[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy VII Remake OST Leak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: Cloud.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cloud.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
This is what J-E-N-O-V-A sounds like

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ednMh5dCt9
>>
File: 1454369085600.jpg (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1454369085600.jpg
15 KB, 200x200
>>331730330
>>
File: 1440393201279.jpg (16 KB, 208x236) Image search: [Google]
1440393201279.jpg
16 KB, 208x236
>>331730330

Isn't this from the movie? Either way, it's garbage. I liked the old sci-fi tone the original had over this flute shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIlkvisQM6c
>>
>>331730457
Nope this is the theme from the movie.
https://youtu.be/3srOiO4XeDs
>>
>>331730330
>>331730481

Both of these suffer from the same mistake. Not enough focus on what made the original song memorable. The intro.

The first 3 seconds of J-E-N-O-V-A is the part people fucking remember and they decide to tone it down to make room for generic-drum-beat?

Fuck that.
>>
>>331730582

This actually sounds a lot better than the two others posted ITT.
>>
>>331730330
Nice try but no.

>>331730457
It's from the Distant Worlds II OST, it's not from the remake.

https://youtu.be/kIlkvisQM6c
>>
Holy shit op is the entire OST leaked?
>>
>>331730886
No, it's bait.
>>
>>331730330
Ugh what is this. Its like, they removed the pulse pounding beat. It sounds more like a ballet then a boss battle song. Oh god the fucking horn its so fucking bad holy shit. I am typing this as a listen to it, and its just getting worse and worse. Now it feels like it is trying to feel like a action packed fight for your life, but it still just feels like music from a ballet, or a play or something.
>>
>>331730925
See >>331730885

Are you retarded?
>>
>>331730956
No sir I am not retarded, I just didn't read the thread.
>>
>>331730671
Yeah, the whole point of JENOVA is that it's suppose to sound incredibly alien when it starts. JENOVA isn't your typical boss and I think they really need to remember that when you fight it in the remake, not only with it's theme, but also how it moves, what it's attacks are against you.

JENOVA Birth used stop, something you might not be able to defend against at that point. I want that in edition to odd and jerky movements, shape shifting and bending.

The Jenvova fights were all really good and I can't wait to see how they handle them since two of the fights are in areas with not a lot of space.
>>
>>331730330

Cool thread OP, can I make a copy of it?
>>
>>331731214

You sound like my nigga.

Where the majority of the original battle tracks were upbeat metal/orchestra affairs, J-E-N-O-V-A was almost techno/trance like in its beat and rhythm, which like you said, added to the surreal nature of the fight.

And that's why I advocate the intro. It's suppose to very clearly sound like this descent into surrealism. Listen to the fucking original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6GrZYE2il0

Note that for the first few seconds there was no background beat at all, and even when it came it was used as a BACKGROUND element.

You just know they're going to fuck all this up.
>>
>>331731440
Shut the fuck up, the AC version has the same synth surreal intro and so does the Black Mages version, both which were handled directly by Uematsu

The one in OP is from a live full orchestra Distant Worlds and it's an orchestral arrangement of it
>>
>>331730330

y dis niggas lips loo so gay
>>
>>331730330
why not put source instead of a fucking vocaroo
>>
>>331731665
Why not read the fucking thread?

>>331730885
>>331730481
>>
>>331731561

Wanna' hear some harsh truths there, faggot? Uematsu is losing his touch. Yeah.

Name one song from the latest FF games except Binded by Light without googling.

He's gone from a man who produced solid gold with in every track to a one-hit-wonder.
>>
I've been thinking about the episodic thing they seem to be going for with FF7R.

From what I've heard Midgar will be it's own episode. Now based on said assumption, and the fact that Midgar was about 1/5th of the first disc of the original game, how much do you guys think we'll end up paying for the entire FF7R game?

I would not be surprised if, with all the side-quests and optional shit, pluss the inevitable Aerith DLC and other weirdness, the entire product will cost closer to 800 bucks.

Does this taste foul to anyone else?
>>
>>331731726
kek
I know it's bait and he had nothing to do with FF13, but Uematsu hasn't composed anything really awesome since Lost Odyssey. Never Ending Joruney in particular is even some of his best work to date with dat guitar solo out of nowhere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaCkn9l3Rg4
>>
>>331731726
Not him, but the AC OST is fucking godly. Uematsu knew exactly how to add an popcorn action movie-style twist to his classic tracks and it worked fucking marvelously for the type of movie Advent Children was. It's one of the few things about that movie that went really well.

It has, by far, the best Crazy Motorcycle. I'd even say it surpasses the original; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s3N-GP8uVE.
>>
>>331732128
>that
>better than fucking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrwQPtxR36M
Not even him but you need to immediately end yourself.
>>
>>331731850
>>From what I've heard Midgar will be it's own episode

No, that's baseless speculation based on the fact that they said they would be greatly expanding Midgar as to make it seem like a really big place.

>800 bucks

Now you are just being an idiot. There is no way that they can conceivably charge that much and people to not throw a fit.

I expect MAYBE 300 and I also expect a "complete" edition to come out some time later for much less.

I'm willing to bet that the first game will end with the JENOVA Birth fight and that the whole thing will be four games. Second game ending with the JENOVA Life fight, third game ending shortly after the JENOVA Death fight and the final game containing all the rest.
>>
>>331732223
Crazy motorcycle is actually one of the less well-composed tracks on the FFVII OST, though that has most to do with the tools available at the time. The synth beat doesn't work nearly as well as it does for the other actiony-works like Fighting or Those Who Fight Further. I'm gonna have to agree with >>331732128 here, the AC version is an improvement.

Though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfBsKXh41ww kind of covers the original in a far more faithful way.
>>
>>331732387

I think you're downplaying the jewery of Square somewhat.

Anyone who knows modern SE knows that "greatly expand upon" will mean one new area and a few re-skinned enemies. I can totally see them trying to sell this game for 40 bucks a pop and if the speculation turns out to be correct (and there's no denying that it's possible), that's 600 bucks for the entire game, not including whatever DLC they add onto it. Don't think for a nanosecond Wutai Village will not be DLC.

There will be a complete edition, no doubt, probably something they're going to be throwing out to generate hype for the PS5/PC version. Which might be a little cheaper, but don't hold your breath.

There is absolutely no way they are going to make it to JENOVA Birth on the first episode. At best it'll end in Nibelheim on an "emotional cliffhanger". And even that's a bit of a reach.
>>
>>331732638

I still don't agree with you (or him for that matter) that the AC version was as cool as the original, but I am willing to acknowledge that it's very subjective and I'll even give you that the metal cover you posted was pretty good.
>>
>>331732710
Let's be fair here. Even if all they did was a 1:1 remake of FF7 they would have more content in the game than the majority of releases plus their sequels.
>>
>>331731726
>Name one song from the latest FF games except Binded by Light without googling.

He hasn't even worked on the newest FF games
>>
>>331732917

Oh I'll absolutely agree to that. FF7 is not a short game in any sense, and even if they just copied it, it would be an incredibly long game by today's standards!

That being said, it's not really the issue here. The issue is that you're going to be paying quite a lot of money for that game. And if it hits anywhere between 600 and 800 bucks, you're still paying a fucking lot of money for a game you have essentially already played before but with a few hours extra content.

That might be worth it to you, but you can't argue that it's a very consumer-friendly approach. Especially under the fucking stupid excuse that they can't fit more on the bloody disc.
>>
File: 1457982289770.jpg (71 KB, 338x254) Image search: [Google]
1457982289770.jpg
71 KB, 338x254
>It's a /v/ thinks it knows anything about music composition thread
>>
>>331730330
They better not fag up the slums music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIEsjpTaAB0
>>
>>331733141
>it's a random faggot shitposts like an absolute retard post
*tips*
>>
File: 1445917391285.png (116 KB, 816x587) Image search: [Google]
1445917391285.png
116 KB, 816x587
>>331733106
....why

where

how

in a million years

are you getting the idea

that they are making 600-800 dollars worth of content?

Even saying that they're making three full length games' worth is stretching it, but at least I can believe that.
>>
>>331732710
>Won't make it to Jenova Birth
>make it to Nibelheim

You apparently have never played the game. Jenova Birth is just before Costa Del Sol, you fight it on the ship out of Junon. That's before you even get to the Gold Saucer, which is before Cosmo Canyon, which is before Neibelheim.
>>
>>331733339

As said, Midgar is about 1/5th of the game. I foresee that Midgar will be the first episode. If each episode sells for 40 bucks (which is cutting it kinda' lightly considering its SE's flagship cashcow) that estimates out to roughly 600 bucks.

And that's not including DLC, optional stuff and whatever else they can think of. That's JUST for the main story.
>>
Is the autistic shitposting general thread?
>>
>>331733446

I'll give you that one. I fucked up, and didn't remember when Nibelheim came into the plot. I still don't think they'll make it past Junon though, but based on my obvious retardation I won't argue where exactly they WILL cut it.
>>
>>331733489
...More like 1/6th in terms of overall length. Even being generous and assuming that they add enough content for lets say, 7 episodes as a reference to the title itself, by your model, that still puts us at about $280.

Add in DLC, you MIGHT supercharge it to $330. Where the fuck are you getting $600?
>>
>>331731726
>Uematsu is losing his touch

Uematsu left Square in 2004, retard.
>>
>>331733489
>1/5 of game
>40 bucks per
>40x5 is apparently 600

Right...

You are trying to say that they would make 15 episodes. Even if it wasn't 15 and it was something like 10, they would need to make DLC and charge over 200 dollars worth for what exactly? Costumes I can see, but those usually are at something like .99 to 2 dollars depending.

>>331733630
I actually thought you were going to post that you meant the flashback to Nibelheim and I would have said that it would be the worst possible move they could do since it wouldn't leave people with a good feeling. If anything, a part 1 that only includes Midgar would fair better, as then you can bait people into buying the next with the promise of the world map.
>>
>>331732223
>>331732128
I actually prefer the original motorcycle chase but JENOVA but I prefer the piano version of Those Who Fight
>>
lel
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.