[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is /v/ hype or not? I thought it was multiplayer but i guess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
is /v/ hype or not?

I thought it was multiplayer but i guess that would be too much like DayZ in space.
>>
>>331669687
i thought this was some comfy little indie game that sony was promoting. a sixty dollar space flight to the center of the universe sounds boring
>>
no hype but i'll keep my eye on it
>>
>Elite: dangerous: even less fucking content edition
>>
>>331669687
If you want a multiplayer space sim either deal with Elite Dangerous or wait for Star Citizen. People are cautious about NMS because ED already proved a massive galaxy sandbox gets boring.
>>
>>331669687
should be 10$ and even then I wouldn't force myself to play it seriously. It's literally a time waster.
>>
>>331670281
>wait for Star Citizen
even greatness can't await for that long
>>
>>331670214
If it has even less content than Elite Dangerous I will be impressed, that'd be a fucking achievement.
>>
>>331670337
I thought they said that they're wouldn't be multiplayer instancing at launch so if you and a friend are on the same planet at the same times no way to meet
>>
>>331670434
At least it has powerplay, CGs and background sim to provide some motivation to the game, theres literally no motivation in No mans Sky
>>
>>331670552
This.

What's the point? Am I just gonna boot up the game, spawn in my ship, and just fly somewhere with no objective? I'm not saying I can't make my own fun but fuck at least give me a job to do.
>>
>>331670774
>>331670552
Try actually looking up info about the game.

They explained the endgame goal the day the game was announced (get to the center of the universe).
>>
>>331670923
Wasn't that spores goal?
>>
>>331670923
>point of the game is to hopscotch from planet to planet doing nothing until you get to the end

I bet I can just fly to the center from the get go.
>>
>>331670435
I thought he said the planet would be too big to find the other person, I might be a little behind the article is from 2014.
>>
File: steve.jpg (64 KB, 620x486) Image search: [Google]
steve.jpg
64 KB, 620x486
>>331671067
Yes it was.
>>
>>331671212
No, you won't even be able to get out of your system at the start.
>>
>>331671212

There are probably some hardass dicksucking aliums that will blow your ship up if you haven't done the proper amount of grindi- err, exploring before heading inward.
>>
File: 1458426636720.gif (338 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
1458426636720.gif
338 KB, 220x165
>DayZ in space.
>>
>>331671067
yes, it was, and that was what it end up being.

>>331671212
The thing preventig you from doing that is
1: your starting hyperdrive has a short jump distance, so it'd take you a long fucking time, and not all systemss will be that close to even be jumpable, jumping takes resources, which you have to trade for, raid for, or mine,
2. Many planet's will be hazardous to fly in wiithout a good enough ship/suit, which makes using it for resources to then use to jump again will be impossible unless you upgrade/buy new shit
3. As you get closer to the center, there will be morre and more hostile AI factionss and hazardous ssystems

So, there's a gameplay loop of "Mine/trade/raid for resources > get money/resources > use money/resources to buy better shit/upgrade your shit > use new shit to access new systems/planets/resources you couldn't before > repeat".

Also, cataloging new species and shit will get you resources/money too
>>
>>331670923

There is no absolute center of the universe. I'd think the sci-fi autists making this game would know that.
>>
>>331671869
There's a center of the game's universe, there has to be technically.

Also, the devs have been clear it's meat to be more like old sci novels then hard science fiction
>>
>>331671869
Your thinking of our universe this doesn't take place in our universe.
>>
>>331670923

Seems like a dumb goal. What's going to be the point once the first NEET turboautist poopsocks his way to the center and tells everyone what's there?
>>
>>331671859

>Sounds like a walking simulator to me.

For real tho, the only thing that I'm disappointed in is that fighting alien creatures, even the big ones, gives you nothing, and actually penalizes you by sending the space police after you. No one cares about shooting the same preset robots over and over again, people want to hunt space dinos, you know the ones they put all of their dev time into making a procedural engine for...
>>
>>331670281
>wait for Star Citizen.
There are still people who don't see Star Citizen for the crowdfund-scam all the people who've worked on it say it is
>>
>>331672763

>all the people who've worked on it

By which you mean a small handful of disgruntled ex-employees.
>>
>>331672530
>what's the point of beating this game when anybody who beats it first will tell everybody what happened

This applies to literally every video game

>>331672531
I think certain creatures drop shit too, but i'm not sure
>>
>>331669687
Going to bomb on console so very, very badly, Steam release will see mass-refunds. This game does not look like it has the depth to justify a $60 price tag.
>>
just go and play eve online, anons
>>
>>331673017

It's a persistent 'multiplayer' overworld that emphasizes exploration and discovery, not a self-contained singleplayer title. I don't know how you can see getting there late as anything but sloppy seconds unless there's kickass endgame content there (there isn't).
>>
>>331669687

Not.
>>
>>331673017
Everything I've seen points to creatures being nothing but eyecandy or potential hazards to catalogue. Reports are saying that killing creatures drop nothing, and the devs have confirmed via gameplay interviews that killing animals results in the sentinels going after you.

This makes no sense to me, it seems like an obvious feature that the player should be able to hunt creatures for resources, especially the big and/or lethal ones.
>>
>>331673380

I wish they would open up a new server so I could start on the ground floor. The best you can hope for joining at this point is sitting on the bottom rung of someone else's explodey battle-ladder.
>>
>>331669687
I just wonder how long it's going to take until you start seeing reused assets.
>>
It is multiplayer, but it's just rare to see anybody i think. The price ruined it for me though, i'm not paying that much for a game made by a small studio.
>>
>>331670337

>sure, you can see randos once in a blue moon, but if you think meeting up with people is going to be meaningful or even practical, you have another thing coming.
>If you want that, why don't you just go play Destiny? It's great!

I'm starting to hate these people.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.