[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stellaris Thread Release Date: May 9th, 2016 Developer: Para
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: StellarisTitleBanner.jpg (318 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
StellarisTitleBanner.jpg
318 KB, 1920x1080
Stellaris Thread
Release Date: May 9th, 2016
Developer: Paradox Interactive
Genre: 4x Grand Strategy

New Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biS4AmnS1BY

Dev Diary Chronicles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgmeAlzX0no

What are your plans for first playthrough, /v/?
>>
Article discussing crisis.

http://www.pcgamer.com/unlocking-the-best-tech-in-stellaris-might-destroy-the-universe/

So from the looks of it we have:
>AI uprising across the entire galaxy (Not just your faction) so we could see something akin to Geth or Cylon
>Dimensional warps ala Chaos or some space Lovecraft shit
>Galactic invasions ala Reapers, Tyranids, Yuuzhan Vong
>Ringworlds
>>
>>331694982
Hopefully those you listed aren't the only ones. There should be at least a half dozen ideally.
>>
>>331694982
>implying all of those things won't be DLC's for 19,99$

buy now goy
>>
>>331694094
i just want to make Space Britain and enslave as many unique races as i can
>>
>>331695479
u mad peasant
>>
File: portraits.png (1 MB, 845x1585) Image search: [Google]
portraits.png
1 MB, 845x1585
>>331695479
go home /gsg/
>>
>>331695663
I was really excited to see that the characters portraits are actually full animated. Immersion level increased.
>>
>>331695345
What other ones could there be? This covers a broad spectrum of major things and sci-fi disaster tropes.

I guess you could have something akin to a virus that only targets specific pops and could be engineered and used against another race, which would be the equivalent of using nukes and gain galactic condemnation. Sort of like Krogan in Mass Effect. Thus it would be a targeted and created crisis.

Also maybe uncovering a tomb on a planet which "awakens" a slumbering race in tombs on many other worlds, like Necrons which are very advanced species hellbent on killing all.
>>
File: r35234652.gif (14 KB, 256x300) Image search: [Google]
r35234652.gif
14 KB, 256x300
>>331695663
>>331695592
You can't fool me, Abraham
>>
>>331695908
There are a lot of possibilities, but he specifically said in the first video at the end that super/doomsday weapons are going to be added in an expansion.
>>
>>331695663
im really hopping that you can get a little variesty when it comes to your leaders portraits. i like that you have different subspecies to choose from within the different "phyla" of mammalian fungoid plant and reptilian but its kinda weird that all of your leaders look the same in addition to the portraits representing your "pop" citizens for tiles, it would be cool if they had one defining accessory, im hoping the footage we have seen thus far isnt indicative of what the final build will be like in regards to this.
>>
>>331696794
Based on past history of video game development in general, I'd say it's not likely. Maybe they'll release a character pack dlc or something. But there's quite a bit already.
>>
>>331694094

Not gonna lie this looks pretty good and I haven't tried one of these games

Seems like the kind of shit you pour hours into
>>
>>331698248
It will be. It should be an interesting game, one full of exploration, politics & warfare.
>>
So is this game going to be a DLC shit fest like all there games now days ?
>>
Just watched the inital developer diary OP posted and I gotta say it doesn't really look like anything special. There are so many space 4x games now that most the stuff sounds pretty natural. Distant Worlds pretty much has all the stuff they mentioned although for some graphics are an issue.
>>331694982
Some of this sounds pretty interesting, but its once again been done before. Evil faction rises up and is super powerful and scary. I think Distant Worlds had some space disease event as well thought I may be wrong on that.
>>331695663
These are pretty fucking awesome though if those are all different races.

>>331696794
If anything they'll do exactly what they do with all CK2 and EUIV and release customization/art packs DLC along with expansions.
>>
File: FoR5QnQ.jpg (200 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
FoR5QnQ.jpg
200 KB, 1600x900
>>
>>331701424
this pleases the emperor
>>
>>331701424
>2200 ad
Dropped.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.