[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ONE HOUR UNTIL I KILL MYSELF >ONE HOUR UNTIL I KILL MYSELF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
ONE HOUR UNTIL I KILL MYSELF

>ONE HOUR UNTIL I KILL MYSELF

Well, /v/? Are you ready to find out the truth? Is the time now?

Is the final hour upon us?
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 298x169
Why wait?
>>
>5 hours for routine maintenance of a fighting game server
The fuck, MMO's take less time.
>>
why are you setting yourself up for disappointment?
>>
>>331692810
It won't be the march update. NorCal Regionals is this weekend and I don't see them dropping such a huge patch right before that. I figure next tuesday it'll hit, or maybe right after the tournament ends (so they can show a trailer with the whole "go buy him now" ending).

They're working on something big though, maybe prepping the servers for the update? Usually the downtime isn't this large.
>>
>>331692810
What are you trying to imply here, mate? Nothing is coming, and if anything, rankings are just going to get adjusted without quitters.
>>
>>331692810
Could be the update sinces its a Tuesday but dont get your hopes up
>>
>>331693003
The devs don't give a shit. the last time it was down they extended it for another 3-4 hours kek.
>>
>>331693003
Of course they do, there's no fucking gameplay.
>>
>>331693252
Are tournaments going to fuck up every DLC character's release? What the fuck does it matter? The update has to come out sometime and it's just going to affect the the next tournament.

There are tournaments around every fucking corner, are they going to tiptoe around each and every one?
>>
>>331693252
>>331693532
There will be a major every weekend for the whole weekend now globally.

They cant delay it because of that. Its not even a proper balance patch. They are fixing some bugs and preventing some homo jump OS. Thats it.
If the tournament organizers are that concerned about Alex they could just ban him for that event.

I think they are simply not done. SFV was clearly unfinished on launch so chances are they are still working on essential shit, like menus, lobbies and netcode.
>>
>>331693532
>are they going to tiptoe around each and every one?
it's been made plainly obvious they've thrown reason and logic out the window in order to move forward the whole 'esports' scene

this is a big thing for vidya devs. making games is one thing, making games that take center stage in some world series of bullshit is a whole new song and dance, and it's a song and dance that puts dollar signs in the eyes of the publisher

as a consumer you are just an annoyance standing between companies and your wallet
>>
>>331693742
ya because they want to make money. And people buy more than one account on cs:go. they don't need you.
>>
>>331693483
do you know what is a server maintenance? it's a save of the data + a reboot of the server exe. a patch is literally just a copy paste or, if they are good, a disk swap.
>>
>>331693729
>implying the patch isn't complete

There's no way it's come to that.
>>
>>331694421
I am convinced that Alex was ready for months now, but that patch has a bit more in it than just him.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.