, "this is used well, but I don't like it."
>>
>>331731367

It will still sell like crazy because all it takes for a KH fan to buy a game is new cover art or a .5 added somewhere in the title.

I'm firmly convinced you could put Sora's face on a box filled with rat poison and shit and KH fans would buy it.
>>
We pick the most controversial and most hated game in the series and say that game is the best, if KH IV comes out we say KH III is the best.

It's already happening with Dark Souls.
>>
>>331736132
You keep repeating the exact same argument, which is a false argument. Parroting the exact same thing repeatedly while barely adding any substance to your posts.

The focus of the discussion is on game quality. The quality of the game is affected by its subsystems. How well those subsystems are introduced is only one part of that equation, another part is if they should have been introduced at all. How good those subsystems are for the game, and how they could have otherwise done the game if not for them.

For the record, me stating that character swapping was introduced well was mostly saying that it wasn't buggy, and that you could swap any time you wanted to. That was literally the only thing I considered to be well done about it.
>>
>>331736520
You're saying the game is bad because its mechanics are bad.
Fair enough.

But then you say that the mechanics are used well.
That doesn't line up.

>another part is if they should have been introduced at all
Oh my God, get out of here with this shit. That has absolutely no bearing on quality.

I mean, shit, there isn't a SINGLE game mechanic or feature in the history of video games that SHOULD have been or HAD TO have been introduced.
Command Deck wasn't necessary? Well neither was Menu. They could have done something else.
Keychains aren't necessary
Magic isn't necessary
Jumping isn't necessary
They could have just done something else.
>>
>>331733729
Bbs has KH1 tier gameplay and a godawful storyline.
>>
>>331736823
The only story in the game that matters is Aqua's.
>>
THIS IS THE EFFECT KINGDOM HEARTS HAS ON PEOPLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kq4idDJpgc
>>
>>331737138
Autism is a disorder granted by genetics, not video games.
>>
>>331737459
No, this kind of autism is an effect of bad upbringing and parenting or other negative experiences in early life.
Like homosexuality.
>>
>>331731367
reminder that ALL of them are Disney characters
>>
>some autist makes a video
>suddenly half of /v/ is parroting it and treating it as gospel

Every fucking time, I hate how influenced you faggots are by YouTube idiots.
>>
play the real KH3, FFXV
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.