[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Originals vs. Remakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Original vs Remake.png (1 MB, 1034x600) Image search: [Google]
Original vs Remake.png
1 MB, 1034x600
Do you prefer the original version of your vidya or the remake? Explain why.
>>
>>331669982
That depends a lot of things, like censoring or removing something fun,
One common example of this is the DBZ Budokai HD on PS3, it has only Budokai 1 and 3, and 3 doesnt have the original music, and they censored one of Broly's special moves.
>>
File: REmake vs RE1 PS1.jpg (279 KB, 1024x825) Image search: [Google]
REmake vs RE1 PS1.jpg
279 KB, 1024x825
>>331669982
In case of Resi, the REmake is easily the best, defining version. It expands, improves and polishes everything, a lot. I still quite dig the original RE1.

The only other proper remake I can think of would be the MGS Twin Snakes, which was just awful. The new soundtrack and re-done VA sucks ass, the game looks plasticy and too clean, the cutscenes are legendarily over the top even by the series' standards, and the ham-fisted MGS2 gameplay breaks the balance and difficulty completely.
>>
The remake will undoubtedly be made by a bunch of people who had nothing to do with the original, lose sight of what made the original so great, and screw it up in the process. That and now everybody is a whiny prissy faggot who has to censor everything.
>>
>>331669982
Original more likely than not.
Though we get some amazing remakes every so often like Kirby Superstar ultra, Metroid Zero mission and REmake hell I'd even throw in pokemon HG/SS but I know some people have issue with it
>>
>RE1 or REmake
REmake by a wide margin

>MGS or TTS
MGS by a wide fucking margin

I can't think of anything else remade
>>
>>331670579
Really? Is there a valid reason for they to remove the things they did? I'm not keeping up with Budokai games.
>>
>>331669982
Original > REmake

Faggots.
>>
>>331669982

I ussually prefer the original over the remake, but in the case of Resident Evil, as much charm as RE1 has, the REmake is better in every single way. Probably because it was remade by the exact same team that did RE1 with more budget this time around. IIRC Mikami said they had to scrap a lot of things in RE1 and that it was an experiment to see what would work. So after they had all the flaws figured out he wanted to go back and do it properly with the experience he'd gained.

Also seeing as though the RE remake was only 6 years after the original, and still in the golden age of gaming, it would bound to be good.
>>
>>331671413
I'd wish know the reasons
www.kanzenshuu.com/2012/11/14/dragon-ball-z-budokai-hd-collection-contains-new-censorship/
>>
File: tmp_14213-header(3)-28417592.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14213-header(3)-28417592.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
Greatly depends on the remake.

Bionic Commando REarmed is a remake that did the original justice and surpassed it. I exclusively play this version over the original.

Maverick Hunter X is a fun remake, but it's just alright. It doesn't top the original and I can play either or, mostly the original.

Earthworm Jim HD though, that's garbage.
>>
>not playing original first then REmake so you can be surprised by the changes
>>
>>331673703

The other way works just as well
>>
>>331673804
and i also forgot to add that you can be surprised by the improvements to the formula
>>
I fucking hate with a passion the idea of remaking a video game. Use your resources to make new games, faggots.
>>
>>331673607
Why is EWJ HD garbage?
>>
File: tumblr_nt2r6f2p1I1shrrj0o1_500.jpg (44 KB, 431x328) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt2r6f2p1I1shrrj0o1_500.jpg
44 KB, 431x328
>>331673971
not other guy but Ive played remake then original and was pleasantly surprised by lack of Crimson Heads everywhere
>>
>>331670770
>Twin Snakes

lol, confirmed for bad taste.
>>
>>331672419

Too bad the RE2 remake is going to suck ass since nobody from the original team will be working on it, not even Kamiya.
>>
>>331674913
I never said I'd like TS. On the contrary, in fact.
>>
>>331676085
Perhaps he's mocking you for not liking it.
>>
>>331669982
I usually prefer the original, but rarely you get remakes like Serious Sam that end up being completely identical in gameplay. In that case I'd play the HD version.
>>
>>331669982
If we're talking RE, I did enjoy the remake, but there is a charm to the original that I can't help but love. The only thing the remake did better was the shark tank. Having them swimming under you in a giant circular tank that was filled up to the catwalk was a bit more terrifying than having them come around the corner in waist deep water.
>>
File: sharky1.jpg (53 KB, 880x330) Image search: [Google]
sharky1.jpg
53 KB, 880x330
>>331680654
>>
>>331680654
Lisa was a good addition
>>
>>331681527
That felt like it belonged in Silent Hill, not RE.
>>
>>331681896
I guess. I thought the backstory was very well done, and the creature scared me about as much as the fast movers. Cheesy as hell finisher though.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.