[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: file.png (291 KB, 322x400) Image search: [Google]
file.png
291 KB, 322x400
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing. XBX restored my faith in vidya.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 1280x719
Lackluster story that starts up decent but then falls on its face around chapter 5.

Good orchestral soundtrack, but god-awful jap shit as well.

Repetitive gameplay that becomes irrelevant once you get a Skell.

Good voice acting held back by terrible writing.
>>
>>331668409
music, quest design, characters, a stupid "create your own character" that doesnt matter, that awful plot, the mech combat, the repetition, the grinding, the shitty interior areas, the lack of endgame, the tacked on multiplayer, lack of well designed areas, and likely more I don't remember.

It's a game I want to forget because I was so excited for it, and it tore apart everything that made chronicles enjoyable.
>>
File: 1456810717763.jpg (41 KB, 500x603) Image search: [Google]
1456810717763.jpg
41 KB, 500x603
>>331668409
>friend tells me that you can play online with your friends
>turns out to be really shitty short missions that you can play with your friends
welp, its games like this that really show the wii's shortcomings
>>
>>331668680
This
>>
>>331669069
I also love how they last less than a minute.
>>
Pacing. Disconnection between plot progression and world exploration. Forcing a PC silent protagonist into the game despite the story clearly being about Elma and Lin. Other playable characters being completely pointless to the story. Having to swap back to Elma and Lin for character restricted story missions. Not being able to swap party easily. Fucking Tatsu. The squirrel voice of that one race.
>>
It's fun, but between Tatsu and Lin a lot of the cutscenes are unbearable.
I swear if I have to hear another joke about Tatsu being food I'm going to shoot myself.
>>
Grinding reputation to progress in main story.
I was having an absolute blast until this and I moved on to other games since then.
>>
>>331668680
This
>>
>>331668409
Censorship?
Bad art?
Too long?
Choose one I guess.
>>
>>331668409
Salty XC faggots
>>
>>331668409
A good game overall and very immersive.

However, as far as issues go:

Too big of a disparity between on foot and Skell combat.
Storyline would have been way more interesting if they actually found the endgame object earlier than the end and the last half of the game was about the "mystery" of what it meant.
Lots of content, but most of it is very quick to do (mile wide, inch deep).
Way too many characters, especially since many of them are completely terrible/forgettable.
>>
>>331669184
I would like to add that the affinity system is the worst fucking thing ever.
>give ability to add a ton of different characters
>get punished later for not using shitty characters
>No auto leveling like in Chronicles

Who fucking designed EVERYTHING in this game? its such a mess.

ALSO, no one mentions it, but the manons voice is horrendous and entirely lazy.
>>
Nothing.

It will become the goat when WiiU emulation is perfected
>>
"hey let's remove everything that made chronicles good and memorable"
"good idea"
"lets make a generic offline mmo taht doesn't rival World of Warcraft in quest design, NO WAIT, lets tack on some shitty MP at the last minute"

This got greenlit.
>>
>>331668409
>XC: NX will be a linear hallway with no gameplay.

I doubt Monolth would do it, but what would be your reactions.
>>
File: 305.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
305.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>331668409
Nothing.
>>
>>331668409
Black tar covering most eyes
>>
XCX is probably the most anti-trend following game ever. /v/ should love it

>140 page manual
>no explainations
>non-linear
>anti-user friendly
>no cinematic story
>sci-fi
>jrpg
>open-world
>main character is some random un-important dude
>mecha

I love it.
>>
I don't know if I could design a cover that would make a game less interesting to me

I wouldn't be surprised if has a bunch of anime shit in it too

It's fascinating that this new generation of players can see variety within the kind of bland repetitive re-used assets forever shit that gets made

calling this an rpg is like calling an ADS game an fps, it's just...unnatural, it's for people with no ability to discriminate
>>
>>331669527
i don't remember chronicles being good just some characters with funny bad accents and a f2p mmo style combat system
>>
Nothing. Retards who don't know what they're talking about will tell you that XBX "destroyed" the xenoblade formula when in actuality it objectively improved every system.

The original XB was made for traditional JRPG fans, and wasn't aimed towards the original Xeno fanbase.

XBX was made for people who enjoy Xeno games.
>>
>>331669540
Just let me build my character the way I want and I won't mind. I liked the maps and story more in Xenoblade Chronicles anyway.
>>
File: homer-rocking-chair-gun-twirl.gif (550 KB, 278x227) Image search: [Google]
homer-rocking-chair-gun-twirl.gif
550 KB, 278x227
>>331668409
mfw when Discbomb Lailah
>>
it wasn't my beloved 'really feeling it' meme rpg with my favorite generic shonen writing
>>
>>331668409
A good chunk of the soundtrack is total garbage

Characters dont have much personality, are pretty weak across the board in terms of development and how likeable/memorable they are

some rather stupid design decisions, such as the controls to switch targets mid-battle (it was fine in XC, if it aint broke dont fucking fix it)

Silent protag hurts the story

Thats really about it, I enjoyed the game a lot and if they can address those issues then the sequel ;_; will be breddy gud.
>>
>>331668409
Yelv wasn't a main character.
>>
>>331669408
People get levelled easily though, especially if you have a skell, they catch up in no time.
>>
UH UH UH UH
YEAH
YEAH YEAH
>>
>>331670584
oh, and also the online is so half-assed that it might as well have no been included.
All of the missions are piss easy and the rewards are crap, so there's no reason to do any of them besides the Nemesis bosses.
Nemesis bosses were pretty cool but there's only fucking two of them.
No idea why they were so dead-set on having online elements when it was so fucking dull. The next game needs to be 100% singleplayer
>>
NOT TO SOUND CLICHE!
>>
>>331670584
The characters had more personality and were far more developed than XB's characters, but XB's characters were far more enjoyable and memorable than XBX's characters.
>>
>>331670807
maybe personality, but development, definitely not. Boze, and to a much lesser extent, HB, are the only ones who actually develop over the course of their affinity missions. Everyone else is just completely static
>>
>>331670807
this, to say XBX had the worst character development/personality of the two is dumb.

you learned a lot more about XBX's characters and what they did through side missions and affinity missions.

XB's characters all fell under the safe typical shonen anime character types
>>
>>331668409
3 things you do 99% of the time:
>travel to NLA at night/day
>fly
>battle normal monsters

music you hear 99% of the time:
>i can't hear you
>uh uh yeah
>ovah the reynbow
>black tar/stuck in different plaaanet

other than that 9.5/10. best game on wii u
>>
Tinyass text

I legit cant read anything unless I switch to gamepad
>>
>>331671028
>you learned a lot more about XBX's characters and what they did through side missions and affinity missions.
you really didn't though.
>Hey Commander, I feel like I'm not doing much damage, should I get a new weapon?
>No Gwin you just need to believe in yourself!
>Wow I never thought of that before! Thanks Commander!
Fantastic writing, 10/10 development
And then there's Irina's last affinity mission, which isn't even about her at all.
>>
>>331671194
The writing's a lot better in the Japanese version :^)
>>
>>331671179
Is your tv in an auditorium hall, anon? How can gamepad text look bigger than TV text.
>>
>>331670807
Can't argue with this Xenoblade's characters were single note tropes so it isn't hard to make better developed characters. They were more likable though in the first game.
>>
>>331671382
>Xenoblade's characters were single note tropes
So were XCX's. None of them have any depth at all, they're all defined by one or two characteristics.
>>
The Ovah is a retrovirus
>>
Ares Series is busted and I'm somewhat upset that I even made it. It's cool, and the attacks are nuts, but it removes any real strategy and replaces it with "Light it up with Agni Gatling" or "Light it up with Agashura Cannon". I can see it being useful for killing things en masse, but I still prefer to rock my beloved Inferno Skydon over that thing, and I've only used the 70. Ares 90 has no place in my hangar.
>>
>>331669024
all this desu
>>
>>331669069

To be fair, the world itself is STILL impressive as fuck running on it, given how fucking big it is

>>331668409
As much of an improvement the gameplay and skell is, the story being stupid is a downgrade
>>
>>331671617
Have fun with Pharsis
>>
>XBXfags need to literally lie about their game's characters and music to try to defend their game
>>
>>331668409
Really half-ass(and functionally very short) story, cringey vocals in all the music, ultimate abilities all look basic as fuck except for one or two. This game is nothing compared to XB.
>>
File: notjustanother.jpg (240 KB, 940x450) Image search: [Google]
notjustanother.jpg
240 KB, 940x450
>>331671617
Ares90 was just good for farming trash. It's out shined by 60 skells for anything else.
>>
>>331671617
post-game is just a grindfest. Your options from after the main story are:
>spend 15 hours grinding to get an Ares and some augments for it to one-shot everything
or
>spend 50 hours grinding to get your Lvl 60 Skell, rare skell weapons from tyrant drops, and augments so that its stronger than an Ares and can one-shot everything
>>
>>331671840
Thats how its been since launch.
People in these threads genuinely believe that Colonel Mary Sue is an example of a well-written character.
I guess its just waifufags, who knows.
>>
>>331668409

The narrative, the story isn't engaging because of the blank slate MC and the one dimentional, one not characters (Elma's really the only one worth caring about) so the story and directive has a weird pace to it compared to the previous game. The MC should have had at least some preset personalities to make the story flow better, even if they had to make different scenes for each personality.

the music is an odd choice. It's not bad, but very few pieces stick out unlike the previous one where there were a lot of pieces that gave you that tension.
>>
>>331668409
Skells don't appear in cutscenes.
>>
Xenoblade appeals to casuals whereas Xenoblade X refers to fans of Takahashi's work.

You can weed out the passionate from the plebeians by

>>331672034
Name a single well written character in the original Xenoblade.
You can't because they're all very basic stereotypical shonen character archetypes.

You can argue that X's are stereotypical mecha character archetypes too but at least they had more going on and were much more involved in the story than XBs characters were. After a point in XB, every character stepped aside for Shulk and Fiora circlejerking, with the occassional "let's see Melia suffer".

You can't be a Mary Sue if you're actually in the content, Mary Sue only applies to RPfags.
>>
>>331671927
That's what any post game is about. Smash you just play repeatedly even after the game is finished wasting 100s of hours, because your mind thinks it's fun.

You don't find this fun so play something else anon.
>>
I generally don't care about annoying characters but Tatsu appearance everywhere made me kinda drop the game. And I was loving it.
>>
>>331672379
>You can't be a Mary Sue if you're actually in the content, Mary Sue only applies to RPfags.
where on earth did you get this idea from?
>>
>>331672379
>Name a single well written character in the original Xenoblade.
When did I even bring up the original Xenoblade? I've never played it.
Elma being better than characters in the original Xenoblade doesn't mean she is a good character. She's still very flat in terms of personality, and she does not develop at all over the course of the story or her affinity missions. She's static.
She can also do no wrong, making her a mary sue.
>Mary Sue only applies to RPfags.
Oh I didn't realize i was arguing with a legitimate retard.
>>
>>331670141
>in actuality it objectively improved every system
What a ridiculous exaggeration. They marginally improved the ground combat, but overdrive completely breaks the game anyways and as a whole is a far more shallow mechanic than chain attacks were. Skell combat is beyond awful with insanely long cooldowns, shitty RNG, boring skills with zero synergy and layers upon layers of arcane customization options that are entirely irrelevant.

Not to mention the various other "systems" that were fucked beyond belief; augments are magnitudes more complex than Xenoblade's gems without any additional depth; "upgrades" are useless for almost the entire game and grindy as fuck; the absolutely ridiculous number of weapon/armor slots if you count skell armor and ground skell armor that, once again, don't add much depth; an affinity system that is actually worse than its original incarnation in Xenoblade, and about a dozen worthless, shallow party members that add nothing to the gameplay or the story. The game is a fucking mess
>>
I honestly don't understand why people think xbx improved the so much on the first gamw, when the majority of changes it made were for the worse.

Soul voice and overdrive are far more boring than team attacks and visions. Traveling is exactly the same until you get a skell, then its drastically less interesting. Fast travel sucks in xbx because it can drop you off anywhere in the huge map hex instead of right on the landmark marker. You can't change the time in the menu anymore. You have to run all over shifting out required party members instead of just popping open the menu. And I swear the menus are even more awkward than they used to be.
>>
XBXfags can literally only defend their flat as fuck characters with no personality by saying
>w-w-well at least th-they're not as b-bad as the original X-xenoblade
fucking pathetic
>>
>>331672540
>Want to bring Murderfu and Yelv along with me for stuff
>Many affinity missions require Lin and Elma to tag along

I'm a fan of brown and young Asian girls, but just let me not use those two so I can get more party bantz going.
>>
>>331668680
This
>>
>>331672630
That's where the term Mary Sue originated. People who roleplay in previously established universes making absolutely "perfect" characters that are literally impossible for them to exist in the setting. If the character's already an established part of lore, it can't be a mary sue because the character's powerful but still restricted to predefined limitations in said universe.

>>331672660
see above
>>
File: 08654323456.png (32 KB, 237x216) Image search: [Google]
08654323456.png
32 KB, 237x216
>>331672971
>see above
since you did not address any of the rest of my post, I'm just going to assume that you conceded that part of the argument to me.
>>
I wish that there was more to do in New LA. Like Minigames and the like.
>>
>>331672971
Who cares where it started the term refers to any character that is literal perfection not just RPfags allegedly it started from Star Trek anyways which wasn't an rp fanbase
>>
File: 1440153969977.gif (2 MB, 400x288) Image search: [Google]
1440153969977.gif
2 MB, 400x288
1. A story that starts with great potential...and then does nothing with it.

2. A soundtrack with spectacular instrumental tracks which only sharpened your hatred that what you heard 90% of the time were awful lyrical tracks.

3. A sound mixer that equalized literally everything. Say goodbye to your cutscenes.

4. Monster Hunter grind EXCEPT the only way to grind is build a OHKO Skell annihilator, not fight big fun monsters.

5. A small minority of people that wound up complaining bitterly about censorship which included 3 things that were never ever even close to deserving the vitriol it received.
>>
>>331672630
mary sue/gary stu comes from roleplaying

you know those faggots who constantly claim "I'm a hyperdragon vampire who's also Satan's daughter"? that's a mary sue.

>>331673061
Because I never said that Elma's a good character too.

>>331673154
Elma isn't perfection though.
>>
>>331673143
There should've been a racetrack that loops around NLA where you can race skells in vehicle mode around for money and stuff.
Missed opportunity.
>>
File: This cut content is outrageous.jpg (60 KB, 452x471) Image search: [Google]
This cut content is outrageous.jpg
60 KB, 452x471
>>331669240
>>
Humanity>Ma-Non>Every other race.
>>
>>331673143
I want the option to purchase a house in the residential district. Alternatively, I want to chill out in Murderess' house.
>>
>>331668680
This. I have all the faith in their next project.
>>
>>331673221
Origin and Evolution. In 1973, Star Trek fan Paula Smith wrote the parody "A Trekkie's Tale," starring a flawless character named Lieutenant Mary Sue. The term became popular in the Star Trek fandom to refer to characters of this variety, and later spread to fandom in general.

it didn't come from roleplaying it came from this and more later fanfiction writing
>>
>>331672738
oh please.

Any game is broken if you analyze in that perspective. Randomness is what draws the line from a game being deterministic mathematics. No game can be said as perfectly balanced.

XCX for a huge game as it is, most non-devout people would not even reach post game. The combat was well balanced before postgame. People enjoyed the combat more than slow XC. And it wasn't another hack slash clone.
>>
File: Elma.png (672 KB, 683x384) Image search: [Google]
Elma.png
672 KB, 683x384
>>
>the soundtrack is awful
So much shit taste desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XarfnZ1l9Vk
>>
>>331668409
Amazing game but I'm on the final boss and need to grind which is annoying on level 40 and he is just beating the shit outta me
>>
Who /DEUSCRUSHER/ here?
>>
>>331673167
>you have to grind

Nah you don't. You can beat everything just using a versus 60 that's not even fully upgraded.

You only have to grind if you want it to be trivial or 1hit with zenith.
>>
>>331673369
Not him but mary sue generally just means fictional fanmade characters in existing universes, either in fanfiction or roleplayed, who are "perfect"

if it's cannon it can't be a mary sue because that goes against the definition.
>>
>>331673501
>one track
WOOOWWWWW
>>
Personally, I enjoyed the story. Not too much to stop you from playing (reading stuff, etc) but with enough plot twist to want more of it. I like the ending and the mystery about Mira. I wish for a big DLC with a new continent and a true ending.
>>
>>331673501
Best track in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2xDbnK65cc
>>
>>331673578
>You can beat everything just using a versus 60 that's not even fully upgraded.
you think you can do that in end-game? LMAO
Try that against Pharsis and Gradivius, let me know how it goes fag
>>
>>331673512
Nothing else for it, unfortunately. Oh and as a tip, you can kinda keep your skell active in the final phase of the final boss if you get out when he starts doing that roar, then hop back while he's using another attack for BIG DAMAGE.
>>
File: 15315315335113.jpg (501 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
15315315335113.jpg
501 KB, 1280x720
Wish I could play it for another couple of hundred hours.
>>
>>331673706
>I wish for a big DLC with a new continent and a true ending.
Not happening, the game has been out in a year for japan already
>>
>>331673650
The Key we've lost
Caulderos theme
Noctilum theme
Divine roost theme
Manon ship theme
NLA theme
>>
>>331673778
what's stopping you?
>>
>>331673650
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiIcf7ZQ1Us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Ul2FEBGUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKcMOLYs1Fk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCSjKvK0s0

Suck my dick
>>
>>331673856
I don't want to grind holo-figures.
>>
>>331673738
>Gradivius
W-who? Is he the designated giganigga-tier monster of Cauldros?
>>
>>331673837
>Divine roost theme
underrated as fuck

also cauldros night >>331673904
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXqbYWKsBAU
>>
>>331673837
>Noctilum theme
>NLA theme
both are garbage, but mainly due to the vocals. most of the non-vocal tracks are pretty good.
>>331673859
again, ONE BY OOONNEEE is complete fucking ass. Garbage song
>>
>>331673501
>>331673714
>>331673837
>>331673859
>not posting the best track

Are you gay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trQc33hIreQ
>>
File: sponge.png (441 KB, 530x394) Image search: [Google]
sponge.png
441 KB, 530x394
>>331668409
>boring MMO combat
>large empty world
>bad story
>>
>>331673912
Gradivus the Headless Emperor is a Tyrant in Oblivia. He's a milesaur without the fake head thing. He has 100 Million HP
>>
>>331673912
>Oblivia
>North beach
>Tyrant Millesaur
>>
>>331673714
Do you get the feeling your family doesn't like your dozens of piercings and platform pleather boots?
>>
It may be casual but I do wish that fetch quests gave you more info on the location of each item.
Like, the nodes could be the in game excuse for knowing all the resources in the area.
>>
>>331673950
listen to uncontrollable without vocals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av6RQXw2ZGU&feature=iv&src_vid=0QPwF9K654I&annotation_id=annotation_2723361915

analysis: it's shit

vocals can improve a song.
>>
>>331672379
You could easily say that everbody stepped aside by the end for Elma, Lin, and the traitor.

>>331672891
Which is even worse when you consider that original XB characters were on the whole more interesting than X characters
>>
>>331673950
>Noctilum is garbage
You truly do have shit taste
>>
>>331673991
This theme and MONOX are always implied as the GOAT songs from the game
>>
>>331673998
Yeah, but... giant mechs man, in an open world. I can't get that anywhere else.
>>
>>331674129
I hate the vocals for Uncontrollable. They aren't even about fighting, its about a couple's stupid fight and break up. Who gives a fuck about retarded shit like that when im trying to fuck up some alien monster thing
>>331674146
It'd be a fine song without the stupid vocals, but those ruin it
>>
>>331673904
have you made a non-meme sword / ghostwalker built?
>>
My only issue with the game is that it takes 100+ hours to get a decent skell with parts which is what killed all motivation for me to finish the game
>>
>>331673998
>large empty world
Nice meme

I'd actually play a MMO with XBX combat if it existed.
>>
>>331674230
>i hate words the post
You truly dont enjoy music if its the vocals that ruin it for you
>>
>>331674056
>>331674080
Oh, that guy. I saw him at some point on a quest near there. The name made me think that he was some other horrible threat. Still scared, but I'm more worried about that big motherfucker flying over the abyss.
>>
>>331670584
>Silent protag hurts the story
Fucking this.
What grinds my gears it at the end where Elma gets credit for securing the Lifehold Core and Lin talks about Elma's identity and how she essentially saved the human race. Meanwhile, your character gets completely shafted. You could be BLADE captain and single-handedly take down Luxaar and Mutant Lao like a badass, but the game never credits you for them things. Heck, you get to see most of the characters you've met in the story before the credits roll. All but you. It hurts.
>>
>>331674230
>giving a shit about lyrics

/mu/ would tear you apart lmao
>>
>>331674313
I have 3 testicles
see, i can write stupid nonsensical posts too
>>331674368
>/mu/
why should i give one single fuck about what the most pleb board on this site thinks? Lmao
>>
I CAN'T SEE YOU
I CAN'T HEAR YOU
>>
>>331674464
>most pleb board on this site
>literally posting on /v/
oh jesus the irony
>>
File: smug asuka.png (693 KB, 537x538) Image search: [Google]
smug asuka.png
693 KB, 537x538
>>331674230
vocals =/= lyrics

When you can separate the two apart from eachother and listen to vocals like you would any other instrument, there's nothing wrong with XBX's soundtrack.
>>
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
>>
>>331674567
>everytime I ask the smallest things, you get mad...
whoever wrote this for a fucking video game does not deserve to write video game music ever again.
>>
File: dude.png (227 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dude.png
227 KB, 500x375
>>331673289
It's the fact they HAD NO REASON to cut content, you massive troglodyke.
>>
>>331674647
>agoraphobic nosebleed
>>
>>331674567
this. most people who rip on xenoblade X's ost mostly pay attention to the lyrics. you don't do that, especially for a fucking sawano soundtrack

>>331674647
>caring about lyrics at all
>>
>>331673991
Z10 Briefing is nice too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-60kEbfUzOc
>>
>>331674565
/v/ sucks but it isn't as pleb as /mu/
go back to your Kanye generals, faggot
>>
>>331674361
this still confuses me, why not make her the main character. The created character should be unlockable post game with the interactions with all the party members as content.
>>
>>331668409

It's a glorified tech demo they tried to sell by doing a bait-and-switch with the Xenoblade brand.

I hope the gook faggots die in their sleep.
>>
File: 245.jpg (110 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
110 KB, 500x375
>>331674724
>the music is good if you dont pay attention to it
>>
>>331674739
>/mu/ still circlejerks Kanye

It's like you're stuck in an eternal 2013
>>
File: they drive me to drink.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
they drive me to drink.gif
1 MB, 320x240
The only real problem is the censorship, and literally the only people who give a fuck about that are on 8gag circlejerking over an SJW
>>
File: Sawano.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sawano.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>331674647
It's Sawano. He's the Ricky Martin of anime. Just slap together what's popular and generic, who gives a fuck about lyrics.

Talk to me
Tell me your name
You blow me off like it's all the same
You lit a fuse and now I'm ticking away
Like a bomb
Yeah, Baby

Talk to me
Tell me your sign
You're switching sides like a Gemini
You're playing games and now you're hittin' my
Heart
Like a drum
Yeah, Baby

SHE BANGS
SHE BANGS
>>
>>331674794
Elma has way too much insider knowledge to be the player character, it would never work.
If Elma was going to be the player character, the entire story would need to be rewritten.
>>
>>331674361
That's because Elma is the main character, your OC is not
>>
>>331674835
Lyricism has literally nothing to do with the actual music. Learn to separate vocals from the lyrics, treat the vocals like another instrument.
>>
>>331674647
>There's a spaceship we can ride
>Now it's time to ride!
>>
Why are Nagi, Dunban, Citan, Jin such bros?
>>
File: Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-valley-3.jpg (138 KB, 710x399) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-valley-3.jpg
138 KB, 710x399
>>331668680
This, I never thought an open world game could actually be fun to explore
>>
dolls make the game less fun. Exploration is less rewarding, the areas are less dangerous, and combat becomes less varied.
>>
>>331674835
It's a fucking Sawano soundtrack, ignore the lyrics.
>>
>>331673289
Content isn't cut here. In fact they added more content under the original content.
>>
>>331674940
>Learn to separate vocals from the lyrics
Aren't you guys the same faggots who make fun of weebs for listening to jap music because they can't understand japanese? Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>331671179
I've never understood this complaint.

It's like everyone's playing on 22 inch TVs in their bedrooms and I'm the only one playing it on a 42 inch TV on the couch. The game looks incredible
>>
>>331668409
Game is great but blighted by Treehouse.
>>
File: data.gif (2 MB, 200x222) Image search: [Google]
data.gif
2 MB, 200x222
>>331674862
I'm afraid I don't understand your post.
You answer OP's question by saying the real problem is censorship.
You then contradict yourself by saying that censorship doesn't matter except to people who are irrelevant.

So, it's not really a problem. But it's a real problem. Except only for others. Others like you. So it's a problem (but not really).
>>
>>331675098
>>331674881
Sawano doesn't have a clue how to write music for a video game, and he doesn't need to return for the sequel.
>>
>>331675061
>and combat becomes less varied.
You know you could just exit your skell before or during battle, right anon?
You're right about the other points though
>>
>Pharsis is hard

For a Versus you just stack resistances and get immunity to bomb if it's an issue.
>>
Bizarre pacing
Horrible writing
Horrible UI
Horrible story and story missions
Tatsu
>>
>>331675104
How dare you
>>
If there is one game that needs to be emulated, it's this one. Mods would be nice too. Compare skyrim mods to skyrim. What could be done with this game.
>>
>>331675265
yeah, and that requires a bit of grinding.
The other guy was trying to claim you can beat everything in the game with a level 60 Skell without using augments or anything.
>>
>>331673991
>This song wasn't the title theme music

Literally. Why.

Monox was okay, but it doesn't nail the title screen vibe like Theme X does
>>
>>331675135
>Aren't you guys the same faggots who make fun of weebs for listening to jap music because they can't understand japanese?

Where did I imply this? If anything, what I'm saying actually justifies listening to Japanese music. If you can separate lyrics and vocals, then the Japanese language barrier is no problem.

I listen to plenty of Jap music myself because it sounds good, I couldn't care less that I don't understand it.
>>
File: 1458070137450.jpg (57 KB, 396x382) Image search: [Google]
1458070137450.jpg
57 KB, 396x382
>>331674835
>incorrectly paraphrasing one sentence just to have an excuse to post animeshit

You're not even grasping at straws, and you're barely grasping at all.
>>
>>331675146
Wasn't it done by 8-4, so if Fates is anything to go by Xenoblade got off quite lucky getting them instead of Treehouse
>>
>>331675482
how is it incorrect? If i hear english words its not like i can just block them out like i can with a foreign language.
>>
>>331668409
The lack of story is the biggest problem, but there are dozens of problems besides, like shit music, shit characters, shit voice acting, shit party system, SHIT FUCKING SKELLS HOLY SHIT WHY ARE THEY SO BORING TO USE HOW DID THEY FUCK THIS UP

If there was a game with XC's story and XCX's gameplay and exploration, it would be 10/10
>>
then maybe Lyn or Yelv maybe.

>>331675061
I waited for quite a while before getting a skell about 45 hours and you still need to get to ch9 before they can fly still leaving all the fun of exploration. Combat wise I kind of agree it but you could just get out and fight on foot.
>>
>>331675552
Fates was done by treehouse also tho
>>
>>331675336
You cant mod in a good story
>>
>>331675561
what do you mean cant tune them out?
>>
>>331675659
Or characters that actually matter to the overall story.
>>
File: cannon farm.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cannon farm.jpg
108 KB, 1280x720
>>331675362
>other guy

Same person. Resistances are easy to get and you start early you can have most of them done just from leveling.

Pic related is grind.
>>
>>331675714
if someone is yelling english words right where i can hear them, how can i tune them out? This is especially true for a video game since the sound is coming from the TV, right where I'm looking at
>>
>>331675561
I can. Pay attention to the way things are sung than what's actually being sung.
>>
>>331675659
>>331675721
considering skyrim had no story, and this game is better for it's side quests, I don't see the problem.

Besides we're getting a new game anyways.
>>
>>331675840
>Besides we're getting a new game anyways.
the new game is not related to XCX's story
>>
File: 1453580607279.png (4 MB, 1753x1370) Image search: [Google]
1453580607279.png
4 MB, 1753x1370
>>331675396
I bet you like Kanye
>>
>>331675816
I just ignore it cant anyone do that?
>>
>>331675561
You're just about the only person then. I've listened to Rush since 1994 and I can barely recall a single line.

Shame since Peart is a poet, but when the musics good enough the lyrics never really register with me.

I mean especially when you're in combat. I barely even hear the music, let alone the lyrics about sticky wet tar or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>331675630
Yeah, and the quality of that is why Xenoblade got off quite well by having 8-4 do it.
>>
>>331675938
I can't.
>>
File: wot.jpg (36 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
36 KB, 580x435
>>331675929
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>331675901
we don't know that yet. Takahashi didn't explicitly state it wasn't different from XCX storyline. Also Takahashi is the same dude who did the art and setting + magtek armor in FFVI. He creates settings before he creates stories.
>>
>>331675840
>implying anything about skyrim is good
>>
>>331675813
can you take a picture of the telethia in the enemy index anon? i want to see what it says in "additional details" (if you have killed it already)
>>
File: 51379138_p9.jpg (148 KB, 527x750) Image search: [Google]
51379138_p9.jpg
148 KB, 527x750
Reminder that the story would have been far better with Yelv as your main party member.
>>
>>331676128
anyone would've been the better than the mute retard MC.
>>
>>331675929
It needs the "Join in and start fawning over Lin option, or the teach Lin to shake
>>
>>331675929
>guy says that lyrics don't matter, it's just the voice
>"I bet you make fun of people for listening to Japanese music!"
>guy says he doesn't, and then says he listens to a bunch of jap music because lyrics don't matter
>"I bet you like Kanye"

literally what
>>
Not too crazy about the combat and the text is small as fuck.
>>
>>331676171
>main party member
That means replacing Elma, though Yelv would also have been able to replace Cross with no difficulty.
>>
Game is lots of fun, but this fanbase is insufferable. Especially on /v/, this threads are just full of elitist fucks who refuse to help new players, and just go around insulting people
>>
>>331668409
NoA
>>
>>331676031
I have never wished and hoped
Didn't need a telescope
To see where I am going
I have never been the one
Trying to hold my tongue
Is my stereo on

One day I'll stand with a crown on my head
Like a God yeah, like a God
With every step, no, I won't second guess what I want
>>
>>331676370
Go to the general while it's still around if you have actual questions.
>>
>>331676474
Are you high?
>>
>>331676474
I've heard that Sawano Martin song. Maybe, I dunno; I wasn't really paying attention to the lyrics.
>>
>>331674315
Hartmut's a pussy. As long as you can get off a cockpit time, you can kill him without sustaining damage. Same with Luciel the Eternal.

The real beefs are the Red Hare and the Deities.
>>
>>331676480
I've finished the game months ago, I was mostly just speaking about the things I would see when I would come to these threads. I would see new players asking for help and stuff getting shouted at by these pricks, so I'd try to help the new guys and then they'd jump down my throat too. The people who post in these threads are cancer incarnate and it makes me sad that they like the same games as me
>>
>>331675146
The script is near untouched.

Hell, they even replaced shitty Japanese memes with shitty American memes rather than take liberties with the lore.
>>
I wish they'd focused on the "man vs nature" vibe that the intro starts with.
As soon as I ran into "All earth aliens must die" my eyes rolled out of my head.

The ticking clock is all we needed for that sense of urgency, maybe having to deal politics with the other tribes and not just having everyone move in would have been cooler too.
>>
>>331668409
not enough "lets eat tatsu" jokes
>>
>>331676692
Don't you remember that time they removed the fundoshis HOW AWFUL
>>
>>331676867
>the world needs multicultarism!
>but only when its a cultural we approve of
nice try treehouse shill.
>>
>>331676750
And the earth aliens were like "all other races must die" and also "fuck everyone else in BLADE but ME, I am gonna have WEALTH oh we're all dead"
>>
I can't beat Chapter 10 for the life of me, I dropped the game because of it but my time with it was enjoyable.
>>
File: 735.gif (27 KB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
735.gif
27 KB, 290x189
>>331668409
I think its funny how Nintendrones hyped this up to be the BEST OPEN WORLD GAME EVAR for months leading up to the US release, and discussion pretty much died within 2 months
hilarious
>>
>>331676953
I am so culturally triggered right now, i needed those late-game armor pieces with zero good abilities and not more revealing than several hundred other armor sets

It's a fundoshi, if I can't cosplay my little girl female breast slider avatar in fundoshi then this game is shit shit shit and so is treehourse ESPECIALLY TREEHOUSE and all nintendo and this game and you and me and fuck everything
>>
File: 144402.png (421 KB, 1024x356) Image search: [Google]
144402.png
421 KB, 1024x356
Xenoblade Chronicles X is my GOTY 2015, and one of my favorite games released this decade, along with Terraria and Rabi-Ribi. It's the only console game in my top 5.

I loved almost everything about it. The music was fantastic, the visuals gave me a boner. Fighting was improved upon from Xenoblade, which I already enjoyed, tons of variety in the characters in your party, almost everything is customizable, the characters were great, the story had me on edge several times, the exploration was the best in any video game ever, and I even enjoyed doing all the missions and world building.

The world building alone makes XBCX have the best story in vidya to this date. Nothing even comes close, not even Planescape or TES. Crafting a world like that takes some serious talent, and it's by far the most important part of creating a good story. Sure, it might've left off on a cliff hanger, but I'm more than happy to be sequel baited at this point. All I want is more.
>>
File: 1455479447186.jpg (617 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455479447186.jpg
617 KB, 1920x1080
>>331668409

CENSORED went wrong.
>>
>>331677230

I was playing this game exclusively on the gamepad for a while, and holy fuck are people right about resolution. 480p doesn't do this game justice. My fucking jaw dropped the first time I played this in HD.
>>
>>331668680
This.

/v/ must be populated by anons too young to really appreciate what this game does for old fans of jRPGs.
>>
>>331668409
No XBX 2 in sight. XBX is fucking great.
>>
>>331677218
>zero good abilities
what are fashion slots
>It's a fundoshi, if I can't cosplay my little girl female breast slider avatar
Full retard. You aren't worth arguing with
>>
>>331677153
Yeah, hilarious, like how discussion of every game on this board gets overhyped then dies within months.

It's even funnier when you realize this is just the nature of /v/ now. No one on this board has an attention span long enough to keep talking about anything that isn't Undertale or Katawa Shoujo.
>>
>>331677230
there is not going to be a sequel, at least not in terms of story.
>>
>>331677659

That cliffhanger though
>>
>>331668409
most underrated open world game that did open world right
>>
>>331677741
lots of games with cliffhangers never get sequels.
>>
>>331677129
That the one with that Big McLargeHuge attack ship? Get flight-worthy skells and smash every part on it that you can. Ezpz.
>>
>>331677475
It's a fuckin' beaut, aint it? Headwater falls is especially gorgeous, but even Primordia has other amazing locations. Especially when you're chilling with your friend, the level 92 tyrant who stares down at NLA all night long, just viewing NLA and the ocean behind it.
>>
>>331677218
look at all these strawmen.
>>
I think the problem is, our expectations were so high that nothing could possibly live up to them, even XCX itself. I admit that I got carried away in the hype, and didn't even think of the possible flaws that may arise. That doesn't mean X is a bad game, it's a good solid title. It's just that after playing Xenoblade Chronicles, nothing can ever wow me quite as much as that title did, even a game as large and wonderfully crafted as Xenoblade X.
>>
>>331677659
It was already confirmed for a sequel. We've known since January. Takahashi said so in an interview.
>>
>>331677659
>>331677789
Is there actually a source on this or are you just talking out of your ass?

it's highly like XBX is getting a sequel. Takahashi tried to make a trilogy with Xenogears, got cut off by publishers, tried to make Xenosaga a 6 part, got cut off by publishers.

He even said the original XB was just him testing the waters to see if Nintendo was trustworthy before he got really deep into anything.

Why wouldn't XBX get a sequel? It even left us off on a cliffhanger, and purposely left so many holes and questions about Mira.

I'm expecting a Xenoblade Y and a Xenoblade Z.
>>
File: 1453187139186.jpg (756 KB, 861x1051) Image search: [Google]
1453187139186.jpg
756 KB, 861x1051
>>331668680
First reply, best reply.
>>
It's one of the only games that I've ever played where I've skipped cutscenes.
I'm always interested in storyline, but the Lin and tatsu food crap was too much, not to mention the boring story that practically wasn't even there.
>>
>>331668680
This.
>>
>>331677915

Yeah the waterfalls against the strange alien like atmosphere, X's world is fucking magic. Not saying that it wasn't beautiful on the Gamepad, it was. Even seeing it for the first time on that gave me chills, but nothing is quite as wonderful is viewing it in 1080.

Remember when when those angler fish were so powerful that we couldn't do anything to fight them? Seeing him just chill out on the tree at night staring at you, it gave you this mysterious feeling. Oh, and those giant things that float above you at night in Noctilum. I still think Primordia is awesome, even after being introduced to places like Sylvalum.
>>
>>331678008
He never said it was a sequel, he just said Monolith Soft is working on their next game.
He also said the next game will "look and feel pretty different" from Xeno X.
>>331678013
Its a storytelling style. Its an open ending that fans can discuss, its a storytelling style.
Also "Xenoblade Y" sounds fucking retarded.
>>
>>331677789

Yeah I know, but I'm keeping an open mind. I'll wait and see what Monolith Soft has in store for the next game.
>>
>>331678008
>Takahashi said so in an interview.
maybe try actually reading the interview, dumbfuck
>>
I wish the robot combat was better.

They make you learn the ground combat and work hard until you get the privilege to finally get your skell and then you find out that skell combat is kind of a joke compared to the ground combat where you had all these skills you had to use in order that played off the skills that other characters were using and then you had combos and overdrives and all this cool shit. While with skells it's like hit the weapon, wait 2 minutes for it to cool down before you hit it again.
>>
>>331678298
>He also said the next game will "look and feel pretty different" from Xeno X.
That doesn't mean it isn't a sequel, or that they won't work on a sequel after, though.

>Its a storytelling style. Its an open ending that fans can discuss, its a storytelling style.
Learn how Takahashi works. He's been trying to start, and finish a sci-fi "epic" for almost two decades now.

Give me one reason why he wouldn't make a sequel, knowing what he's done previously?
>>
>>331677559
>>331677931
But I neeeeeeeeed fundoshis!!! If I can't have them, and I won't get the version of the game that DOES have them, I just want to complain about it endlessly! AND YOU SHOULD LISTEN!!!

Breast slider, guys.
Fundoshi.
Lin has spats and sports bras you guys.

Guys, I'm so censored right now.
>>
>>331678489
>Give me one reason why he wouldn't make a sequel, knowing what he's done previously?
the few questions this game gives us aren't worth making an entire game over.
No one gives a shit about muh ganglion and all the flat as fuck characters in NLA. Next game should be something new.
>>
>>331675061
>areas are less dangerous
not really, some monsters can one-shot your skell and there's definitely a lot more to lose if they do so
>>
Didn't get advertisement in Smash

FUCK YOU CORRIN
>>
>>331678446

Yeah to be honest I found Skell combat to be disappointing. I mean I think Skells in and of themselves are cool. They look great, allow you to travel wherever you want, have some deep customization, and give the you the ability to fight enemies many levels above you, meaning you aren't locked out of combat simply because of a number. Also, they make size actually matter.

That said, I find the combat itself a little repetitive and not challenging.
>>
>>331678576
shitposting is against the rules.
>>
>>331678446
>I wish the robot combat was better.
So, all the combat?

HEYO
>>
>>331678612
Nobody gave a shit abotu Xenosaga's plot or characters and it still got sequels.

If Takahashi leaves in cliffhangers, it's getting a sequel unless his publishers say no.
>>
>>331678576
>AND YOU SHOULD LISTEN!!!
when did he say that, you fucking retard?
Just ignore it you fag.
>>
>>331678765

Took me two seconds to pick up on that.
>>
>>331678704
>Avoided another hated character because it's down-b cancer

thank god
>>
>>331678710
I'm not shitposting, I'm complaining about legitimate problems Xenoblade Chronicles X has. Don't tell me those are NOT legitimate problems.
>>
>>331678612
confirmed for knowing nothing about takahashi
>>
>>331678417
Maybe you should. It's very contextual.
>>
HEY

FUCKING LISTEN TO ME

WHAT IS THE BEST CONTINENT IN THE GAME? IF YOU DON'T TELL ME, THE POTATO WILL DIE.
>>
>>331678823
>it's getting a sequel unless his publishers say no.
you really think Ninty wants to waste money on a sequel to a game that flopped as hard as XCX did?
>>
>>331668409
It's too big and it won't fit on my Wii U HDD and fuck buying the disc version with those load times.
>>
>>331678612
I would be shocked if Takahashi didn't reuse assets, after making this grand of a game.

Which is kind of dissapointing.

Best outcome would be new assets + story focus + essentials of XCX exploration/combat
>>
>>331678704
I don't think we necessarily should've gotten a character in Smash, but no stage is a fucking travesty. So many good locations to stage it. So many good tracks to choose.

Hopefully we get a stage in the next Smash. If we do, I'm choosing nothing but that

>>331679051
Primordia or Oblivia, weirdly enough. They start slow, but shape up well.
>>
>>331679065
XCX made a profit.

If XCX wasn't getting a sequel we would know already.
>>
>>331679159
>>331679051

Oblivia is my favorite. I don't know if it's the music or the high tech ruins that never get explained, but it's pretty neat.
>>
>>331678963
I did.
>>331679184
>If XCX wasn't getting a sequel we would know already.
Are you retarded? Nintendo isn't going to make a statement saying "hey guys just so you know, this game is NOT getting a sequel"
You're a dumbfuck.
>>
>>331679051
the continents with platforming

continents without platforming had best music though.
>>
>>331679051
I'd say Oblivia since I love deserts and it's Mechonis' corpse
>>
>>331679118

I thought the digital version had long loading times. The disc version is even longer?
>>
>>331678929
Elaborate.
>>
>>331679239
Nintendo won't, but Takahashi would.

Keep in mind Takahashi first got into the vidya industry because it's been his dream to start and complete a sci-fi jrpg trilogy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.