[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rogue Legacy got me interested in the genre. What roguelike games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 460x215
Rogue Legacy got me interested in the genre. What roguelike games will you recommend, /v/ ?
>>
>rogue legacy
>roguelike
No.
>>
>>331649593
Dwarf Fortress
>>
>>331649593
But Rogue Legacy isn't a roguelike.
>>
If you like Rogue Legacy then try any of the newer Castlevania, SotN is a good starting point, well made game just piss easy as hell.

I don't think you would enjoy any real roguelikes. They aren't really made to be that casual. One Way Heroics is a roguelike (but not really) as well so that may be a possible choice. Last time I checked it was on sale and cost less than a dollar.
>>
>>331649593
Super Metroid. It's probably the best roguelike out there.
>>
>>331649593
rogue legacy isn't remotely a roguelike game and if you thought it was good you have awful taste.
>>
>Roguelike
The term you want is roguelite. Common enough mistake so I'm not going to bother trying to figure out if this is bait.
Seriously though, TBoI (pirate because Edmund is a fat asshole), Crypt of the Necrodancer and Nuclear Throne. Maybe Our Darker Purpose
>>
File: CK.webm (679 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CK.webm
679 KB, 1280x720
catacomb kids is bretty good

I'd find a free copy though its in early access
>>
>>331649593
Risk of rain
>>
rogue legacy is not a roguelike
>>
>>331650205
Also Risk of Rain, I hear it's getting matchmaking soon.
>>
Darkest dungeon, the binding of Isaac and risk of rain.
>>
>>331650428
Heard Darkest Dungeon became shit because the Devs try to prevent people from using what they learnt from playing because "meta is bad".
>>
And this guy's mom's vagina is a good rouglike
>>
>>331650546
that's a really fuzzy, untargeted criticism

especially for something you "heard" and didn't experience yourself
>>
>>331650791
To be fair /v/ is the only place where you can have an opinion about something you know nothing about personally. The negative reviews on Steam kinda speak for themselves though.
>>
>>331650958
>To be fair /v/ is the only place where you can have an opinion about something you know nothing about personally

no it isn't. being an ignorant loudmouth here is no more acceptable than being an ignorant loudmouth anywhere else.

>steam reviews
if you let shit like this decide anything for you, you're an idiot. some whiny vocal minority of a player base doesn't like a change and uploads 1 star reviews etc...only an idiot is swayed by emotionality
>>
>>331651113
>Get a game with bad reviews.
>Complain about the game being bad.

You are this fucking retarded.
>>
>>331650958
Please never regurgitate opinions you think you heard somewhere else without forming them firsthand
>>
>>331651113
>no it isn't. being an ignorant loudmouth here is no more acceptable than being an ignorant loudmouth anywhere else.
Go look at any thread about a reasonably popular game, it's 90% shitposting from contrarian fucktards.
>if you let shit like this decide anything for you, you're an idiot. some whiny vocal minority of a player base doesn't like a change and uploads 1 star reviews etc...only an idiot is swayed by emotionality
Only idiots don't learn from the mistakes of others.
>>
Rogue Legacy isn't a roguelike, every time you clear one of the for bosses, they stay cleared. The game saves your progress, stats, equipment and loot. It's the furthest thing from a roguelike.
>>
>>331649593
Binding of Isaac
Darkest Dungeon
FTL
>>
>>331649593
Ascendant has lots of similar features
>>
>>331649593
One Way Heroics
>>
I would say Rogue Legacy isn't even a Roguelite because it's clearly not made to be done on an independent run, you are clearly supposed to grind to advance.

Try Spelunky or Isaac for some classic roguelites.
>>
File: whenurbad.jpg (89 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
whenurbad.jpg
89 KB, 800x600
>nuclear throne
>binding of isaac
>>
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup if you are a literal faggot
Dungeon Crawl Lite if you like feminine penises
Angband if you are a lotr fag
Risk of Rain if you want to pretend you know how to host servers
FTL if you like your entire run to be min/maxing for the singular boss fight
Spelunky (free version) if you like dying to fall damage
Dwarf Fortress if you want to spend 1000 hours making a procedural generated greentext post.

Those are the ones I have played more than 10 hours of.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.