[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: 2mil1.png (75 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
2mil1.png
75 KB, 256x192
>PSO:BB doesn't run well on windows 10
My nostalgia itches /v/. Is it worth it to downgrade to revive the memories? How did you fill the massive void?
>>
>>331730741
It's worth downgrading period
>>
but SCHTTACK is dead, how can you play BB?
>>
>>331730741
i just play PSO2. the game is fantastic
>>
>>331730854
Fuck you. PSO2 is absolute garbage.

>>331730741
What's wrong with PSOBB on Win10? There's always PSU private servers around the corner.
>>
>>331731072
Sorry you think PSO2 is garbage. It's a great game with great mechanics, and--

>PSU private servers around the corner

Alright, never mind you're an idiot
>>
>>331731072

>What's wrong with PSOBB on Win10?

doesn't even run anymore, not even in compatibility mode
>>
>>331730809
SCHT is back online now, but the playerbase hasn't recovered
>>
>>331731958
History will repeat itself with SCHT, it's better to just use Ultima now if you're desperate.
>>
File: pso_nnn.jpg (2 MB, 4923x3406) Image search: [Google]
pso_nnn.jpg
2 MB, 4923x3406
Can we just once agree that while PSU and PSO2 aren't as good as the original, they're still at least okay and aren't "shit"?
>>
File: rage.png (19 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
19 KB, 300x309
>>331732616
>hear about PSO2
>see that the PSO2 humar and ramar look like the PSO humar and ramar
>get psyched
>come release of character creator demo
>want to remake my PSO cast
>all the PSO2 casts look fucking retarded and nothing like PSO
why did they do this
>>
>>331730854
>playing PSO2 after EP4
>>
I just play on gamecube with the plus version since the pso:bb client ain't work in windows 10
>>
>>331730809
On a non-shit server.

>>331730741
It's worth using a less shit Windows just for the sake of everything being a bit less shit. Compatability is at an all time low in 10, I don't know why you'd even TRY to play real games on it. So yes, 'downgrade' as you say and you'll find a whole lot more games work.
>>
>>331732532
>Ultima
Just being better than Shithack doesn't make it the right choice.

http://pioneer2.net has been the only sensible way to play for ages.
>>
A true man plays GameCube offline split screen with bros.
>>
File: tumblr_ms7pxdbcmB1suslwlo1_500.png (126 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms7pxdbcmB1suslwlo1_500.png
126 KB, 500x380
>windows 10

why anon...
>>
>>331732616
You can't really compare PSO and PSO2 with each other because they are completely different in the majority of aspects and only have the same sort of premise (kill stuff, get loot). The music direction, gameplay, general environments, atmosphere and story are all completely different, save for a few minor exceptions/throwbacks (PSO NPCs and Gal Gryphon appearing in PSO2 etc).

That being said, PSO2 is a great game if you only play in small increments since most of the content is gated on random/scheduled only quests. If you go into the game expecting PSO the 2nd, of course you will be hugely disappointed because the majority of those people simply want another PSO and not a new game entirely. PSO2 shares the name and a bunch of reused things such as weapons or sound effects only.

While original fans might not like the game, PSO2 has been a huge success for SEGA and it has brought in a bunch of people new to the series which is only a good thing. If you think that is a bad thing then you're simply better off sticking to PSO and I don't mean that as an insult.

>>331732914
All the PSO outfits are in the game but you need to pay for them or wait a very long time for free token handouts sadly. If you were looking for humanoid-esque CASTs then you can't really make those sorts, yeah. You can make a Human with a bunch of those features but it wouldn't really be the same.
>>
>>331733850
I do feel that PSO2 does capture at least part of the original PSO's spirit, but the thing I think they forgot is that PS1-4 + Online were all dungeon crawlers and that was what linked them together, while PSO2 has lost the element of resource management and exploring dungeons because they were only focused on evolving the combat.

But at the end of the day PSO was a game where I could pop into random games, meet cool people while chilling out killing enemies in hope of a rare drop. PSO2 is kind of the same thing for me today.
>>
File: funny.png (656 KB, 630x431) Image search: [Google]
funny.png
656 KB, 630x431
>>331733850
>those tiny arms and hands
>>
>>331734138
>I do feel that PSO2 does capture at least part of the original PSO's spirit, but the thing I think they forgot is that PS1-4 + Online were all dungeon crawlers and that was what linked them together, while PSO2 has lost the element of resource management and exploring dungeons because they were only focused on evolving the combat.

I don't think that they so much 'forgot' but just did something different which I personally don't like which is the psuedo-random map elements for the non-Emergency Quests. I honestly don't think many people except original fans would like the old-style combat either because the majority of people that I've spoken to that have tried PSO2 but quit because of reasons have always said that the combat was a plus.

>But at the end of the day PSO was a game where I could pop into random games, meet cool people while chilling out killing enemies in hope of a rare drop. PSO2 is kind of the same thing for me today.
The developers know this too because they have constantly tried to encourage this to players but I think the general mindset of online games has changed. I don't know many people who just want to fuck around, only people who want to progress and better themselves.

>>331734236
Those are most likely the default sliders on the trailer models that SEGA uses. You can make them bigger/smaller.
>>
>>331733850
>All the PSO outfits are in the game but you need to pay for them
I'm certain that this is not the case. You can only buy PSO costumes with Ragol-memories, and you can't just buy those with real cash.
>>
File: item04[1].jpg (134 KB, 647x327) Image search: [Google]
item04[1].jpg
134 KB, 647x327
>>331735947
That is what I meant, you only really get them from campaigns which require you to spend money. I only have 6 of them since they started giving them out about 8 months ago. I haven't paid a cent and the costumes cost 5 each while the accessories also cost 2 each so it would be pretty hard to get them if you didn't spend anything.

This one here makes you spend 10,000 Yen just to get 3 of them.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.