[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shuhei Yoshida has been a terrible Playstation boss, he just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: download2[1].gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
download2[1].gif
2 MB, 500x282
This asshole launched ps4 with literally no games, killzone was forgettable and knack was just a joke, was stupid enough to release both gran turismo 5 and the last of us on ps3 instead of ps4, driveclub was delayed almost a year and it launched broken, Santa monica wasted at least 3 years on a canned game, now he closes evolution and the list goes on

He has been a godawful boss, if both nintendo and MS hadn't fucked up so badly, ps4 would have been dead by now, after 2.5 years there's only bloodborne, until dawn and maybe infamous, 3 FUCKING games after 2.5 years. disgusting
>>
>>331666763
b-but muh memes
>>
>Lionhead closes
>How horrible! Based Shu wouldn't do this!

>Evolution closes
>How horrible! Based Shu didn't do this!
>>
File: 1425033487949.jpg (2 MB, 1931x1200) Image search: [Google]
1425033487949.jpg
2 MB, 1931x1200
>>
>>331668468
Can't believe this asshole hasn't been fired yet.
>>
the fact that ps4 'fucked up' less badly than ms and nintendo might actually be a sign that he's a good boss. you're not in anywhere close to a full possession of the facts let alone the analytical facilities to put those facts into context, so i'd recommend you stick to the marked improvement in ps4 sales over ps3 as a metric for how you evaluate shu.
>>
>>331669424
So instead of people focussing on negative circumstantial evidence you would rather have them focus on the positive circumstantial evidence.
>>
>>331666763
if playstation delayed their release and let the xbone come out first, shu would have been fired. it doesn't matter if the launch titles weren't amazing, neither were wiiu or xbone.
>>
>>331670160

good sales proves that he isn't doing enough wrong to hurt the ps4 launch. if you're trying to prove that he can take no credit for that, you're gonna have to do better than make critical comments about a handful of the products comprising that launch.
>>
any good games for ps4?

i'm interested in getting toukiden: kiwami, but money's a bit tight at the moment so not sure if i should risk it
>>
>>331670968
>toukiden kiwami

That's also on PC, unless of course the PS4 has the super turbo hyper championship rainbow edition, as usually for every Japanese game.
>>
>worked on the first AE
>doesnt give a shit about the series
>>
>>331669424
>he fact that ps4 'fucked up' less badly than ms and nintendo might actually be a sign that he's a good boss

Funny, Sony's success in the console market depended entirely on their competition fucking up. The PS3 happens when neither of their competitors fucks up at launch, though MS and Nintendo both fucked up down the road so that the PS3 could narrowly beat the 360 in the end.
>>
>>331668132
Fact: Nobody cares about Lionhead getting shut down because the studio is shit.

Fact: Nobody cares about Evolution getting shut down because the studio is shit.
>>
>>331671450
>PS3 could narrowly beat the 360 in the end.

...says VGChartz? Lol.
>>
>>331670968
Infamous was great fun
Obviously Bloodborne too
>>
>>331668468
I don't see the point of this picture. It's just a bunch of statements taken out of context, or a fanboy getting mad over business.
>>
Playstation is the only faction of Sony that is making a profit go figure.
>>
>>331671881
The point still stands; the PS3 only beat the 360 after MS completely abandoned it.
>>
Studio Liverpool and Evo are two of their best studios.

Legitimately livid Tbh.

Fuck Yoshida
>>
>>331671760
>nobody cares about Lionhead
Wow you guys sure pretended then.

Fucking hypocrite cock suckers
>>
>>331672638
Did you miss the several threads full of people circlejerking about their closure?
>>
File: ken-kutaragi-mega64.jpg (37 KB, 530x325) Image search: [Google]
ken-kutaragi-mega64.jpg
37 KB, 530x325
Miss me yet?
>>
File: mfw.gif (3 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
3 MB, 480x320
kek stay mad, cuck
>>
So your whole point is that Sony doesn't have good exclusives anymore? Forget it. The days of AAA exclusives are over and it's crazy to expect that any studio would make an exclusive that is not terribly short or not limited in some way in terms of graphics, scale or complexity.

The money required to make a profit on a single platform is simply not there unless you're making Halo, Uncharted or Mario; games that are seen as particular platforms staple.

The only exclusives you can count on are weaboo games because they are niche to begin with most Jap devs still haven't caught on to Steam.

Games such as Bloodborne are rare outliers. Even though it's a great game it's much smaller in scope than Dark Souls. You can easily tell that From wasn't treating it the same way it treats DS3.

And if you do make a full fledged exclusive you better make fucking sure you're betting on the right horse. See Rise of the Tomb Raider. I'm willing to bet whatever Microsoft paid them won't cover the costs of marketing the game again when it eventually releases on PS4.
>>
>>331671979
i don't know, i'm kind of bored of that whole grim post-apocalyptic aesthetic

maybe getting a ps4 was a mistake
>>
I just hope GR2 comes around and turns out to be good, so that BB machine will soon be a Kat machine
>>
>>331673490
Bloodborne was funded entirely by Sony. Much like how Bayonetta 2 was funded entirely by Nintendo, though Bayo2 wouldn't exist at all if no one stepped up. Developers will go where the money is, in many cases that means multiplatform games. Next best solution is to take a large sum of cash in exchange for an exclusive title, like Bloodborne. That's what happened there, FROM didn't arbitrarily decide to make it exclusive, when most of their games were multiplatform to begin with.
>>
What really pisses me off is how poorly he handled the vita. Yes it is a good piece of tech but if it wasn't for Falcom, NIS etc. It would be deader than the Wii U.

Also he made PSN a shitty version of XBOXLive.
>>
>>331674147
>if it wasn't for Japanese developers, Sony consoles would be dead in the water

So all it would take would be for a serious Japanese company to compete against them, and they will win over those same devs eventually.
>>
>>331673490
>Games such as Bloodborne are rare outliers
Games Japan Studio handles are normally pretty good.

>>331674147
>What really pisses me off is how poorly he handled the vita.

I'll agree with you there, the Vita was mismanaged to hell and back. Not to mention studios like Bend that tried to back it, and even had demos of inFamous, Uncharted and more running, but all got canned.

>Also he made PSN a shitty version of XBOXLive.
What?
>>
>>331674046
That's true although we will never know how much Sony paid From and what their own costs and profits were. Even if you discount the money completely, this type of deal still requires you to take some of your employees and have them work for a few years on a project that will likely never make anywhere close to the amount of money it would if the game was multiplatform. For exclusives to be viable, I feel that companies like MS and Sony would probably have to double whatever the game makes in sales. Even with an exclusive push, Bloodborne will likely never make the same number Dark Souls does.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.