[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=187999

- Two new Escalation Missions will be available later today, 2 new ones every week until the next Episode arrives;
- The first Elusive Target will be delayed until the server issues are resolved, will be close to Episode 2 release;
- Vampire Magician Challenge Pack will include 10 new challanges where you will have to use the Magician disguise inspired by community activity, releasing next week with the patch (free for everyone);
- New patch coming soon with lots of fixes, patch notes will be posted on the forum when the time comes;
- Release date for Episode 2 will come next week.
>>
>>331643175
I've always wanted to play these games and after browsing some threads and checking some reviews this seems to be the best entry in the franchise, aside from the episodic release aspect.
>>
>>331643175
Good link
>>
Fuck off Square Enix
>>
>>331643175
>http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=187999
Nice link retard.

Also, no actual mention of the reason for why the elusive targets are delayed in your "source". Pretty bummed about that though, really expected it to be released within 10 days of launch, didn't seem that difficult.
>>
https://hitman.com/en-us/news/two-new-escalation-contracts-added-to-hitman
Actual fucking link.
>>
>>331643734
maybe they are putting effort into them
>>
>>331643985
I assumed they already had, and it was pretty much ready to go when they launched the game.
>>
>>331644031
Things are obviously not going well for them though, they must be having difficulties if they decided to do episodic over an actual release.
>>
>>331644093
I do not see how that would affect the development of another hit in the same level. Because that's something that's been going on for way longer than just recently.
Besides, they have a few good reasons for going episodic.
>>
BECAUSE OP IS FUCKING GAY
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=187999
>>
>>331644093
They're probably hitting the same wall nearly every single episodic release attempt has hit, and failing

I can't think of an episodic release that has managed to hold a tight schedule

>>331644171
>Besides, they have a few good reasons for going episodic.
Budget was the prime reason. Way to get early returns since Square didn't want to finance them properly.
>>
>>331644239
Why not just link to the fucking blogpost anyway?
>>331644273
>Budget was the prime reason. Way to get early returns since Square didn't want to finance them properly.
Yeah, I don't doubt that there were other reasons besides the ones they're actually stating as reasons. And it's believable that those would be the biggest reasons.
I'm just saying that they had good reasons as well.
>>
>>331643352
>best entry in the franchise

You got me hook, line, and sinker.
>>
>>331644345
>besides the ones they're actually stating as reasons
What are their stated reasons? I thought it was pretty established they were doing this to minimize risk and get early money. No one buys the game? Well there you go, shut everything down, and they've saved on half the development.
>>
File: 1423177329566.jpg (145 KB, 600x465) Image search: [Google]
1423177329566.jpg
145 KB, 600x465
>>331643175
Im getting this game with my new GPU

So i just wanna ask.
What the hell is escalation Missions?
>>
>>331644526
>What are their stated reasons?
>Part of that decision is for that little bit of extra time to ensure every location we release is at the quality level fitting for a Hitman game. But the main driving reason is that this will allow us to create a living game that will expand and evolve over time and establish a foundation for the future — this is the first game in a storyline which will continue and expand with future Hitman games.
From a quick google. Come the fuck on man.
>>
File: Playtime.png (194 KB, 983x369) Image search: [Google]
Playtime.png
194 KB, 983x369
It's a shame that Elusive Targets have been delayed, I was looking forward to one within the past weekend.

I did love the escalation missions, though, so I'm glad we're getting more of them.

Anything to get more content out of this game, really. I fucking love it. It's the Blood Money sequel I've been waiting for for almost a decade now.
>>
>>331644594
5 missions that keep adding on to each other. by 5 there's like a shit ton of booby traps and goals you have to do
>>
>>331644594
It's a mission with escalating difficulty. So in the first stage you just need to kill somebody. Then you need to kill the same dude but there are more cameras, then you need to kill the same dude with more cameras but you can't subdue anybody, etc.
They're pretty fun if well designed, so you can't really do the same shit 5 times in a row. But some have been a bit boring. They're also a bit more silly and less serious than the main hits, one introduced laser bombs that everybody but you could walk through for example.
>>
>>331644747
how do you deactivate trip wire mines?
>>
>>331644841
There's a remote device thingy in the security room and the safe room, you need to equip and hold that and then you can walk through the lasers.
>>
>>331644648
I can dig myself but since I'm out of the loop it doesn't hurt to ask

>As Seifer explains, he and his team are done with the "ivory tower" game development mentality, in which they spend years cranking out a full game only to go silent for several more after its completion. In becoming a "live studio," as he calls it, IO hopes to respond more quickly to player feedback and do a better job supporting Hitman's online multiplayer feature, Contracts mode.
They're nice lines of bullshit now but it's still the same. Minimal risk, potentially more money, same development cycle no matter what he wishes it was.
>I had in my past times--more than enough--where you crunch for half a year and then, you need three months break to recover to the next game. Obviously you cannot do that if you want to be a live studio, because we cannot say bye-bye for three months to our fans once the game comes out. When it comes out, is actually when our real stress starts.
And an unsustainable workload on staff. Hence why it always fucking fails, and they're hellbent on repeating the same mistakes as others who have tried this.

More from that interview
>40 percent of our players picked it up (Absolution), and that is a huge number for an online component in a single-player game.
40% fucking tried it, but I seriously doubt they had anywhere close to 40% as regulars. That'd be an incredible return beating most online games of the year.

Literally feeding us bullshit with almost every line coming out of his mouth.
>>
Did they fix the "the world revolves around you" issues that were in the beta?
>>
>>331644889
>play the level
>kill both targets
>do the laptop thing
>not caught at all
>walk out all smug
>blow up because i forgot to equip the fucking device
>>
>>331644403
If every episode is of the quality of Paris, I say it would be.
>>
>>331648150
personally i think Italy will be better because it is a small town, so it will be more open than Paris
>>
I really like the escalation contracts.
Except for when theres cameras.
I fucking hate them.
Theres nothing fun with it.
Nothing at all.
It's fucking bullshit.

Everything else about them is great.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUthkCQocs0
>>
>>331650190
Kill Busey. How is that even a question?
>>
>Eliminate Akiko Crilley in close combat
So, what constitutes as close combat? Thought it might've been just snapping necks, but the fiber wire works. But it's not everything that's close because the lethal poison does not work.
>>
>>331649613
Just swing by the server room on your way out and delete the recordings.
>>
>>331643175

>Throw a coin
>Guard goes to pick it up
>Subdue him
>Suddenly I'm in the floor and choking out a guard on the ceiling of the museum below
>Once he's out we both just fall to the ground, and since there's no fall damage I save a good minute trying to leave the level

what
>>
>>331651339
New speedrunning strat senpai, welcome to the field
>>
File: Laughter.jpg (15 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
Laughter.jpg
15 KB, 413x395
>>331647340
Bahahahahahahahaha
#rekt
>>
>>331649613
Shoot them with your Silverballers or delete recordings so they can't spot you anymore
>>
File: 1450875328600.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
1450875328600.png
65 KB, 285x276
>>331650190
>you will never kill both
why even live
>>
File: 1447127672282s.jpg (5 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1447127672282s.jpg
5 KB, 124x125
>go do the sabre challenge
>the guy i need to kill wont step away from it
>throw a coin
>i threw it too far around the corner, so he can still see me
>go back further
>throw a second
>right where i want it
>throw the third for good measure
>break the glass and run away
>HUH WHAT WAS THAT?
>Whatever!
>goes back to picking up coins
>mfw
>>
>>331643352
>this seems to be the best entry in the franchise, aside from the episodic release aspect.
Take a load of this shill.
>>
>>331655254
>stop liking what i dont like
>>
New escalation missions are great.
>>
>>331655712
Yeah, the stylist one is actually pretty annoying. Still don't know how to kill the second target stealthily.
>>
>>331655678
>just buy the last game, the maximum edition with all DLC and freemium shit included... and try it out, trust me goy.

>after browsing some threads and checking some reviews
But, did he actually played the games, and got gud?
Stop hiding the nose jew.
>>
>>331655254
he is fucking right tho.
>>
>>331655918
Fug. I've seen the cameras one because I just strangled her and then got out while under fire, but then I gave up.
I don't think I'll be able to complete this one.
>>
>>331655908
Care to explain why?
Or your just gonna keep talking shit?
>>
>>331649613
Some advices if you don't know yet
You can shoot them
You can deactivate the camera computer in the basement of the palaceit by shooting it
>>
>>331655873
Im not jewish. im muslim
>>
>>331655908
I'm enjoying Hitman 6 a lot, but it's still way too soon to call it better than Blood Money.

I could see it getting on Contracts level, if the next 5 missions are as good as Paris.
>>
>>331643175
>try first mission
>kill the chief kinda guy to get the white uniform
>all doors where closed
>put on uniform
>for some reason, automatic alert and some girl is informing that ''there is a bald guy with a white uniform'' around, even though I put the uniform like 5 seconds before she said so
wat
>>
Don't buy this game it's really bland and drops to 10 fps within minutes of starting a mission
>>
>>331656979
Your PC must be really shit. The performance isn't great, but I get at least 20 fps on a HD6970.
>>
>>331656979
i3 6100
GTX 960 4GB
16GB RAM
I'm playing with the default options, except I activated DirectX 12, the DX12 option and increased anisotropic to x16.
It stays at around 45 FPS in all levels.
It has issues, but it could be worse.
>>
>>331657041
Wow a whole 20fps ???

This game is a fucking joke and it's ridiculous they are selling this game when it's clearly not out of beta testing
>>
>>331657217
>Wow a whole 20fps ???
Yes. Literally twice as many frames as what you claimed. That's quite a fuckton more.
Again, not saying it's particularly good, but my GPU's pretty dated anyway. And it's a constant 20fps at least, there are no spikes.

Then again, clearly you're baiting because performance like this isn't exceptionally bad. At least not bad enough to not pass beta testing as you claim.
>>
>>331657390
Lol "20fps is not bad"

These shills man
>>
>>331657217
R390X
Get 50 FPS stable
>>
>>331656979
i get a solid 60. the only problem is it that there is no fps cap and it goes above a lot. imeet recommended specs

>>331657041
jesus christ that's an old gpu
>>
>>331660216
>jesus christ that's an old gpu
Fell for the "wait for Polaris" meme, which now shifted to "wait for Vega".
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.