[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
remember this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: thebunker[1].jpg (51 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
thebunker[1].jpg
51 KB, 800x600
remember this?
>>
nope, i'm so old (25 years in fact) that i'm getting dementia
>>
i play HL MP all the time, so yes
>>
>>331674609

I remember the TFC hunted map more.
>>
>>331674845
funny how they're both made from sections of the same half-life map
>>
>>331674845
I still wish TF2 had Hunted. Now we have that shitty bomb cart thing.
>>
Is that the multiplayer map where someone could draw in a nuke and kill everyone that wasn't inside that building? I played Half Life Multiplayer for like 2 hours total but I do remember that map being entertaining because of the gimmick.
>>
>>331675358

Yes. Crossfire was the name of it.

And yes, I do remember it...
>>
I do, I played Half-Life for the first time last month. Amazing game to be quite honest with you, family.
>>
>>331674609
favorite map, back then I'd go to internet cafes and play the fuck out of that map, I don't remember what skins I used, but I remember there were lara crofts, smurfs and homer simpsons running around
>>
>>331675313
>>331674845
hunted was the mode with the assassin team trying to kill the civilian and the bodyguard team trying to stop them right? that shit was fun.
>>
>>331677669
There was a game mode similar to payload with objectives coming up as you protected the "civillian" planned for TF2 as well before it was scrapped.
>>
OPs map and (I googled it) Stalkyard were the ones that would get played constantly day and night at a local lan I would go every day after school.

Labyrinth on the inside with lots of cover from destructable boxes and hidden weapon pickups and a crossbow sniping position with triple stair entryways on the outside of the map. Good shit
>>
>>331678105
a player getting to play as the objective is far better than guaranteed choke point defense: the mode. I don't understand what the fuck their problem is with TFC, so little of it's cool shit made it through the valve playtester filter.

I can't say i miss grenades, but some cool shit like scout caltrops and spies faking death whenever and medic giving aids to enemies and stuff TOTALLY has a place in modern clusterfuck trainwreck fortress 2
>>
>>331678798
I also just remembered that fire used to be completely opaque too so it was viable to cover someone from snipers by just shooting a fuckload of fire in between the snipers and their target
>>
>>331675313
TF2 sucks. Valve is jewing you with hats and keys. I spent over 300$ on cosmetics and realized it wasn't worth it. I sold them all for about 100$ in steam games. Dont repeat my mistake. Give them nothing.
>>
>>331674845
This and I'm nearly 23.

>nice conc
>nice conc
>nice conc
>nice conc
>>
>>331678798
AIDS medic best medic.
>>
>>331679097
I remember reading about this and saw sketches of this idea a tf2 community member probably never started working on:
There was an intricate drawn map (from third perspective) and the gamemode was to be played out on a map shaped as a pyramid (an Egypt themed map) with outside exits and different sized small, bigger and giant chambers on each level of the pyramid inside. You were supposed to steal stuff from each level and bring it to the outside to your spawn. Inside the pyramid is filled with traps, movable chambers, have to rocket jump over pits with lava etc. and every level higher had more valuable stuff you can grab and take back to the spawn before the timer ends.
Not connected probably, but I'm guessing you can see some of that in the official community asteroid mining map/gamemode thats been in beta for a year.

Though I do see what you mean, the little stuff related to movement etc., game mechanics and player skill is missing and will continue to dissapear in newer games.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.