[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evolve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: oh.jpg (22 KB, 630x178) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
22 KB, 630x178
>Oh shit Evolve is on sale! The multiplayer must be alive agai-oh...
>>
What were they thinking? The ability to add dlc has really gone to some developers heads. Sucks they try to justify releasing unfinished games now
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M4RwGwQslM

lol
>>
>>331709665
you do realize that whole fiasco was because of one person who got fired from the company and then dumped the entire planned dlc release schedule on day 1. that being said, the game would have sold way more if it was $40 with two $20 season passes. at this point i think theyre just using the small dedicated playerbase (at least on pc's) to fully balance the game before a permanent price drop (if theyre smart - to $20)
>>
>>331709451

Waaaaaaaaaait a minute!

Didn't they kill the servers a while ago?
>>
>>331709862
This is Overwatch's future.
>>
>>331711031
no?
i played this like 50 hours in the month after it came out and still play a few rounds a week.
>>
>release an incredibly half-baked game with really shitty, gay gameplay
>literally expect players to pay you $150 for it

It might've worked if it had the CAWADOODY name attached.
>>
>>331713621
>shitty, gay gameplay
are you a child?
>>
>>331713621
>$150
Correct on that regard.
>shitty, gay gameplay
Lolno.
It's repetitive after a while and boring in some situations, but it's definitely not that.
>>
4v1 where the 1 gets overpowered as shit so long as he manages to not get gibbed in the first 5 minutes? sounds lame as fuck. basically it's the gang of bullies on the playground looking for the scared little pussy, but if he can avoid being beat up for 5 minutes he gets to the teacher and wins
>>
>>331711331
You wish
Blizzshits won't let it die, no matter how bad it is
>>
>>331714092
are you ACTUALLY a child? kid, get off this site.
>>
>on sale for 10 bucks

Holy shit what an embarrassment. Why couldn't they just get to work on a new L4D?
>>
>>331713940
playing as a monster is a bit repetitive, playing as a hunter always feels fresh though. its the only game that actually requires you to work as a team to do well. or, in the monsters case, to plan against team strategies.
>>
File: darkseid said ha ha.jpg (76 KB, 331x336) Image search: [Google]
darkseid said ha ha.jpg
76 KB, 331x336
>>331709862
>this is a gamers game
>>
>>331715160

>its the only game that actually requires you to work as a team to do well

what
>>
>>331709451
They could give the game away for free and nobody would be playing it. At this point, the only thing most people know about Evolve is that it has DLC out the ass and it's massively grindy. Even with the base game for free, you're still looking at hundreds of dollars of DLC or hundreds of hours playing the same match to unlock anything.
>>
>>331715160
Basically, this.
>Monster plays the same every game
>Run and eat
>Figure out where Hunters are and NOT be there
>Keep out of birds and other problematic spots
>Try to get to at least level 2 before first confrontation, ideally dump on the goal before they even touch you once
>Just play a hide and go seek as the hider until they find you
>Then try to knock them around enough to escape without them easily tailing you, which is near-impossible given some of the newer characters
And Hunters are always varied depending on composition, enemy, and where they are.
>Spread out in packs of 2 ideally
>get tracking, trapping, and prepping
>Get them in an open spot and party without death
It's a good game, it's just the whole execution is totally fucked.
>>
>>331716021
it's a good concept, not a good game
>>
>>331716153
Eh, same thing as what I meant.
>>
>>331716021
>>331716153
I've heard that it is fun, it's just - as you pointed out - repetitive. And the large number of repetitions required to unlock content in-game without buying DLC was just absurd, so most people were just playing the basic monster and hunters until they gave up.
>>
>>331716412
It's decent with friends if they're good sports about it.
>Rotate who plays the Monster
>Rotate party roles as well, since most people don't like being shoed into one or 2 roles.
Unless they get like "Come on out, this is getting boring."
Cause then they're missing the whole point.
>>
>>331709451
Still way better than Eternal Cucksade.
>>
>>331709451
>tfw bought it day one because normie friends were hyped as fuck about it
>we played like, 5 matches
>realized 80% of the time it's either we find the monster and kill it in the first 3 minutes or we're running after that damn thing for about 20 minutes to then get utterly destroyed by it
>day 2
>friend asks if someone wants to play a round evolve
>everyone replied with "nah,not really"
>he replies with "yeah, me neither"
>never touched the game since then.

It's literally my least played AAA game I've ever bought.
>>
>>331711331
Yeah, everything evolve did overwatch is doing it again.
>>
>>331716021
>all video games are pressing buttons and staring at a screen
dude, being a reductionist isnt going to get you anywhere. the fun is in actually playing it. i got about 40 hours in this game before i felt it repetitive, so now i just play it casually because it feels fresh every time now.
>>
>>331711331
I like how /v/ keeps underestimating the autism that blizzard fans have. I don't understand this with overwatch since all you have to pay for is the game and cosmetic stuff.
>>
>>331711331
except overwatch has actual gameplay.

people here will shit on anything for any reason, I swear.
>>
>>331714092
>gets to the teacher
>not brings a gun to school
apply yourself, try harder next time.
>>
File: 94354378234.png (116 KB, 478x357) Image search: [Google]
94354378234.png
116 KB, 478x357
>>331717397
We all learned the hard way to never jump on the bandwagon with new games from large studios. They usually have very little content and are cash grabs.
>>
>>331709862
Jesus, that's hard to watch.
>>
>>331719084
>>331714745
Oh my god, i guess you are right look >>331719594 he is doing it already without even realize he is walking into evolve with a silly moustache and a sombrero.
>>
>>331720216
give me a list of comparisons between evolve and overwatch.
go on, I will wait.
>>
>>331709451
Did they ever fix that the best way to win as monster is dropship wipe right at the start because balance is too hard.
>>
>>331720216
>world of warcraft
>heroes of the storm
>diablo 3 autism catapulted this game to 30million+ sales
I really don't get why people keep underestimating the community and the name Blizzard since it's pretty much a household name nowadays
>>
>>331720946
also starcraft 2 legacy of the void sold successfully while releasing at the same time as fallout 4
>>
>>331720379
>multiplayer only
>full retail price
>microtransactions
>future characters to be added and sold separatedly
>no singleplayer
>>
>>331711331
>Blizzdrones
No anon.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.