[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we agree now that he's an one trick pony?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: onp.jpg (25 KB, 440x640) Image search: [Google]
onp.jpg
25 KB, 440x640
>>
>>331687238
But he has already made two masterpieces.
>>
>>331687389
Yeas, but they were essentially the same game. Hence one trick.
>>
I guess I will start my vacation away from /v/ today.
>>
>>331687238
Absolutely. He probably doesn't even know what made his games good.
>>
he likes fat american money
>>
What do you mean?
>>
>>331687238
>pony
BARNEYFAG LEAVE NOW
>>
Yea it seems he got lucky but the games seem to be more of the same with slight improvements which isn't a bad thing

Can't stick to that formula forever though
>>
>>331687238
better than being a zero trick pony, like every faggot itt
>>
I thought he could do no wrong.
What happened?
>>
>>331687238
I absolutely hate that ridiculous tuff of hair on his chin and neck. Pisses me off every time I see a picture of him, it's like he missed a bit while shaving and then never bothered to finish the job.
>>
File: armored core.png (430 KB, 384x474) Image search: [Google]
armored core.png
430 KB, 384x474
>>331687495
He's responsible for the best AC game too
>>
You think we'll ever get a game in the style of Evergrace from them again?
Would be fun to see them tackle it like an adventure title.
>>
>>331687238
>Fromdrones never shut up about Dark Souls being a masterpiece
>Retards whining about difficulty make game into meme, starts selling well on Steam
>/v/irgins eat up all the GOTY editions
>company continues to make more of a profitable franchise

Do you not see the connection?
>>
>>331689874
What's maddening is sometimes he will regress on good design.

Example: bonfires in DaS allowed you to refill potions, level up, manage equipment, and reset the zone without going through loading screens. This was an improvement over DeS. Yet he went back to the DeS style hub world for BB. I'm convinced he does not know what he's doing.
>>
File: EGCvnVv8_.png (63 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
EGCvnVv8_.png
63 KB, 520x390
>tfw we'll never see a director's cut of DaS with finished lord soul areas
>>
>>331687238
I don't think he's a one trick pony.
>>
>>331690413
Wasn't BB supposed to be a spiritual successor to the gameplay style of DeS? Same reason there was no refilling potions
>>
>>331687238
god damn that neckbeard is so fucking disgusting looking
>>
File: shit.jpg (34 KB, 381x474) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
34 KB, 381x474
>>331690069
And the worst
>>
File: Miyazaki and Reddit.png (71 KB, 1584x1246) Image search: [Google]
Miyazaki and Reddit.png
71 KB, 1584x1246
>>331687238
>>
Well Souls games are made from multiple ponies (Pony of melee combat, pony of atmosphere, RPG pony etc) so even if he can only make great Souls games that's already five or six ponies right there.
>>
>>331687238
Like every game director.
>>
>>331690413
In Dark Souls they sacrificed 'graphics' to ensure the consoles could handle loading in areas fast enough, and therefore allowing the game to be one completely intertwined world.

By the time Bloodborne was being made, FromSoft games had become a mainstream appeal, and they likely acknowledged that general audiences would be more offended by mediocre graphics than having to load in a hub area to level up etc. It's depressing, and I'm not pardoning FromSoft, but at the same time games do cost a lot of money to make and they would have to be completely unphased by the loss of sales due to less shiny graphics.
>>
>>331692227
Stop bumping your own thread faggot.
>>
File: 1347739515750.jpg (32 KB, 533x430) Image search: [Google]
1347739515750.jpg
32 KB, 533x430
>>331687238
why is he so qt?

>>331692227
every Kamiya game is different tho
>>
>>331690069
The ac series sucks tho
>>
File: caged laff.gif (2 MB, 187x155) Image search: [Google]
caged laff.gif
2 MB, 187x155
>pre-DS3
>our lord Miyazaki can do no wrong fuck B-team

>not
>fucking hack 20 hour game reused assets from BB holy fucking hack
>>
>>331690069
Best Fromsoftware game and best mecha game imo.
A real masterpiece.
>>
>>331687238
> an one
>>
>>331690413
The Nexus in DeS and the bonfires in DaS gave the games completely different feelings. The Nexus made it feel like you were setting out on an expedition to a place where you couldn't possibly exist for long while also being grey and dingy like the prison it was.

Bonfire's made the world feel more connected and open like you were on an adventure as opposed to the constant oppressive feeling from Demon's Souls. I guess you could argue it's not as good mechanically but I enjoy the "setting out on an deathly expedition" feel of DeS more than the "adventure" feel DaS. You're right as far as annoyance goes but it makes up for it with experience delivered.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.