[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did the lean function go?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: System Shock lean.jpg (21 KB, 600x287) Image search: [Google]
System Shock lean.jpg
21 KB, 600x287
What happened to the lean function in first person games, /v/?

I'm talking about pic related function if an anon doesn't know what I'm talking about.

The games I've played that feature it are the Thief games and System Shock, and it makes everything much more convenient. It seems this function has been replaced by a third-person cover system in many first person games.

The only first-person games I can think of that have it are System Shock 1 and 2, Thief 1-4 (though in the new Thief you can only do it while in cover),and Red Orchestra 2 to an extent.

Is it laziness or do developers just not want to add it?
>>
Rainbow six siege has it
>>
>>331676368
Third person cover systems are the worst. First person lean is balanced at least.
>>
Call of Duty has leaning only in the PC versions
>>
>>331676368
Most of the CoDs have lean features, the decent ones anyway
>>
>>331676368
Dishonored does it, and I think Escape from Butcher Bay also does it.
>>
>>331676368
play more games you fucking pleb
>>
>>331676368
what the hell is this shit on your pic some indie game?
>>
>>331676368
Battlefield game has it, albeit contextually.

MGS 2 had it. Actually can make playing the vita port a fucking nightmare because it's bound to the back touchscreen.

Those are just off the top of my head, honestly it's a pretty common feature so I don't really remember all the games that do it.
>>
Insurgency has it
>>
>>331677018
It's System Shock, you absolute pleb.

I know you're just b8ing, though, but I bit it anyway.
>>
>>331676751
The only decent CoDs end at World at War. *Maybe* Modern Warfare 1.

I don't remember those games having it at all.
>>
>>331676368
Swat4 had it. Was brilliant to it's time
unfortunally the serie is dead
>>
Because dedicated lean buttons don't work for controllers. I mean there's contextual lean I guess, but it's a little useless in the games I've played that have it
>>
>>331677918
>controller

???
>>
>>331677602
world at war came after MW1.
>>
>>331678067
I'm not saying that it's better to use controllers, silly goose. I'm saying that did that because most games are multiplat so they have to play nice with controllers. So it was phased out.
>>
>>331676368
STALKER, FEAR, and SWAT 4. Games with acronyms for titles are all good apparently.
>>
>>331678067
have you never noticed that Cod became a console shooter?
>>
File: 1453362786404.jpg (74 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1453362786404.jpg
74 KB, 640x640
>Where did the Lean function go?

Right here, bitch nigga
>>
>>331678168
>most games are multiplat so they have to play nice with controllers.
The foremost reason for the decline of RTS.
>canĀ“t play it with a controller? can it.
>>
>>331676368

Medal of Honor Airborne had an interesting sort of lean that was tied to your aiming. I liked it.

Stalker and FEAR also had lead, so does Red Orchestra and Insurgency.
>>
>>331678862
Yeah, but again, RO2's is cover-dependent. I prefer it as a function you can just do whenever.
>>
>>331679358

No, RO2's lean is not cover dependent. Go check your options menu and you will see you can lean perfectly fine wherever you want too. It's actually better to use manual lean than the shitty sticky cover lean as well.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.