[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was the marketing for the Wii U so bad? Will they market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: gnogo.gif (650 KB, 540x398) Image search: [Google]
gnogo.gif
650 KB, 540x398
Why was the marketing for the Wii U so bad?
Will they market the NX better?
>>
>>331706846
The marketing for the Wii U fell on its face right out of the gate because of its fucking name.
>>
>>331706846
>Why was the marketing for the Wii U so bad?
Crappy name. The Gamestop in my area used to have a sign informing customers that it was a new system and not an add-on to the Wii
>Will they market the NX better?
Doubtful
>>
>>331706846
>Why was the marketing for the Wii U so bad?
What marketing?
>>
>>331706846
>the console and its name is revealed
>its a laughingstock
>no one says one good thing about the name
>they never take any of the negative response in consideration and just go full speed with the name
>unsurprisingly people don't realize it's a new system
>>
>>331706846
the problem with the wii u is its low specs.
No third parties were interested on it. The rest is just the snowball effect
>>
The name was one thing, but the biggest issues were that Nintendo believed they could coast along with the audience it gained from the Wii's gimmick, except their new gimmick wasn't nearly as compelling and the audience in question had moved on anyway, on top of the fact that it repeated the Wii's decision of having hardware with last-gen power making it impossible for games made for the PS4/XBone to work on it, which made most third parties decide to not bother in the first place.
>>
>All Nintendo has to do is call it the Nintendo *insert thing here*

that's all

but no

it'll have some retarded name
>>
I don't know if any kind of marketing about the NX is going to save it. I really think it's going to be a shit box.

I have never been so pessimistic about Nintendo. I'm expecting a low-end smartphone that uses Nintendo-branded Chromecast.
>>
>>331706846
They have to, they can't try to piggy back off the Wii brand and drop advertising altogether like they did with the Wii U
>>
>>331706846
After the shitstain that was the Wii U, who in the right mind would fucking trust the next piece of shit to crawl out of Nintendo's anus?
>>
>>331707453
This, Nintendo was way too fucking overconfident with Wii U. They thought that they had a good thing going with Wii and didn't realize that it was more or less a temporary fluke that wouldn't last forever.
>>
>>331708258
The early internet rumors that Nintendo was working on a POWER7 CPU really didn't help when the actual specs were revealed.
>>
NX marketing will be memes. Screencap this.
>>
>>331706846
It left the consumers confused on what he hell it was and for those who did believed it was just extending the wii's life span which it in fact did, the tablet controller didn't sell because unlike the wii it wasn't revolutionary, actual games didn't make its way until 2 years later. It had potential but it failed in the end.
>>
>>331708932
not in japan at least, maybe NoE

fuck nost-Lincoln NoA
>>
>>331706846
A substantial amount of people were convinced that the gamepad was a peripheral for the regular Wii.

I think Nintendo scaled back on marketing, because they knew that they would be "The second console".
>>
IF and I mean IF they want the NX to be successful, it has to be at LEAST as powerful as the PS4 and they need to bury the Wii brand. Just give us a regular console without gimmicks. Also, have some good 1st party ready at launch besides Mario. Lastly, even if you have to grease some hands with cash, get 3rd party support on board.
>>
They HAVE to realize that Wii brand is practically dead now, right? They cannot be so stupid that they use it again, right?
>>
>>331711401
Witchdoctor Reggie said the NX's real name isn't Wii again at least
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.