[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do gamers have such shit taste in music? Every single review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
Why do gamers have such shit taste in music? Every single review of every single game by every single outlet - users, publications, critics - says something about "WOAH THE SOUNDTRACK IS SO GREAT" even when most of the time the soundtrack is completely garbage or completely unremarkable. Why bother commenting on it when you don't know shit about it?

Also, most videogame soundtracks are UTTER garbage. Sorry I had to inform you of that.

Pic related.
>>
BANANA TIGER? BANANA TIGER
>>
Are you telling me you don't like the King of the Ring OP?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBRsG9-m9jE
>>
>>331696612
nice meme
>>
What exactly do you consider good then? If you think most orchestral soundtracks are shit, I agree. Nothing but reused generic "epic" sounds.
>>
File: 15846158.png (1 MB, 1041x561) Image search: [Google]
15846158.png
1 MB, 1041x561
>ride through the forrest on a horse
>some small fag fifteen meters away
>battle theme starts playing
>UAH UAH UAH UAH~
>miss the little monster fag
>battle theme stops playing
>back to ambience
>>
>>331698158
delet this
>>
All videogame soundtracks are shit, sorry. Melodrama compressed to CR-2 levels of dynamic flatness in order to accommodate the constant din of dialogue and in-game sounds.

No dynamics, sorry. It's shit.
>>
>>331697906
The only good soundtracks are:
TES: Morrowind/Oblivion
Guild Wars
Journey
AC: Syndicate
>>
>>331698518
>AC:Syndicate
kek

Also Hotline Miami, MGSV and Bloodborne.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHIkUzmNmc0
>>
>>331698158
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFufoOgCMW8
>>
Why the fuck is Sinistar on that album cover
>>
>>331698698
>those three picks
fucking embarrassing, you haven't even heard the soundtrack to Syndicate have you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l4yE7tByxY

see this shit is what I'm talking about: you just know that AC is shit so you just assume the music is shit. you're fucking worthless as a human being
>>
Look it's another shitposting thread.
>>
>>331698819
AC:Syndicate has some good music, but the best tracks are nowhere to be found in the game.

Also those three picks are good.
>>
RULES OF NATURE
>>
>>331698938
Bloodborne maybe. There are occasional tracks I thought were good but if it's like Dark Souls there are some FUCKING AWFUL ones.
MGS has always had garbage music, and HM is just mediocre garbage.
>>
>>331699031
>if it's like Dark Souls

You haven't played it.

Also MGSV's licensed tracks are awesome.
>>
>>331698819
Decent music, but knowing AC it's going to be hard to notice with all the other shit going on.

>>331699197
Licensed tracks shouldn't ever really count.
>>
>>331699197
>You haven't played it.
bingo
I don't have a PS4 so I settled for 2BF playthrough (never finished that shit though)
what like Oldfield? Nuclear is a fucking KC ripoff
>>
File: 1442926991336.png (100 KB, 251x238) Image search: [Google]
1442926991336.png
100 KB, 251x238
>>331698724
Well done
>>
I liked the ost of Gothic and Gothic 2.
>>
>>331698698
MGSV has a great ost but unless you're playing with headphones you literally cannot hear it most of the time
>>
>>331699346
Oldfield isn't in the game though
>>
>>331699303
>Licensed tracks shouldn't ever really count.

Oh, then there's only one song I remember from the whole game - Return, and it's just generic 'epic' game track with some dark vibe in it
>>
>>331699792
Yeah MGSV didn't actually have the greatest soundtrack, it had nice licensed music. Even that licensed music kind of broke the timeline of the game though
>>
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21 KB, 500x246
Because gaymers in general don't have taste about anything.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.