[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there a more delusional group of people than NX fags? >Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Wii U Wind Waker.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wii U Wind Waker.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
Are there a more delusional group of people than NX fags?

>Nintendo outright said in 2013 that they would not replace the Wii U due to poor sales.
>Pretendos like Shokio, Jon Turner, that faggot Josh from the bit block, Emily Rogers, and other retards continue to insist they MUST because they can't stand being fans of a company that isn't popular right now.
>Nintendo announces the code name for their next console, NX, specifically to prevent people from acting as if they are replacing the Wii U with their mobile business.
>People proceed to act as if Nintendo is replacing the Wii U anyway, despite Nintendo outright saying they weren't doing that immediately afterward, again.
>Following E3, idiots say that the Wii U will never again get any new titles
>Enter Color Splash, Pokken, and TPHD, all of which could have easily been at E3 but weren't. Reminder that Zelda U and Pikmin 4 are definitely coming as well. Shitposters ignore this and continue hyping up a console they know nothing about.
>An unverified Nikkei report with no source pops in. Clearly, it proves they were right all along.

Why does anyone care about something they know nothing about? I'd rather just play my Wii U, honestly.
>>
Time to save up your allowance for the NX you poorfag.
>>
>>331714156
The NX hasn't even been announced yet, and due to Nintendo's statement about not abandoning the Wii u, and also them being Nintendo, I highly, highly doubt the NX will be a "replacement." I'm imagining it will be some sort of companion or peripheral console of sorts that will work alongside the existing 3ds/Wii u. That's really the only situation I can imagine that makes sense. Nintendo jumping to a new console this early after the Wii U launch is not something they would do.
>>
>>331714435
I agree, actually. I have a hard time believing they're replacing either platform. 3DS needs to be replaced soon, but not this soon.
>>
I know, right? It's the first time in my life I've really understood how "hardcore" a fan can be. It's not about spending power or obsession, it's that they will buy and want anything made by them.

NX is hyped up only by rumor mills. It's a goshdarn disgrace. Nintendo has said nearly nothing on it and it's the latest way people lie to get publicity and news coverage.
>>
>>331714435
>Nintendo's statement about not abandoning the WiiU

Seen this yet? a Japanese newspaper said that Nintendo is no longer going to be producing more WiiUs. This is the beginning of the end.
http://wiiudaily.com/2016/03/nikkei-wii-u-production-rumor/
>>
>>331714808
Oh BS! Top comment and Newest comment on the comments both disprove it. You seriously believe that?

Read this: http://wiiudaily.com/2016/03/nikkei-wii-u-production-rumor/#comment-2584279875
I'm on mobile so I can't copy and paste it well. Someone turn that comment into an image for me please?
>>
>>331714808
And that's been debunked already. Nintendo 'fansites' have been proving themselves to be extremely unreliable.

Take Tamaki, for example. These were the people promoting him as a reliable source of information in the industry, and what happens? He proves himself, time and time again, to be a piece of shit who makes things up for attention.

Also, the story came from NEOgaf, which in itself really kills it's credibility.
>>
>a few seconds ago
Rekt m8️
fantastic timing
http://gonintendo.com/stories/254578-nintendo-denies-reports-of-wii-production-ending

Nintendo has already denied it holy heck. Read it and wept.
>>
>>331715304

NEOgaf, who translated the article.

But yeah... good point.
>>
>>331715126
Let's see. Should I believe a reputable paper, or some random fanboy doing damage control?

>>331715383
Nintendo will not admit the truth this early. They denied reports of Wii being discontinued months before they announced it themselves.
>>
>>331715543
They adjusted it to sound a lot more suggestive than it was, in my opinion.

>>331715583
Then that begs the question... where would Nikkei have gotten that information, since Nintendo has demonstrated that they're not willing to share it?

Remember, Nikkei has already been caught lying about the company in the past (They were the ones to come up with the "NX runs off of Android!" Rumor, only for Nintendo to BTFO them a couple of days later.

There's also a number of other factors to consider. If NX is coming out THAT soon... why are notable third party devs talking about not having dev kits? We know that, following the Wii U launch, that third party devs were provided with dev kits far ahead of time. More than a year, I believe.

The people who have announced they DO have dev kits, amusingly enough, are known 3DS eshop developers. Very suggestive, isn't it?
>>
>>331714156
>N-Nintendo said
Reggie: Nintendo won't be releasing an upgraded handheld anytime soon
>3 months later 3DS XL announced
Iwata: We learned from the 3DS launch that we must have games ready along a new console
>Wii U releases with a shit library

I don't give a fuck what Nintendo says, NX is releasing somewhere between November 2016- March 2017 and Zelda U will be the Wii U's last decent title.
>>
>>331715583
But the paper also once said that the NX would be android based and said that Nintendo would post lower financials, as well as some other dumb stuff. They have a history for getting it wrong, I don't think it will hold true.

Now if someone else said the same thing independently...
>>
>>331716106
XL wasn't an upgrade, it just had a bigger screen. New 3DS was the upgrade. It's more of a case of Nintendo knowing more than we did, at the time. Would you call the XL a 'upgrade' when you knew that the New 3DS was in development?

And yes, Wii U had a much better launch line up than 3DS. NSMBU and Nintendoland were great.
>>
New 3DS was needed because the 2011 3DS hardware didn't cut it anymore.

Earthbound for VC New 3DS only (as in not the regular 3DS. It's on the WiiU VC) releases this week or next week.

Too bad we can't hack into it and do stuff like fix Cave Story's lame translation and spice up Super PMD.
>>
>>331714156
>people itt actually think Nintendo isn't killing the Wii U this year

it's baffling how stupid you have to be for this. i'm a nintendrone through-and-through but even i can tell that if you honestly believe that the NX isn't replacing the Wii U this year then you are beyond saving
>>
>people saying "But Nintendo have denied it!" as though that's proof of anything

What are they supposed to say? "Yes, we're going to discontinue that console this year, please don't buy it any more because we won't be supporting it for much longer." You people are actually fucking retarded if you think a denial from Nintendo actually means anything.
>>
File: tommy.png (39 KB, 212x200) Image search: [Google]
tommy.png
39 KB, 212x200
>>331716461
>XL wasn't an upgrade, it just had a bigger screen
>wasn't an upgrade
>bigger screen
>>
It's not like the news source was very reliable either.

I can't wait for the NX to release and not replace the New 3DS or the WiiU. It's going to be some extra hardware thing that's handy but runs the same stuff or does extra stuff too, I'm sure of it. It's not going to be major.
>>
>>331717050
>New 3DS was needed because the 2011 3DS hardware didn't cut it anymore.

There's only one New 3DS exclusive game, and that's Xenoblade Chronicles. So for 99.9% of the library, yest the original hardware could hack it.

And you can play emulated Earthbound at full speed on a hacked Old 3DS so I hope you weren't trying to imply that has anything to do with the power of the console and not Nintendo just being absolute Jews.
>>
>>331717941
gibe proof plox

I mean seriously. Please. Prove it. I want to learn that it's true. Source or you are a dirty, dirty liar.
>>
(I meant the thing about Earthbound running fine on the regular 3DS by the way.)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.