[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I'm playing LittleBigPlanet for the first time. Its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: littlebigplanet.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1150) Image search: [Google]
littlebigplanet.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1150
Okay, I'm playing LittleBigPlanet for the first time. Its unreliable physics-based platforming is very irritating. Its twee aesthetic is as obnoxious as fuck. Its score-attack based gameplay seems fundamentally broken, given that it doesn't tell you your previous scores or properly compare you to the leaderboards (e.g. are you in the top 10% or whatever?)

I love platformers. Recently, I finished Shovel Knight, Crash 1 & 2 and Ratchet & Clank. But this seems so obviously lacking.

Am I missing something? How did this game get 95 on Metacritic and 10 in Edge?
>>
Level Editor.
>>
>>331704296
I'm not a fan of those. Is it Klik N Play for the 21st century? Meh.
>>
Yeah the big selling point of this game was the level editor, they really played up the whole "you can make ANYTHING!" angle.

The actual gameplay is very sub-par
>>
>>331705428
That's funny because it's one of the few games Miyamoto said he wished he made
>>
>>331705428
I might just give up on it then. Bit of a shame, really.

Is Tearaway any better as a pure platforming game? I know it was by the same devs.
>>
Why didn't you get 3? It's literally LBP1 + LBP2 + more shit and exclusive characters. Even if you got it for PS4 you could still play levels from the previous 2.

>>331705540
Source?
>>
>>331705975
Isn't 3 the worst one?
>>
>>331705975
Well, I own all three, just catching up on my backlog. I assume if I don't like the first one then I won't like any of them.
>>
>>331705831
I liked Tearaway, but don't expect any tight Mario-type platforming from it.
>>
>>331706072
I came out broken in 2014 and happens to be shorter, but it still has a lot of new stuff and 3 new characters to play as.

I found some comunity levels to be fun.
>>
File: mm.jpg (144 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
144 KB, 1000x500
>>331705540
Well then I'm glad we ended up with the superior level creator.
>>
>>331706072
I'm what regards? Story has never been a deciding factor for these games. The gameplay is the same plus more shit like climbing and more tools and 3D levels. The new characters aren't much of a selling point though. The crashes have been fixed at least on PS4.

>>331706072
People say the first has more charm. To me the latest one should be the starter because it contains everything of the previous two.
>>
>>331704193
OMG IT'S NOT FAIR HOW DID THIS GAME GET A GREAT SCORE IT'S NOT LIKE ALL THE OTHER PLATFORMERS OUT THERE ORIGINAL GAMES CAN NEVER BE GREAT WE MUST REHASH BECAUSE IM A NINTENDO FAN REEEE
>>
>>331706725
This is nothing to do with Nintendo, he even said he liked Crash and Ratchet which were on PS consoles
>>
>>331706725
Nah, I just bought a PS3 fairly recently and catching up with the games I've missed out on and don't get it.

As I've said, I've recently played through Crash 1&2 and Ratchet & Clank 1 and enjoyed them. If it cheers you up, I'm not much of a fan of Mario Galaxy either.

Got Sly Trilogy still to play. Will probably pick up Jak trilogy at some point.too.
>>
File: 1458696413717.png (89 KB, 415x544) Image search: [Google]
1458696413717.png
89 KB, 415x544
>>331707039
Talking abotu PS platformers, have you ried Ape Escape? its not on PSN but if you have a old PS1/2 or an emulator, you could try it

>>331704193
talking about LBP, has any of you ever wanted to fuck Eve?
>>
>>331707165
Ape Escape isn't on PSN. But, yeah, it's one of the major PS1 games that I missed out on of the era. I'll probably pick it up eventually when I have my PSX set up.
>>
>>331706221
Nintendo stealing ideas and rehashing them like usual, and on a dead console no less
>>
>>331704193
IT WAS SO FUN PLAYING LBP AS A KID, I WAS MERELY 10 YEARS OLD
>>
>>331705428
>you can do anything

You sure can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCrvaqLUpAU&t=15m10s
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.