[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck happened to Saint's Row?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: saintsrow.jpg (264 KB, 1484x607) Image search: [Google]
saintsrow.jpg
264 KB, 1484x607
What the fuck happened to Saint's Row?
>>
memes literally happened
>>
I dont agree with your picture. SR3 should have the image SR4 has and SR4 the one SR1 has.

SR4 was fun
>>
>>331673661

SR4 backed down a bit on the RANDOM humor and actually ahd a decent story with stakes.

The character development for them was much better and there were actually some serious moments to counter the silly moments, like Shaundi's personal hell or Kinzie feeling sad for Oleg's death.
>>
File: 9.png (188 KB, 342x459) Image search: [Google]
9.png
188 KB, 342x459
>SR2 PC port is fucking shit
>have to play it properly on PS3 or with the gentlemen mod
fug
>>
I thought 4 was better than 3 at first, but the game just got more mind numbing and the humor got more grating as it went on.
>>
With the exception of Saint's Row 3 and Gat out of Hell, the series has always been about one-upping itself.
Started off as a poor mans GTA clone.
Sequel actually blew GTA out the fuckin' water.
SR3... Similar to the second, but not as well written or as fun. Pass.
SR4 could no longer be considered a GTA clone. I literally had no idea where they could go with the series after this without it simply being what Gat Out of Hell was, basically a rehash in a new enviornment with the only real exception was the ability to fly. I mean... where else can they go from SR4 gameplay wise?
>>
4 was pretty good. I don't understand the people who shit on it.
>>
>>331675671
Full city destruction a la Red Faction but on a larger scale.
>>
File: 1454021162729.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1454021162729.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>331672431
its that old sr1 was good meme
>>
File: Reddit.png (846 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
Reddit.png
846 KB, 1508x1493
>>331672431
Pic related.
>>
I think most of the OG Volition staff left sometime after SR2.

THQ's meddling fucked up SR3 and Red Faction Armageddon, and someone at either Volition 2.0 or Deep Silver thought everyone LOVED the change in tone from SR2 to 3 so they kept that and rolled with it.
>>
volition does whatever they want because they dont like the fans.
Loyal fans who cared about dex got fucked
and anyone who cared about any character like oleg got fucked because earth blew up
the passion for its story separated it from gta, and they ditched it for gta with super powers
>>
It graduated from being poor man's GTA and became its own thing.
>>
>>331676443
>tease Dex's return in GooH
>he's just another generic NPC, except he has a hat and calls you a bitch

I do find it interesting though how he says "motherfuckers gotta keep bringing up the past" which I'm pretty sure is how Volition feels about SR2 fans
>>
>>331672431
Tfw friend gave me SR4 for fee

havent even played it
>>
The Third sucked.
It had its over the top moments but overall gameplay sucked.
At least IV decided to add mechanics and powers to improve gameplay.
>not wanting to play Johnny Gay
I wanted to play as him since the first Saints Row, and him taking on Hell was awesome.
Plus I liked Kenzie and him bringing her was a plus.
>>
>>331672431
Back when Yahtzee was popular, he gave 2 a glowing review because you could do silly things. Everyone began parroting this sentiment on message boards, so they ramped up the silly factor, and low power level shitters thought it was great.
>>
Your nostalgia goggles, 3 was fine, 4 was great.
>>
How the Saints Save Christmas > 3 > 2 <> 4 > GAT > 1
>>
Saints row 2 and 3 were the best.
Saints row 1 wishes it was GTA.
Saints row 4 and on go a bit to ham on crazy to the point it looses a lot of its character and just becomes a cartoon.
>>
>>331672431
So far you are the only anon where I can agree with on this. 1 was meh, 2 was fantastic, 3 was crap and 4 was dogshit.
>>
>Saints Row 5-0
>SR4 was a movie made by the Saints
>Play as an undercover cop sent to destroy the saints in a neo 80s themed future
>Features city destruction and a parallel cyberspace where you can use super powers etc like in SR4
>>
>>331677585
I can actually see this happening, one of the GooH endings was moreorless the series starting over
>>
>>331672431
SR3 was worse than SR2 but it was still pretty good. There were quite a few cool moments, like when Power starts playing or when Burt Reynolds shows up.
>>
SR3 was actually very good, SR4 was pants on fire retarded but still enjoyable.
Gat out of hell is barely a game.
>>
File: 1438873165221.jpg (202 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1438873165221.jpg
202 KB, 1000x1000
>/v/ pretending to be mature and shitting on 3-4 because RANDUM
this is my favorite meme
>>
>>331677434
>3 were the best
>3
>best

>3
>GOOD

>3
>BETTER THAN 4

NAH MAN, NO FUCKING WAY.
>>
>>331677898
SR3 could have been something if it wasn't just side missions with minor fluff passed off as actual story.
>>
SR4 had probably the most fun to use superpowers out of any video game.

Sure, it might not be what you expect from a GTA clone, but it's unfair to just discredit it.
>>
>>331678069
All it really did was give mandatory side activities a little bit of context, in 2 you had to do that boring shit anyway to progress missions, in 3 they added funny dialogues to them to make it look less of a chore.
>>
>>331678069
After all those missions in SR2, SR3 was really disappointing, the few that were actual missions there were pretty good though.
>>
>>331673661
4 still forced Kinzie, who is an absolute shit character.
>>
>>331680291
Why? She's funny and has more personality than anyone from the original saints gang. Although it's a shame 4 killed Oleg.
>>
>>331672431
Memes
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.