[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember amiibo? Remember when people would actually stand outside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
Remember amiibo?

Remember when people would actually stand outside in the cold and rain to wait and buy them?

Where did Nintendo go wrong?
>>
I thought the AC Amiibo's where selling fine, just not the game?
>>
>>331658514
They seem pretty overstocked at most stores and Amazon cuts their individual prices in half very frequently
>>
The animal crossing amiibos aren't flashy and feature characters that have been merchandised to hell and back. When it came down to it people bought amiibos because their favorite characters never got good shit.
>>
There were initial stocking problems, at least in the US, partially because of port worker strikes on the West Coast. There were crates full of them just sitting on the docks not being moved.

Nintendo also has this thing about artificial demand, intentionally producing too few of a product to encourage people to run out and buy things full price or more as soon as possible rather than wait for a price drop.
>>
Roy is simply not available from regular retailers right now, at least where I am. Kind of annoying.

I got Ryu no problem though.
>>
>>331656941
Because Nintendo realized they were popular as fuck and started producing them in large amounts. I don't see the issue here
>>
>>331659552
Where do you live?

In the US he's exclusive to GameStop, and I typically see him pretty well stocked.
>>
>>331656941
they restocked until scalpers couldn't follow.
Also no game to use animal crossing ones since the festival game flopped.
>>
File: 790x135_amiiboAC.jpg (49 KB, 790x135) Image search: [Google]
790x135_amiiboAC.jpg
49 KB, 790x135
What amiibo people wants the most?

Oh I know, Animal Crossing!

Why is Nintendo so fucking dumb?
>>
>>331659710

Canada. He was available for preorder on amazon but I foolishly forewent that option until it was too late. Now he's at least $40 from resellers.
>>
>>331660228
i been buying them half price.

I love this little crash in the amiibo market.
>>
File: retard 3 pack.png (87 KB, 781x471) Image search: [Google]
retard 3 pack.png
87 KB, 781x471
Remember when retards lined up at Gamestop because this was going to be rare?

My sides.
>>
>>331660228
you can forgive Nintendo for thinking there would be demand. The sales for New Leaf were insane and Home Designer did strong.
>>
>>331656941
All of these will be worth nothing in a year when wiiu gets cut
>>
>>331656941
Remember when Nintendo printed mpre units so people complaining about scarcity would shut up?
I bet you don't. That happened.
>>
>>331660442

It's going to put Nintendo back into paranoid mode and start producing less amiibo, eventually going full circle and having scalpers get their hands on rare shit that should not be rare.
>>
>>331660641
3DS is still compatible with them
>>
Because as cute as the animal crossing characters are, nobody wants an actual plastic figure of generic pink porcupine #3, or blue llama # 12.

It was retarded and greedy to make an entire line of these shits. All I want is to NOT unlock a shitty animal crossing character from the 100 mario challenge
>>
>>331659504
>Nintendo also has this thing about artificial demand
And /v/ has this thing about spreading misinformation and memes.
>>
>>331660656

People complained about scarcity on amiibo they actually wanted. Nobody asked for this AC garbage.

Nintendo still didn't listened. There was never a Rosalina or Dedede restock for example.
>>
>>331660723
The NX is replacing the Wii U and the 3DS
>>
>>331660686
it's like tides, the market.

all Nintendo has to do is just release them and money comes back. but the only thing that can hurt them is oversaturation.
>>
>>331660452

lol where are all those anons that justified their wait time to get this shit?

fucking pathetic
>>
>>331660795
>i'm too young to remember the wii launch: the post
>>
>>331660792
>It was retarded and greedy to make an entire line of these shits.
I agree with this, and it's even sadder when one of the directors for Amiibo Festival clarified that making the figures was their only goal when creating that game.

Lottie (who is essentially the Zoroark of the AC series) failed at being the next Isabelle, and characters like Kicks and Alpacas definitely did not warrant their own figures.

>>331660904
you can bet the NX will still be compatible with them
>>
>>331660723
And if you think for one second that NX, whatever it turns out to be, won't have amiibo functionality and that Nintendo is going to ignore a giant pile of money, then you're just flat out retarded
>>
>>331658514
They're not out of stock anywhere and scalpers don't care about them. It's dead.
>>
>>331660864
Rosalina, Meta Knight, and Palutena are the only ones so far who haven't got a big restock/lost their exclusivity
>>
>>331661127
also Lucina and Robin have still yet to be seen anywhere
>>
>>331661127
>i got all three of them for under 20 dollars a piece

don't feel bad taking advantage of really good export stores.
>>
>>331661127
Following Meta Knight and Palutena, so are Dedede (to my knowledge) and Pit.

After seeing Kirby-line Dedede, I feel like I'm forced to hunt down one of his Smash figures, and I'm just insanely lucky I was able to order Pit and Rosalina the days they launched a few years ago.

>>331661270
Right, those guys too.

They should have bundled the two of them with a copy of Codename Steam or something, that would have seriously saved that game.
>>
>>331661032
Most likely they wouldn't be compatible
>>
>>331660792
I bet people would go out of their way to get figures of the regular animal villagers, but that's a pipe dream.
>>
>>331661370
Why would anyone think that?

The current president already said amiibo are the future
>>
>>331661346

Villager got a reprint.

WFT didn't.

Fuck you Nintendo.
>>
I only want the KK Slider amiibo desu those two sheep can go fuck themselves
>>
>>331661370

It has an NFC chip you idiot. Even phones have NFC readers.

Do you even know how technology works?
>>
>>331661515
>Villager got a reprint.
and he's not even compatible with Amiibo Festival. What the actual fuck

>>331661563
They're alpacas
>>
>>331661563
I got the box three set. Same sentiment as you, I like KK, i dislike the Llamas.

On Amazon, the box set was like 15 something but KK by himself was closer to 25.

I mean, i can live with dumb plastic characters i hate than paying more to have without.
>>
>>331661346
King Dedede had one random small restock with Ness sometime the last summer in Gamestop instore and online. Managed to order one back then
>>331661515
Fuck I'm still looking for WFT
>>
>>331661563

Well you do the Math, Anon.

KKK Slider is like 15 bucks imported version, by itself.

Get the Amazon version that comes with the 2 sheep and sell it to gamestop.

There, problem solved.
>>
>>331661669
Villager's compatibility in Amiiber Festival is adding a gold villager statue to the menu.

I know, "something"
>>
>>331659316
This, only reason I have a wii fit trainer is that there are no wii fit trainers.

>tfw inevitable smash 5 amiibos are all much higher quality than smash 4 amiibos
>>
>>331661776

Imported one is 15 bucks on Amazon
>>
Mabel is like two bucks without shipping on amiami but I just want to display her with her superior relatives. Oh but they have to get another Isabelle out first. Fuck this entire AC line.
>>
>>331660641
>implying nintendo won't make NX compatible

Can't wait for nintendo to release game console amiibos too. Quick, buy an N64 system amiibo and get a trial pack of different n64 virtual console games!
>>
>>331662193
buy three Mabels and paint two of them.

or hell, make sables and resell them, I would buy one if i saw a good one.
>>
>>331662060
Nintendo would have a hell of a time getting people to board the bandwagon all over. especially as some people are nearing the end of their collections.
>>
File: 1347923486779.png (103 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1347923486779.png
103 KB, 700x700
>Physical DLC
>Ever good
>>
>>331662629
How's it worse than regular DLC?
>>
>>331662670
It can be out of stock.
>>
File: rmKXI[1].jpg (32 KB, 440x321) Image search: [Google]
rmKXI[1].jpg
32 KB, 440x321
Now that they are being restocked some more, people don't have to have miniature black-fridays to get these things.

I do hope future amiibo titles don't have "You can only use this specific amiibo for this specific game", or "Mario amiibo only, but scanning everyone else gets you 1-ups, thanks for the money! :D" Not sure what people think of the idea, but I really wouldn't mind a Nintendo version of Infinity or Skylanders.
>>
>>331662670
it's DLC you can touch
it's just not right.
>>
>>331662670
>Marketed to shit
>Lies about "limited stock" because it's a physical mass produced object that they do limited runs of
>>
I hang out with a couple people that are very far from the /v/ demographic. They own every AC Amiibo, and are completing the Amiibo card collections, every series. So it may not have a huge adoption rate, but the Animal Crossing fans buy everything.
>>
>>331662764
to be fair, a neat figure is alright, locking shit behind them is stupid though
>>
>>331660228
>>331660442
Me too, i dint know about this until now and im a fanboy of AC so thanks anon-kun
also the shops at my city didnt lower the prices. Those fuckers
>>
>>331662762
that leaked list of game project names that got confirmed when Disney Art Academy was revealed lists something first party called "N-Stars". I'm hoping it's that.
>>
>>331662531
Nonsense, they just have to make them again, with new designs, more characters, and no craptacular plastic stands (link with no piss fountain for example) and people will buy them all over again.
>>
File: amiibo money.png (20 KB, 1142x244) Image search: [Google]
amiibo money.png
20 KB, 1142x244
I miss the days when they were rare as shit. Golden Marios got me a new 3DS
>>
>>331663339
speaking personally.

I wouldn't. I'm just content with a small apartment full of amiibo.
>>
>>331662762
honestly I'm surprised they haven't done the Infinity route yet.
it's clear these things make bank and tons of people would love to use what they have as a playable character a la Mario Maker.
Plus it gives use to some of the most extremely useless ones
>>
>>331662670
I'd argue it's somewhat better in that you can use them on multiple machines. Normal DLC is one-and-done, every user has to buy it themselves. You can at least borrow amiibos.

Unfortunately they're still cancer, just with different pros and cons vs. DLC.
>>
>>331663593
the pros of not having Amiibos and wanting the locked content is there's a workaround for most people with phones with NFC readers.

Just spoof the damn thing.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.