[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You have to do a Ted Talks >The subject needs to be about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: TED_FCPX_FCPWORKS.jpg (578 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TED_FCPX_FCPWORKS.jpg
578 KB, 1920x1080
>You have to do a Ted Talks
>The subject needs to be about vidya
>Needs to be all off the top of your head, you can't do any research

What do you talk about?
>>
Misandry in modern video game culture
>>
>>331676972
How 343 Industries is the devil.

I have a lot of facts to back that up.
>>
>>331676972
Narration in vidya games. I would start with The stanley parabable and compare it to Don Quijote.
>>
How video games are for nerds.
>>
Curse of weaboo games
>>
I filibuster to myself all the time. It's like I'm asleep, really. I'll stop after like 4-5 hours and miss work and shit.

At least I don't pay $400 an hour for a guy to sit in a chair and nod his head.

18 minutes is fucking nothing.
>>
seafloor farming
>>
>>331677125
This would be what I would talk about as well
>>
File: 1436954645811.jpg (40 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1436954645811.jpg
40 KB, 620x349
>Everythings gone to shit
>gamers ruined the industry
>keep screaming "F2P" and "microtransactions" at the audience
>Tell everyone to sign my petition to ban games
>>
The Importance of Self Worth in Next Generation Gaming.

Next time you faggots are born, max bluff. I've never had an easier life.
>>
>>331676972
video games are for anti-social weirdos and how all popular video games played by people who are not weirdos are complete shit games.
>>
File: Praise_The_Sun.jpg (42 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
Praise_The_Sun.jpg
42 KB, 500x349
>>331677686
>yfw not Anthony Burch
>>
Over focus on bringing new people in at the expense of the current patrons.
>>
>>331676972
"Tired Gamer" Syndrome
>>
>>331677847
you mean "having too much money and time and not knowing what to do" syndrome?
>>
Why it isn't gay for males to create- in detail- and play as female characters in video games
>>
The focus on cinematics and voice acting in RPGs, how it has ruined most modern RPGs, and why it's okay for gamers to fucking read sometimes.
>>
>>331677125
I've never played Halo (besides 3 once in middle school), what's wrong with 343?
>>
File: 1410165558171.jpg (671 KB, 1944x1944) Image search: [Google]
1410165558171.jpg
671 KB, 1944x1944
Why difficulty levels are bullshit.

Super Mario 64 had the Castle Courtyard, where you could practice all of Mario's jumping moves in a 3D space without fear of damage or loss of your lives. Ocarina of Time had you crawling through holes, cutting grass, auto jumping, and more to teach players the basics of combat and movement. These safe areas in games give younger players and people new to the genre the time to get used to the controls so they can pull off that difficult section of platforming.

Easy Modes teach people how to play the game WRONG. We are conditioning our children to become molly-coddled babies who can't do anything unless they have infinite lives and can retry a level at any time from multiple checkpoints.

In a perfect world, we would never need tutorial levels; we'd just need people figuring out the mechanics for themselves by reading the manual, reading messages left by developers on signs, or just figuring it out your own damn self. Getting a guide to get those last few collectibles is perfectly acceptable, but learning about the combat/exploration in a game by looking up the optimal strategy before you even play it just sours your experience.
>>
>>331678002

This.

People stopped reading in games. I have this friend who literally asks me about item effects in Dark Souls, and each time I mock him for not being able to fucking read.

I'm starting to think he doesn't actually know how to read for real. I wish he wasn't my friend anymore.
>>
>Wear jeans and a skirt. Apply lipstick haphazardly to my face. Dye my hair blue.
>Walk out on stage with a can opener and a can
>Proceed to open the can
>Remove my pants, revealing my post-op vagina
>By hand, force the contents of the can into my vagina
>Convulse on the floor while screaming, " VIDEO GAMES!"
>>
>>331676972
I would talk about the balance of Piracy in the industry and its effects as both a destructive force and a conservatory force.
>>
He picks his bible
He holds it up high
He puts it back down
And he starts to lie
>>
I could probably talk about the survival horror genre for a little while. The decline, the changes, what makes a good horror game.
>>
I could probably talk about the role of memes in video games for a little while. The decline, the changes, what makes a good meme.
>>
Call me a pretentious faggot if you want, but i would talk about how the potential for video games as interactive storytelling has been largely wasted by our industry. So basically i will spend 20 minutes calling walking simulators shit and sucking off games like dark souls, shadow of the colossus and journey.
>>
>>331678002
>>331678240
I really like this one, you could even delve into the disappearance of manuals from games.

I'm not even going to lie, when I first downloaded Alpha Centauri a while ago I was really turned off because I didn't feel like sitting down and reading how the game works, but after giving it a shot, it's a really fucking awesome

A lot of it boils down to instant gratification
>>
I could probably talk about the role of animu chicks in video games for a little while. The decline, the changes, what makes a good NEET.
>>
File: 1344461448214.gif (425 KB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
1344461448214.gif
425 KB, 240x196
>>331677813
>yfw you could be Anthony Burch in another universe
>>
>>331676972
I give them a detaiked explanation on pokemon games, there is literally nothing i understand better than pokemon.
>>
>>331676972

How /v/ is ruining vidya.
>>
>>331676972
Why we should have more cuckoldry in games and why it is a superior fetish
>>
>>331678160
Fuck off. Im not a kid anymore, i have other challanging things in my life, like a job. Maybe you should get one too you fucking manchild
>>
>>331678861
Dark Souls is not good story telling.
>>
>>331677054
Lol
>>
The intellectual-masturbation which is overthinking vidya and making TED talks about them.
>>
>>331676972
EVE Online
It's culture, economy, propaganda, wars, etc..
>>
What the fuck is this TED shit anyway?
Isn't it just generic "tehee i'm so smart" popsci garbage?
>>
>>331682409
Yes.
>>
>>331676972

Why playing a video game can be very much different than sitting in front of a television watching shit shows and reality tv.

Social interaction, mental stimulation, all that bullshit that is very different than the normal vegetation that people associate with someone sitting in front of any screen for a given amount of time.
>>
File: 1451923177718.gif (1 MB, 604x370) Image search: [Google]
1451923177718.gif
1 MB, 604x370
>>331676972
Aspects of asymmetry in multiplayer games.
>>
I would talk about why food analogies are the best way to understand, and discuss any video game related phenomenon.
>>
>>331676972
Violence against females in gaming.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.