[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need an open world game that I can stay engaged in for hours-days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
I need an open world game that I can stay engaged in for hours-days on end. Fallout doesn't do it for me, I loved Skyrim temporarily, got bored with GTA + never figured out online, and Farcry/Assasin's Creed all the same

Any suggestions?
>>
Try saints row
>>
>>331672385

Go back to Skyrim and install Hunterborn, realistic needs and diseases, and Frostfall. Set the timescale to 6, and just live as a hunter and sell your wares. It's so fucking comfy.
>>
Mount & Blade Warband if you can get into it
>>
>>331673739
This so much. And Dragon's Dogma.
>>
just roleplay in online sandbox stuff

yeah its kind autistic but a traditional AAA video game is never going to give you what you want. openworld is a meme genre that means a linear game happening on a big map with worthless side content.
>>
>>331672385
You tried American/Euro truck sim? Very comfy just driving in the rain, listening to some radio station.
>>
>>331672385
Try going to a park without a map and just walking through the woods offroad for a few hours.
>>
Dragon's dogma, kept me entertained for 122 hours until I finished all the content
>>
Black Desert. It's so beautiful
>>
Mount and Blade Warband or Dragon's Dogma for fantasy.

X3 Albion Prelude if you prefer space.
>>
>>331675968

But isn't the combat boring and kinda shit?
>>
>>331672385
GTA V was great mechanically until online came out. The loading times are bad but the constant loading barriers are completely immersion breaking.
>>
Sadly pretty much almost every open world game is based around the idea of. Big World > good content. Just like most MMO games they are mostly filled busywork / the progression treadmill.
>>
Rocket League
>>
>>331674667

I have to second that I really love playing Skyrim with needs mods and frostfall, with the addition of never using fast travel.
>>
>>331674831
Avoid mount and blade. The early and mid game is great but the grand marshal mechanic is full retard.

Taleworlds even said so in a few threads where they asked what fans liked and disliked.

Wait until bannerlord comes out and watch some gameplay.
>>
File: 1355593477700.png (37 KB, 652x413) Image search: [Google]
1355593477700.png
37 KB, 652x413
>>331672385
Try Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode
>>
Go play Nethack and Morrowind.
>>
>>331674667
This, you can't get more comfy than this.

>finishes a long ass dungeon
>oh shit you're cold and hungry and there's a blizzard
>set up camp and cook stuff and just lie in your tent

Beth really nailed it in Skyrim, too bad in I never feel this way in Fallout 4, but that's probably because of the setting
>>
>>331672385
STALKER
>>
>>331672385
Saints row 2.
>>
>>331677008

>I never feel this way in Fallout 4, but that's probably because of the setting

I'm the same. Which is ironic, consider that sort of playthrough is pretty much made for Fallout's post-apocalyptic setting. I mean, it's immersive enough, but not comfy. I'd rather just go guns blazing.
>>
>>331672385
>ctrl+f = no witcher
>da fug
Play the witcher OP
>>
>>331672385
Project zomboid is pretty good.
>>
>>331676160
no worse than Dragons Dogma
>>
>>331677756
bait
>>
>>331677347
>I'd rather just go guns blazing
Exactly. There's always this feel of danger in the post apocalyptic world and it puts you on edge everytime. Whereas in Skyrim, the atmosphere is really chill and peaceful even though the dangers are still present, you can't help but to feel calm
>>
not OP, but i really want an open world game, much like skyrim or something, that takes place in ancient china.

Anyone know of any? What about other games that take place there?
>>
>>331672385
Nothing beats GTA 5 with no HUD.

Seriously, turn off that fucking radar/map.

On a high-end PC and with first-person mode enabled it is the fucking best.
>>
Witcher 3 is an incredibly immersive game. Ignore the shitposting. Turn off as much of the UI as you want. Turn off map icons and just explore and engage yourself into it. Play on a harder difficulty and try making intelligent decisions in combat/dialogs and remember to smell the roses.
>>
File: i feel like isis.jpg (703 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
i feel like isis.jpg
703 KB, 3840x2160
GTA V with no hud and a bunch of mods?
>>
Dragon Age Inquisition, gameplay is great too. Just check out this trailer of its progressive stance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymMzn9X2Fnw
>>
>>331679690
31 replies with no bait and then you show up

fuck off and die
>>
>>331679970
>He didn't watch the trailer
>>
just play D&D with your own universe
>>
>>331680134
im so sorry anon
>>
>>331677008
Nailed what? Boring open spaces with almost nothing to do?
>>
>>331672385
People here hate it, but elite dangerous is my suggestion. I find it to be like truck simulators but with space instead of a countryside. Plus you can take a break and do some combat or something.
>>
>>331678027

Pretty much desu. Goddamn it, now I need to heed my own advice and go and reinstall Skyrim for the hundredth time.
>>
>>331672385
Far cry 3 ziggys mod. No hud, harder crafting, more damage taken etc. It's much more enjoyable.
>>
>>331672385

green LEDs are better for the enviroment
>>
>>331679690
Why is this one of the best live action fights in all of everything.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.