[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I play this game? This is literally the hardest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: help.jpg (52 KB, 290x369) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
52 KB, 290x369
How the fuck do I play this game? This is literally the hardest paradox game ever made. I've played it for many hours and I still suck.

I miss Victoria Empire under the sun. That game was easy. It was straight forward. It was really simple to conquer and to change pops to what you wanted.
>>
It's not that hard. I only played EUIV before this and grasped most of the game fairly quickly
>>
>>331726224
This game is about dynastic management.

It's less about running the state and more about eugenics and fucking your way into power.
>>
>>331726336
My problem with it is. You have to manage too many fucking things. You can't even control more than a few provinces or your vassals get angry.

Sometimes vassals betray you for no reason.

Sometimes your son is an idiot
>>
>>331726224
Go watch a bunch of tutorial videos instead of bitching about your inability to grasp the concepts on here.
>>
I'm honestly baffled that you find Victoria easy but this, Paradox's most casual game, difficult
>>
>>331726554
>for no reason.
There is always a reason or a list of reasons.

You can easily find out what they are just by looking over their relationship.

If they've got higher than an 80 opinion they're a loyalist and go along with just about anything you suggest short of revoking their titles.
>>
>>331726836
And, you have to remember, literally every other character in the game is constantly scheming to get more power
>>
The only thing with this one I have issues with is getting casus belli, it's so hard to expand territory.
>>
>>331726637
I'm talking about VICTORIA 1

That one is easy

Victoria 2 although hard. Is easier than Crusader kings 2 which is the hardest game they've created.

Problem with Victoria 2 is instead of being able to change populations manually and manage factories manually you have to ENCOURAGE pops to convert and you have to ENCOURAGE people to work at a factory.

Fucking bullshit
>>
>>331726224

This game is only a real nightmare because the interface is terrible. Technically it's the best Paradox game but the execution makes me want to vomit. So much promise and for a game actively under developmentt DLC wise they could have actually fixed it by now.

For example troop movement is like playing a substandard flappy birds, a problem fixed in eu4 that should of been back ported to ck2 in one of the endless DLC. There really is no excuse for the state of the user interface as well for this game. It's like someone vomited random, half finished buttons randomly ask over the screen. The realm tree as an example should be a great instant visualisation tool for a new player, instead is just blatantly unfinished and hidden away.

I rage because this could be such an amazing y good game but it'll never be finished despite being constantly expanded
>>
>>331726947
That's another issue with modern paradox games.

In the original victoria game, I could carve out my country however the fuck I wanted it and didn't want to fight for little regions at a time and it didn't have the casus belli bullshit
>>
>>331726929
>literally every other character
Not entirely, they will usually want to better their station but they're not going to outright conspire against you unless they have a trait like Ambitious, Greedy, or Deceitful.

If they have the Content trait they won't try a thing.
>>
Does anyone have a guide for the series that explains all the different solutions to a potential problem.

I can't get any of my kingdoms to make it to the third ruler before my vassals backstab me while I'm trying to get more lands.

How the fuck do I play as Catholic?
>>
>>331727018
See my >>331727087 post. CK2 is actually easier anon, they've just made it virtually impossible for a new player to find the information to learn and enjoy the game.

Even after several hundred hours the game still won't flow because of that interface I like it overall but if never recommend it
>>
>>331726224
>CK2
>Hard
Nigga, take more than 10 seconds to learn the interface before your charge in.
Hell the fucking character screen gives you 75% of the information needed.
>>
File: 1440232500212.jpg (32 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
1440232500212.jpg
32 KB, 189x189
>>331727018
You must be shitting me. How anyone in the fucking world would find CK2 hard? It's fucking lite rpg /risk mix. It's more of role play game than strategy, yet you find it more difficult than Vic and Vic 2.

I call you a fucking bait master, I don't believe anyone could be this incompetent.
>>
Could the Paradox employees please return to work and actually do some quality control rather than shilling to keep the thread post up.

Seriously guys, you know full well how to fix ck2 so people actually want to play it because you did it in Eu4. Or go waste the day doing fucking dev chats and wonder why the next release is broken again.
>>
>This is literally the hardest paradox game ever made
You never played Hearts of Iron?

CK is actually one of the easiest ones, for me at least.
>>
http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Crusader_Kings_II_Wiki
>>
>>331726224
Start as an Irish count with the goal to become King of Ireland. There's a reason fans call Ireland "tutorial island".
>>
File: Menace_of_Axis_V_PS2.jpg (344 KB, 1015x1441) Image search: [Google]
Menace_of_Axis_V_PS2.jpg
344 KB, 1015x1441
>>331728140
>tfw there will never be Heart of Iron's Gundam Mod Gihren ambition style where you have to lead Zeon to victory.

of course I will tell R&D team to stop playing with MA and their newtype shits and start making Gelgoog ASAP
>>
File: P4239385.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
P4239385.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
CKII complicated? Nobody has played HoI3 apparently.

Can't wait for 4. Too bad Paradox suck ass when they first come out.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.