[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy XII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
Reminder that this game was eons better than FFX.

Give this game a chance if you haven't played it. You'll thank yourself for it.
>>
>>331681953
It's only good if you like shit characters and offline mmo combat
>>
>>331681953
It's only good if you like storming through content only to realise you're way underleveld with no way to grind because last safepoint put you in front of a boss you cant beat
>>
>>331681953
Zodiac job system was amazing
>>
>>331683064
>Calling any FFXII character shit

>Tidus and Waka exist
>>
I really liked it, but game noticeably gets more tedious in say the last 3rd for me. Liked the game play and setting, story needing filling in more for me
>>
>Battle system is too much like an MMO, and the Gambit system essentially does all the work for you
>Uninteresting and impersonal story
>Vayne is a dull politician who just talks too much but doesn't even say anything interesting, and is so far removed that we don't even know why he is the main antagonist. No one in the party even has a personal vendetta with him
>Vaan and Penelo are entirely useless
>Lack of character interaction. It's awkward to see a band of characters that barely seem to know each other, even at the end
>Licenses a shit
>Environments are boring
>Game feels incomplete with sidestories that go nowhere

Generally, it just doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy at all, but a poor slapped together game with the logo stapled on
>>
>>331683567

>storming through the game

you will never beat the Elder Wyrm without grinding.
>>
>camera left right reversed with no fix
>shitty progression system
>shitty overdrive system
>shitty mana system
>shitty pacing
>shitty characters
The game was shit
>>
>12 was better than 10 and any 13 title
>still no rerelease
There is no justice on this earth.
>>
post Fran
>>
>>331683840

the characters do not need to interact with each other and the story does not necessarily signify that they should.
>>
So shitty game is better than other shitty game?
>>
>>331683904
>shitty overdrive system
>shitty mana system
what the fuck are you going on about?
>>
>>331684181
The moment you unlocked your first overdrive your mana FUCKING DOUBLED

Overdrives were literally a dull roulette qte that do nothing but damage, boring as fuck compared to the variety from X and yet still made the game easy as fuck
>>
>>331684343

you will never beat the game with a reduced mana pool. With the extra you get through quickenings, it will allow you to beat shit and keep your party topped well enough as you will deplete your MP pretty damn quickly if you do not equip anything that reduces cost.
>>
>>331684682
Yes obviously
That's why it's shit

Running around in circles for five minutes in the sandsea to restore mp between every fight was disgusting
>>
>>331681953
Reminder that this is currently the best ff, and will likely stay that way.
>>
>>331683840
>environments are boring

What bad taste
>>
>>331683567
> he doesn't explore when given a chance

It's your own fault, anon.
>>
Judging by this thread, I can safely say the majority of people posting in it, have not played the game. I don't know why this still surprises me on /v/.
>>
>>331684820

you did not even need to do that. Just stock up on Ether, you will never ever run out of them and they are cheap. That and just go to the next save point.
>>
>>331685164
No shit, but unless you're reading a guide there's no way of knowing that you're about to enter a two hour long stretch with no savepoints
>>
>>331685224

even all the non places require not much MP consumption unless you are tunneling through the game and the enemies are too much for you current pool of skills. Personally I have not had MP issues outside of bossfights on all versions of the game.
>>
>>331681953
It's one of my favorites, but not completely without flaws
For instance, the summons. I get that the summons are supposed to be these big creatures of legend that you summon, but half the time they wander off doing something weird, get taken down - or your character does - or they use their ultimate move far later than needed.

I'm also still disappointed that there's no Bangaa or Seeq teammate
>>
>>331683904
>camera left right reversed with no fix
>play on emulator
>map analogue stick backwards
>>
>>331685659
>implying that's any kind of defense for something so utterly inexcusable
>>
>>331681953
Time passing doesn't make a game better. It was shit, still shit, and FFX is the best FF game ever made.
>>
>>331686103
Please be joking... The only good part about that game was Blitzball.
>>
File: My fucking sides.png (2 MB, 2472x2164) Image search: [Google]
My fucking sides.png
2 MB, 2472x2164
>>331686103
>FFX is the best FF game ever made.
>>
>>331686175
>best combat in series
>best progression system in series
>best worldbuilding in series
>coolest endgame in series
>story featuring a variety of interesting themes
>diverse and dynamic cast
>>
File: final fantasy x logo.jpg (781 KB, 1775x1152) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy x logo.jpg
781 KB, 1775x1152
>>331686474
Hallway: The Game
>>
>>331681953

it's good but leading up to pharos all the cutscenes die out and you feel like you're playing a bunch of bland humanoids again.
>>
>>331681953

FFXII is my favorite game in the series, and it wasn't even my first. I don't understand why /v/ hates it so much.
>>
>>331686719
So what? All previous games were the same. Final fantasy isn't some open world sandbox. 12 might have the occasional low-effort sidequest in another map, but it's just the same.
>>
I can't stand how fucking boring FFs games are for the first few hours anymore.
I used to be able to take it, but I get flashbacks to XIII's 20+ hours of fucking corridors before opening up and can't get into it.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.