[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus this is bad. They want to be MTV now? And I thought RT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: butt.png (8 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
butt.png
8 KB, 500x500
Jesus this is bad.
They want to be MTV now? And I thought RT couldn't get more cringe...
>>
who?
>>
>>331655940
Wut?
>>
File: Sw3Et's logo.png (30 KB, 915x891) Image search: [Google]
Sw3Et's logo.png
30 KB, 915x891
It's because they got acquired by Fullscreen, and they want to push more Funhaus and ScrewAttack content. Maybe even content from other Fullscreen channels. Fucking idiots. It's meant to be a D-Pad and a Play button, but because the triangle is rotated 45 degrees it doesn't look anything like a Play button.

Here's a better logo that someone came up with, at least.

>>331655982
>>331656054
New logo and branding for Rooster Teeth's LetsPlay channel. They're trying to push away from the channel just being for Achievement Hunter content and towards content from the Fullscreen network (which now owns Rooster Teeth, and by extension Achievement Hunter).
>>
Honestly I don't mind the logo, it's those fucking openings. Nickelodeon slime??? Meme cats???
>>
>>331656398
>caring about e-celebs
I know it must suck anon but all you tubers are in it for them money.
>>
>>331656715
Here's Geoff's blog post on the matter:

>Hopefully you've already watched today's GTA Let's Play, conveniently located here, and noticed the new Let's Play logo in action. If you haven't, maybe take a quick peek. The logo and the bumper are the work of our extremely talented graphics team (Brian, Jon, and Patrick to be specific) and I wanted to give them a huge shoutout for their hard work and awesome art skillz (yeah, I think it warrants the Z). We think that the cleaner and more simple the logo, the more fun we can have with it.

>Today's bumper is the first of many you'll see in the future, and I wanted to give you guys and girls a little sneak peek of some more to come. Matt (Hullum) and I have always loved the crazy frantic bumpers MTV used to do in the 80s, and have long wanted to find a way to incorporate that level of fun and insanity into RT. I can't think of a more fitting outlet than the irreverent and inherently silly Let's Play.

Even Geoffrey Fucking Ramsey has fallen victim to corporate newspeak. Channel's dead. Everyone move on.

>>331656812
Except that everyone fucking hates the new branding. The old logo and branding at least made it clear that it was about video games. Now it's just some completely unrelated random bullshit.
Also, the close tab button is right there if you need it.
>>
Never liked them anyway, the LPs are just 6 people literally screaming into the mic.
>>
>>331657052
What corporate news speak? Dude literally comments on how it's a spin on cheesy 80's logos and how over the top and weird the were.

If anything the whole thing feels tongue in cheek.

Also: seriously? We give a fuck about the logos fucking let's play channels are using now? Is this what /v/ is now?
>>
>>331657339
But that's literally the only vids of theirs that are still funny. When everything goes wrong, because most of them are braindead retards, and they start yelling at each other.
>>
>>331659719
>long wanted to find a way to incorporate that level of fun and insanity into RT. I can't think of a more fitting outlet than the irreverent and inherently silly Let's Play.
This doesn't sound like Geoff. This sounds like a fucking Silicon Valley CEO trying to peddle shit.
>>
>>331659870
Are you seriously doing the
>fun is a buzzword
thing right now?
>>
>>331657339
>>331659761
Their good videos now are the ones where their strongest personalities-Gavin, Geoff, Ryan without being forced to play into all his running jokes- just podcasting through a game they don't give a shit about. Or anything that ends with "gavin does something stupid and the helicopter's upside down". Or watching Geoff go full angry parent mode when everyone fucks around too much.

If you want funny gameplay riffing and people that actually kind of know what they're talking about, watch Funhaus.
>>
>>331659870
Internet Geoff and video Geoff are very different personalities, when he makes posts on RT he always sounds like that. He's alot more caring and nice then how he appears in most content.
>>
File: 1382533303629.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1382533303629.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>>331660278
>Fun "let one guy play GTA with silly mods while he does silly things, while other people try to contain their autism while being try hards" haus
Idk about the screw attack guys, but they also seems like complete tryhard faggots

Nowadays I only watch Minecraft and GTA LPs. And only if they have Michael, Gavin and Ryan in them. They aren't even that funny, but as I've said, their vids are only enjoyable when they are insulting each other and those 3 normally do it the most. I completely quit everything else and their other channels, because it's just not worth it.
>>
>>331660784
Michael used to be funnier but now it feels like he's just kind of there with nothing to really contribute besides laughing in the background. I can't really think of a good michael moment for a long time.

He's like Ray if instead of quitting when he stopped giving a fuck, he just kept going and became more and more nothing as the steam runs out.
>>
>>331655940
I haven't watched Rooster Teeth since they made Halo machinima.

Why the fuck did you people continue doing so?
>>
>>331661340
What the fuck are you talking about? Michael never had it better in roosterteeth. He is estabilished persona now, just starred in a feature movie and hosts the most succesful and the only actually 100% fun podcast in the network. Michael and Geoff, Gavin and maybe Burnie are the only things roosterteeth and AH has left. Everything else looks fake as fuck compared to 4-5 years ago when they were bunch of drunk guys playing vidya together and being silly while doing that. RT is full corporate mode now.
>>
>There are people that get this upset over irrelevant logo changes

Reconsider your priorities
>>
I didn't even know Russia Today did gaming content
>>
>>331661828
I'm not talking about how good he has it or how active he is in the company, i'm talking about his presence in videos.

At least in LP's he has about as much to contribute as the game narrator. All he does is point out whats happening and call gavin a mong. Even fucking Jack gets more jokes in lately.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.