[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just picked up a copy of A Link to the Past and am playing through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
Just picked up a copy of A Link to the Past and am playing through it for the very first time, Just got to the dark world. Gotta say, this game is dank as fuck.

Also god-tier videogame thread.
>>
>>331729895

did you get the ice rod yet?
>>
>>331729895
>picked up a copy

fucking how. It's 25 years old.
>>
>>331729895
This guy gets it.

Good work, OP
>>
>>331729895
>just got to the Dark World
Time for it to all start crumbling down
>>
>>331729895
>dank
Pretty good post outside of this completely unnecessary meme word. Glad you're enjoying a classic.
>>
>>331730091
Used game stores, I picked up a copy last year myself
>>
>>331729895
get Link's Awakening too. Those games are dope.
>>
>>331730204
fine once you get the mirror

also the best theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgpGoh5SqMg
>>
>>331730369
Oracles games are better.
>>
>>331729895
Ah, someone with good taste I see.
>>
>>331730419

but anon.... you can't even get to the dark world without getting the mirror first
>>
>>331730498
i mean the thing that lets you keep your true form instead of being the helpless pink bunny
>>
>god-tier videogame thread
I was just playing Sonic CD, and it's just so fucking fun. I can't even describe how fun it is, or how well the levels utilize physics and momentum. It also has one of the best soundtracks in the series, but I think Sonic Adventure wins on that one.
>>
>>331730091
Yea it set me back $57 bucks but was well worth. Save feature still works too.
>>
>>331729895
Still my favorite Zelda art style and music collection. The quirkiness of the environments and enemies is still pretty singular in my mind, and the music is pretty damn great for SNES with those rich strings and melodiez

When I got to this part as a kid I couldn't sleep that night. I was basically traumatized by the absolute change in atmosphere, and the fucked music (unlike anything I'd ever heard) that came in.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>331730725
Oops, forgot image for "this part", that being the part where you suddenly go to the dark world as a rabbit. Creepy!
>>
>>331729968
nada
>>331730174
Thanks for the approval anon
.>>331730369
I haven't seen a copy of that in years
.>>331730091
I picked it up at my local resale shop. Was just sitting straight up in the glass case, really nice condition too.
>>331730498
I did get the mirror. I wouldn't have gotten the moonstone without it.
>>331730613 I never got around to getting a copy bc sega cds arent cheap nowadays, neither is the game.
>>
Truly one of the best Zelda games, I wish I could play it for the first time again.
>>
>>331730840
It's definitely an experience, I can see why people love it so much. Really wish I was able to play it when I was younger, shit would've been magical. I also needed a break from trying to beat Super Castlevania 4, shits tough as nails.
>>
>>331730840

I used to rent it every weekend. I sucked at it and had to beat it with a Game Genie
>>
I like this game and all but I think Link's Awakening is superior. Has more variety, more interesting world and dungeons. And it all fit on a fucking gameboy cartridge.
>>
>>331731082

It didn't feel as epic as LttP and there was too much humor. Other than that, I rate them just about equally.
>>
>>331729895
I just beat it for the first time today. Eh. I thought a lot of the bosses were tedious. The last 3 or 4 dungeons and/or bosses were less fun than the rest of the game. Nothing was really that difficult, just time consuming things like leaving to get magic potions or falling through floors.
>>
>>331731161
I love LttP but the last few dungeons felt really cookie cutter. Link's Awakening was solid all the way through.
>>
>>331729895
Link to the Past has got to be one of the most overrated games ever made. OoT took everything LttP had and made it better.
>>
>>331730816
If you want to play Sonic CD, you can get it on XBLA/PSN/Steam. The game is rebuilt from the ground up and fixes the minor collision-detection issues of the original version and has much better sprite-scaling in the special stages. The only downside is the opening and ending songs having their lyrics removed, but I personally think the latter sounds better and miles more effective without them.
>>
>>331730462
lol, get the fuck outta here son.
>>
>>331731325

Turtle Rock, cookie cutter? You had to create platforms and travel through pipes! I agree with you otherwise. And that fucking swamp temple was tedious as hell
>>
>>331731391
>no ether, bombos, or quake medallions
>>
This is one of the few games ever made where I can pick it up and play it all the way through, 100% the game and still enjoy it to this day. The enjoyment I get every time is something I can't explain, but few games have ever given me this joy and to me that's what makes it one of the best games ever made to me.
>>
>>331731396
I would but I'd rather play the actually thing. Nothing beats the feel of playing a game the way it was originally intended. Not sure why,but I've always felt that way. The games feel like they lose their charm. That why I collect. Sadly the collection isn't as big as it once was, but I make due.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.